MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #21
Jonbones
MSRH Groundskeeper

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 750 L1 (stolen)
Kawasaki Ninja 500R (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildeez View Post
Due to drivers or cops or road?
Other drivers mostly. I-10 is bad for cops

Sorry we weren't able to meet up today; I'll send you a private message next time we're gonna head out...

today's ride was a last minute deal for me, too--Missed the other two rides I was trying to get to, and saw the thread in the meets section

What do you ride, man?
Jonbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
H-town miguel!! Stunters Lounge 19 02-24-2013 09:52 AM
where can I get this in town?? floyd600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 07-13-2011 11:49 AM
Taste of the Town at The Woodlands Town Center Thursday 1/27 4-9pm Flip Events, Meets and Rides 2 01-27-2011 01:44 PM
Just got into Town __NATE__ General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 06-16-2008 11:14 PM
G-town Sc0 Off Topic 0 10-01-2006 08:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #22
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

That section where 59 and 610 meet by the Galleria is the 3rd most congested intersection in the state of Texas. There are alot of busy main roads like Buffalo Spdwy, Weslayan, Kirby, Shepherd, Richmond on that whole strip of 59 and everyone wants on or off RIGHT NOW. Once you get near downtown on the inbound lane of 59, the freeway narrows abruptly then curves, narrows even further, curves again, then merges with another freeway. Lots of abrupt stop and go, lots of lane swapping, lots of road rage.

The area where 59 runs East/West is where Ducky is referring to.
http://mapq.st/zAIgLs
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #23
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildeez View Post
Due to drivers or cops or road?
Mostly drivers.. it's a 6 lane hwy right before they divide and split 3 lanes 2 ways. Meaning 3 lanes going 59 N/S, 3 lanes exiting to 610 N/S. And you'll have some awesome texter go from the far left lane (Exiting to 610) veer 4 lanes over while texting. If it's traffic, they just don't look for you and swap lanes. Get's scary while riding beside an 18 wheeler and they cut you off from the front of the truck.
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #24
BirdmanXX
BMF

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2002 Honda CBR Super Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatM0NKEY View Post
Mostly drivers.. it's a 6 lane hwy right before they divide and split 3 lanes 2 ways. Meaning 3 lanes going 59 N/S, 3 lanes exiting to 610 N/S. And you'll have some awesome texter go from the far left lane (Exiting to 610) veer 4 lanes over while texting. If it's traffic, they just don't look for you and swap lanes. Get's scary while riding beside an 18 wheeler and they cut you off from the front of the truck.
I like when they cut you off and when you pull back up nest to them they glance over and then act like they don't see you screaming and making gestures at them lol.
BirdmanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #25
Chomama
"Roll Out!"

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR-600

Member Garage

Welcome!
Chomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #26