Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #41
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_Aaron View Post
wow, now i look at this i came off way to headstrong. everyone was right bout good people on here. yall just looking out for me! never find that any more. yes ill be taking that class, and yes will fix the grammer never made since til yall said something. mind blower. preciate it, got a new out look though. i feel really dumb now. next thing on the list is a jacket.. im glad ive opened this post, all these opinions are awesome to me. now i know what to do to improve. this weekend i will be getting my classes in, no joke. and of course a few more precautions in the a.m. on my way to wrk. and those of you that said "not to insult" , thanks again. when i figure out how to reply to individuals, itll be easyer. but once again thanks for the advice! r6 is still the most beautiful machine built..0_o
Click "quote" type and post...

__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday noob/noob+/noob++ ride to Yankee TMAX Events, Meets and Rides 70 10-06-2013 07:36 PM
MH Noob ride August 11 2012 grsa Event Pics and Vids 6 08-11-2012 11:22 PM
Multigenerational MH: OG to Noob Mala Lingua Off Topic 105 01-18-2012 09:48 AM
Helios' Noob MH Shirt Giveaway *CLOSED* Winner = Yumbeef Helios Forum Updates & Feedback 76 08-20-2011 10:10 AM
Calling all Girls: Small Noob girl needs small noob bike Longrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 08-23-2008 02:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #42
R6_Aaron
Member
 
R6_Aaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Baytown
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 62

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 r6




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post


You are not the first, nor the last man....welcome to the board.

Be careful with that R6, they got some for a six hundy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_Aaron View Post
thanks for the words of encouragment though, stuff happens. but yeah i called the guy and we all started laughing after..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
Not too far from ya. Welcome to MH!
how far exactly? cool to have other riders close by..
R6_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #43
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Screw the grammar police, that's women's work kekeke
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #44
Vegas Kid
Senior Member
 
Vegas Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,916

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50








Let us know if u have any questions.
Also check the for sale section for used gear cheap
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #45
hes
Senior Member
 
hes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West of Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 424

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4; CC; Tamburini; Brutale and F3
2015 BMW GSA 1200
2008 KTM 530 EXC; 2014 Yamaha 450YZF
2008 Ducati Desmosedici
1980 Vespa (my track bike)






Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
which is the more important brake, the front or back?

and yes thats a question for the OP, not the rest of you yahoo's.
It depends, if you are asking the guy coming too hot before a corner or tha same guy after he missed it and is crusing on the grass to make a stop
hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #46
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by hes View Post
It depends, if you are asking the guy coming too hot before a corner or tha same guy after he missed it and is crusing on the grass to make a stop
im asking the new guy who forgot to lift his sidestand and thought his bike was defective in some way.

and has never replied back w/ an answer.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #47
whomikedao
Physicist
 
whomikedao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Southwest
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,286


Bike(s):
'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(sold)
'05 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636(sold)
Honda Rebel 250




Yeah! Even the pic of the back of your R6 is really sexy! Just keep your head up! No one likes to start anything here because it's a really kind and tight community
whomikedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #48
Senator
Dude....Seriously?
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Washington Ave.
Feedback Rating: (17)
Posts: 5,101

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
im asking the new guy who forgot to lift his sidestand and thought his bike was defective in some way.

and has never replied back w/ an answer.
I understand your mission. I really do. I am for it for the most part.

However, you plan to judge his intentions, riding ability, etc off of a single question that he may or may not know (Which is pretty ambiguous in the first place, as there is no definitive answer as it is dependent on the situation). Yet you still continue to hammer and pry for an answer to vindicate your status in the hierarchy of motorcycle riding knowledge.

Ease up, not everyone knows the right path before someone tells them.
I PMed him in a nice suggestive manner, and he seems to want to do the right thing. Give him a chance.
__________________
Bill N.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #49
hes
Senior Member
 
hes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West of Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 424

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4; CC; Tamburini; Brutale and F3
2015 BMW GSA 1200
2008 KTM 530 EXC; 2014 Yamaha 450YZF
2008 Ducati Desmosedici
1980 Vespa (my track bike)






Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
im asking the new guy who forgot to lift his sidestand and thought his bike was defective in some way.

and has never replied back w/ an answer.
Was just trying to give him a hand, and maybe as well he learns something valuable, if not already known by him, about braking using the front or back brakes.
hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #50
hes
Senior Member
 
hes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West of Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 424

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4; CC; Tamburini; Brutale and F3
2015 BMW GSA 1200
2008 KTM 530 EXC; 2014 Yamaha 450YZF
2008 Ducati Desmosedici
1980 Vespa (my track bike)






Ohh and by the way, when you take the motorcycle riding class they teach you to apply both brakes together in all situations. At least that was the case when i took mine.
hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #51
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
I understand your mission. I really do. I am for it for the most part.

However, you plan to judge his intentions, riding ability, etc off of a single question that he may or may not know (Which is pretty ambiguous in the first place, as there is no definitive answer as it is dependent on the situation). Yet you still continue to hammer and pry for an answer to vindicate your status in the hierarchy of motorcycle riding knowledge.

Ease up, not everyone knows the right path before someone tells them.
I PMed him in a nice suggestive manner, and he seems to want to do the right thing. Give him a chance.

ambigious for experienced riders, yes. a noob not really.

knowing which and knowing how to use it can and will save his life.

and yes OP is headed in right direction and seems to be listening, only time will tell. he won't be the first or last person to say "i'll take the class" but never has/did and crashed/died.

and i left the thread till HES brought it back up.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #52
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,505

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by hes View Post
Ohh and by the way, when you take the motorcycle riding class they teach you to apply both brakes together in all situations. At least that was the case when i took mine.
when i taught the class, 1 has a much higher % of use. while both are obviously important to you and i, a new rider has alot diff. answer and reaction.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #53
Senator
Dude....Seriously?
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Washington Ave.
Feedback Rating: (17)
Posts: 5,101

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
knowing which and knowing how to use it can and will save his life.

and yes OP is headed in right direction and seems to be listening, only time will tell. he won't be the first or last person to say "i'll take the class" but never has/did and crashed/died.

and i left the thread till HES brought it back up.
I agree with you.
However, after it was "obvious" to you he wasn't going to answer, why not teach instead of continuing to be condescending? Even if it was part of your response to HES, that second part was clearly aimed at the OP.

You have a good message....work on the approach a little.
I like this one personally:
__________________
Bill N.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #54
hes
Senior Member
 
hes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West of Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 424

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4; CC; Tamburini; Brutale and F3
2015 BMW GSA 1200
2008 KTM 530 EXC; 2014 Yamaha 450YZF
2008 Ducati Desmosedici
1980 Vespa (my track bike)






Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
ambigious for experienced riders, yes. a noob not really.

knowing which and knowing how to use it can and will save his life.

and yes OP is headed in right direction and seems to be listening, only time will tell. he won't be the first or last person to say "i'll take the class" but never has/did and crashed/died.

and i left the thread till HES brought it back up.
Sorry i brought it up again. Usually read the forum at nite ?.. Where is the "i am sorry" face?
hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #55
R6_Aaron
Member
 
R6_Aaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Baytown
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 62

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 r6




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
I understand your mission. I really do. I am for it for the most part.

However, you plan to judge his intentions, riding ability, etc off of a single question that he may or may not know (Which is pretty ambiguous in the first place, as there is no definitive answer as it is dependent on the situation). Yet you still continue to hammer and pry for an answer to vindicate your status in the hierarchy of motorcycle riding knowledge.

Ease up, not everyone knows the right path before someone tells them.
I PMed him in a nice suggestive manner, and he seems to want to do the right thing. Give him a chance.
Didn't mean to stir this up. Just had a question that I thought had a simple answer. But it's cool. There always that one guy I guess. He learned to ride his way and I'll learn mine. Safely, but unfortunately not legally at the moment. But thanks for being helpful.
R6_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #56
R6_Aaron
Member
 
R6_Aaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Baytown
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 62

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 r6




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by whomikedao View Post
Yeah! Even the pic of the back of your R6 is really sexy! Just keep your head up! No one likes to start anything here because it's a really kind and tight community
Preciate it man yeah deffinatly will from now on.
R6_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #57
R6_Aaron
Member
 
R6_Aaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Baytown
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 62

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 r6




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
im asking the new guy who forgot to lift his sidestand and thought his bike was defective in some way.

and has never replied back w/ an answer.
here let me google it. But ok I got your point the first time. Have a good night. And good ride.
R6_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #58
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง
 
babymilo36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nice try, thieves
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by R6_Aaron View Post
wow, now i look at this i came off way to headstrong. everyone was right bout good people on here. yall just looking out for me! never find that any more. yes ill be taking that class, and yes will fix the grammer never made since til yall said something. mind blower. preciate it, got a new out look though. i feel really dumb now. next thing on the list is a jacket.. im glad ive opened this post, all these opinions are awesome to me. now i know what to do to improve. this weekend i will be getting my classes in, no joke. and of course a few more precautions in the a.m. on my way to wrk. and those of you that said "not to insult" , thanks again. when i figure out how to reply to individuals, itll be easyer. but once again thanks for the advice! r6 is still the most beautiful machine built..0_o
Now you're learning
__________________
forum sig zpsd444cffa

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #59
R6_Aaron
Member
 
R6_Aaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Baytown
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 62

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 r6




Member Garage


http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/...bum_view_click let me know if this works
R6_Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #60
the_laydown
Bored
 
the_laydown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,180

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Husky SMR511




Member Garage





I never took msf....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
the_laydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy