MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #41
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
I don't particularly care for the looks of the 14 but you can't argue with the power they are making... You can't put a whole lot of stock in the fact that Ricky G ran xxxx on anything.... Ricky can make ANYTHING run fast.... So can Ryan Schnitz.... Ryan went an 8.48 on a stock engined S1000RR(very well prepped/tuned mind you)....

I do think the new ZX14 is an 8.90 bike out of the box though with an arm, gears and a pipe...
They are talking about dropping teeth on the rear to keep it down and run quicker. Launching it at 3500 has yielded the best results.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S4RS is not a Monster..... Jefe General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 03-30-2012 10:04 AM
Monster addiction General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 09-11-2011 09:36 AM
MONSTER 1FC Off Topic 41 10-19-2009 02:31 PM
Matt and "The Monster"- Rock Art Brewery vs. Monster Energy Drink flipstyledsm22 Off Topic 0 10-16-2009 09:41 PM
New monster drink :JAVA MONSTER LOCO MOCA urbanXJ Off Topic 10 06-26-2009 07:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #42
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magzx12r View Post
The commercial is so so. I don't see how it alienates any demographic. It is just DMX talking. No different than any other voice used in a commercial.
except that he's not talking english.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #43
magzx12r

Feedback Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
except that he's not talking english.
Yada, yada, yada.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #44
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeineRacer View Post
Anyway completely off topic sorry and no I would not get that Monster, the weight and size just don't appeal to me.
I'd never own one(or a Hayabusa) as my only bike, but for a second bike I think it would be just fine. They're comfortable, plenty of torque everywhere, and can easily be adjusted to handle reasonably well. Especially considering most of the roads around here are long, fast sweepers, not low speed tight and technical corners.

I'd love to pick one up, but I'd rather buy a new car first since I can't do both.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #45
blodgettboy24
CeddyCed

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 ZX-636
95 Honda CBR f3 (stolen)

Send a message via AIM to blodgettboy24 Send a message via Yahoo to blodgettboy24 Send a message via Skype™ to blodgettboy24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
I said Galveston cause I was referring to the biggest mass populated area in a single day for comparison reasons (Lonestar Rally)
I get stuck behind them on city streets cause they cannot turn their bikes with the 10''-30'' swingarm stretches and lack of skill. Ive literally seen people three point turn a stretched 'Busa (Fat Tire) on a normal 1 lane right turn......its ridiculous
Now this isnt all African Americans by no means but Im just stating that most of them are riding the busas/ zx14 (If their broke then Katanas and TL's hahaha)

Im black and I ride with a variety of people and none of my black friends have busa's, katanas, or tl's and only one have a stretched bike and its only 6 inches.
blodgettboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #46
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blodgettboy24 View Post
Im black and I ride with a variety of people and none of my black friends have busa's, katanas, or tl's and only one have a stretched bike and its only 6 inches.
Congrats, you fall under the catergory of "Not All African Americans by no means" as I stated in the post you qouted!

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #47
CaffeineRacer

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'03 SV650

Okay I would just like to state for the record that I brought up the commercial not because I was implying that only black people ride hyabusas or zx-14rs or that those are the only bikes that black people ride or that there is any race based motorcycle preferences for that matter simply that I felt in MY OPINION that it was a bad commercial.

Sorry didn't mean to start this discussion which I'm sure has been discussed ad nauseum on all motorcycle forums.

To each their own.
CaffeineRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #48
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeineRacer View Post
Okay I would just like to state for the record that I brought up the commercial not because I was implying that only black people ride hyabusas or zx-14rs or that those are the only bikes that black people ride or that there is any race based motorcycle preferences for that matter simply that I felt in MY OPINION that it was a bad commercial.

Sorry didn't mean to start this discussion which I'm sure has been discussed ad nauseum on all motorcycle forums.

To each their own.
Yes, the commercial did suck in General

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #49
magzx12r

Feedback Rating: (5)

I went and sat on the bike today. I may just have to get it. Not sure what to do with my small bike though.

Advertisement