MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #21
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
that is some cool ... love it...
i remember when my boys were small and their first bikes... the fun times and yes the times they got hurt,,, but it is all part of growing up,,, the part you cherish when you get old...you always remember the things you did together...and it feels good everytime you think of it...
He's already crashed twice! No pain no gain. I totally agree with you, we already have so many memories, and its going so fast. Thank for cameras!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyriderZX10R View Post
isn't it funny the way that works? you didn't know you could love something so much...until you have a child...

great pics....cherish it....they don't stay little long, and you wonder where the time went.

best regards,
I couldnt imagine life without him or bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
Retirement fund
His name is Hayden, can you guess why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Real cool tomball I'm happy for you and your family kid looks good!!!
Thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Msf?
he took that at 6 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF View Post
You are truly blessed my friend!! Made me think back to when I was younger. Your a awsome dad and that kid is lucky to have you as a father as I was with mine. Cant wait to see you bring him out to the Monday meet sometime!!

Wish I had a kid so to you sir I

.....Griff
You dont know how much those kind words mean sir, thanks Griff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
I looked at the pictures and though of my son.. LOL.. its the best feeling..

My son is 5 now and he has 2 bikes and 4 bikecycles.. lol He rides them like if there is no tomorrow..
Its awesome seen them start and get better so fast!.. I cant wait to have him go out and ride with me.

Congrats..
The feeling is indescribeable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in H-town View Post
I like how he starts pulling on ya at the end there. Move it, Dad...
No !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
I see a future wheelie master in training!
You should see him on his tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Badass kid...

Learning to ride bicycle? that ... I got a fiddy.

Congratulations.
Exactly what I thought when this other kid came up to the park with his big wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboy326 View Post
Can you tell me a little more about the setup. My oldest is going to be 3 in June, and id like a safe setup for her to learn to ride.
The PW50 has a very low 26" seat height. The training wheels make it impossible for them to tip over. Its shaft drive, so no adjusting the chain, or fear of them getting caught in it. You can adjust a screw on the throttle that controls how much it can be opened, essentially giving you complete control of how fast they can go, which is invaluable. The motor tune is very soft for a 2 stroke, so the powerband is mellow and wont sneak up on the kid, They are very easy to ride and very light. I know people that have had 5 kids learn on them for over 10 years, and they NEVER needed a top end. very reliable, and with the proper instruction and riding area quite safe!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
that moment you realize...... Nastynesto85 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 11-04-2014 09:51 AM
at the moment shsu1k Health and Fitness 0 09-23-2009 12:47 AM
Take 1 Moment To see this... __NATE__ Off Topic 7 11-26-2008 07:14 AM
PLEASE take a moment and do this... dhdrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 09-24-2007 08:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #22
mkgsxr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

mkgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #23
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Def keep us posted with some more pics in future
Definetly, I have some GoPro footage and other videos, just gotta get them edited.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #24
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

sweet!!!

i'm behing the curve now, my 2.5 y.o. doesn't have a motorerd bike yet, just an elec. one.

getting a jacket for my daughter to ride w/ me, she's 6.5.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
Track_Graphics

Feedback Rating: (0)

Mine are 17 and 19. We paint them together and ride together. I love those boys and I love riding with them. Take lots of video and don't erase ANYTHING. Even the boring stuff will be great to watch later in life. I deeply regret erasing stuff I thought was boring, ya know, just sitting watchin TV, riding their bikes up and down the driveway for hours, eating, sleeping. I promise you, you will wish you never did it and you'll want more.

When my oldest was 15 he couldn't wait for his safety course and he figured out how to shift my bike while I was out of town. Him and his buddy went for a ride. Of course he crased it....... right into a fire hydrant at 45mph. Had on a helmet that was too big and he busted the out of himself very bad and the bike wasn't much more than a hand full of powder. It WAS an 02GSXR1000. Lots of pain, lots of gain for him. He learned and lucked out.

But - now both my boys are licensed and we LOVE to ride together. Those are great pix and video. Take as much as you can. You WON'T regret it.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #26
Fastola
Banned

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street

User is banned

Fastola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #27
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Thanks everyone. I like hearing all the stories of past riders and their kids. I will definetly be taking lots of photos and video!
TomballD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #28
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

awsome job dude
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #29
Bluestreak06
Maine-ah

Bike(s):
2011 Hayabusa
2006 GSXR-600 (sold)
1981 yamaha XS 650(sold)

Member Garage

Thats just awesome.....someday I hope to be able to do that with my future children.

I look back on the pictures of being younger on bikes with my dad.....cant wait to go home to Maine this summer and go riding with him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If you don't shake it after you pee the terrorists win.
Ben C.
Bluestreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #30
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak06 View Post
Thats just awesome.....someday I hope to be able to do that with my future children.

I look back on the pictures of being younger on bikes with my dad.....cant wait to go home to Maine this summer and go riding with him again.
I didnt start riding till I bought my own bike when I was 19, so I have never had the pleasure of riding with my pops. I bet its a serious bonding experience that you never forget.

Coincidentally my Dad was over this week and we took a group picture of the three generations all sitting on minis, and it was a great shot.

I told my Dad " This is a picture I will have hanging on my wall in 30 years!" I think it made him a little sentimental. The 3 generation ride will have to come soon!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #31
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

yep, I am an old man... my Dad has been gone a long time... and some of my favorite memories with him revolve around our bikes, the day he died the last thing he did with me was help me pick up a harley I had dropped in his back yard...the last time I saw him he was waving at me as I rode off....as well as the memories I have of when my sons were small and their bikes...
I had to show your clip to my wife and she loved it too...
Old 02-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #32
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Get him off the training wheels as soon as you can. He'll progress faster that way.

Here's my daughter about 10 years ago. She loved the training wheels, but then got too used to them. I yanked them off and, after getting her used to two wheels, she and I would ride side by side on my track in the pasture. Eventually the little PW was sold off (but not before I made it much stouter).

Today my daughter regularly rides around the trails by the house and at Colin's place on one of my TTRs when I'm up there. She's never been super competitive so she doesn't burn down everyone with her Superpole times, but she has a lot of fun.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #33
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

nice... thats awesome...
Old 02-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #34
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
yep, I am an old man... my Dad has been gone a long time... and some of my favorite memories with him revolve around our bikes, the day he died the last thing he did with me was help me pick up a harley I had dropped in his back yard...the last time I saw him he was waving at me as I rode off....as well as the memories I have of when my sons were small and their bikes...
I had to show your clip to my wife and she loved it too...
Great memories to have of your father, thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
Get him off the training wheels as soon as you can. He'll progress faster that way.

Here's my daughter about 10 years ago. She loved the training wheels, but then got too used to them. I yanked them off and, after getting her used to two wheels, she and I would ride side by side on my track in the pasture. Eventually the little PW was sold off (but not before I made it much stouter).

Today my daughter regularly rides around the trails by the house and at Colin's place on one of my TTRs when I'm up there. She's never been super competitive so she doesn't burn down everyone with her Superpole times, but she has a lot of fun.
Awesome VIDEO!
I hope to have him off training wheels after 6-8 months, but since he is just barely 2 we will be taking it slow. I am actually going to try getting out to the Texas Tornado boot camp, such an awesome idea. Seeing Colins son at the flat track races is actually what pushed us over the limit and said " Thats it hes getting a fifty."
Thanks for the advice!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #35
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Seeing Colins son at the flat track races is actually what pushed us over the limit and said " Thats it hes getting a fifty."
Thanks for the advice!
Hopefully your son will take to bikes quickly!

Yep, Hayes flies. He's a good kid, too. He's unafraid to mix it up with the big boys, too, of course.

i Ct3H3PC XL