Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

265's CMRA Season Opener Thank-yous!

All in all, I had a pretty crappy weekend...but it would have been even crappier if I hadn't been able to race at all.

Huge, huge, huge, HUGE thanks to Ted Phillips (AF1 Aprilia), David Wilson (Hyper Cycle), Brandt Dillon, and Dean Dufrene for push starting my on Sunday morning.

Even more thanks to Ted for essentially being a never-ending tech support resource and parts supplier, which is becoming more and more apparently essential as I get more laps on the Aprilia, hah...

Thanks Brandon Spradling and P1, I can't put a number on how many times Spraggle has dropped what he's doing to lend a hand, and he's always been able to give unequaled support and get all my non-OEM parts and gear for me at better prices than even online vendors can offer.

Big thanks to John Hutchinson for providing me with the always sticky Bridgestone tires and never ending support at the track. John's also helping out a LOT with figuring out what tires I'm going to use at Pike's Peak later this year, and he's really gone above and beyond with helping me get tires lined up for a race course that is (to me) essentially unknown.

Brandt (again) for showing me the 'right' way around MSRH and for getting some wicked footage of me throwing my bike down - for those who don't know, Brandt offers one-on-one private lessons for an INCREDIBLY reasonable price, if you haven't already had him tote you around the track you should...
Thanks also to Brandt's boss Lisa P and 212 Decals...I've tried other decal/graphics vendors, and Lisa is hands down the greatest. She's gone above and beyond to get me custom-fit decals and graphics, and they're ALWAYS the absolute greatest quality with faster turnaround time than I could have ever possibly imagined - she had me number plates made from scratch that fit PERFECTLY, and had the design right the first time. I've seen 'other' decal makers take MONTHS just to get me the WRONG design - Lisa gets it right every time. For this reason, beyond racing stuff, Lisa is also going to be printing mass quantity t-shirts and decals for my band - I wouldn't dream of having anyone else do any graphic/print/decal/sticker work for me.

I also owe a thank you to Ryan and Phil warren, Dustin Sperry, and Bobo - I've spent the majority of the last few years at the track with these guys, slept on their floors, ate their food, drank their beer, etc., and I don't think that my racing experience thus far would be as great as it's been without them.

Thanks as well to all of the CMRA staff and officials (and Linz) for putting on a great first event, and thanks to anyone else that I forgot to mention...

hopefully this weekend was the start to the greatest year yet, and I can't wait to do it all again next month.

10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote