MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 03:42 AM   #41
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Breathtaking view ....

(One more step forward and you fall 800 feet to your death)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2403.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	3832  
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
this is how we roll in india hughes40 Off Topic 5 07-20-2008 08:43 PM
India Video MadseasoN General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 11-23-2007 06:59 PM
Harley in India ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 0 07-22-2006 08:35 AM
Link to pic of my bike, personal pics soon to come! (NEW TANK PICS POSTED) tbone16 Cruisers Lounge 19 07-01-2005 07:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2006, 03:43 AM   #42
MadseasoN

'nother view
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_2374.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	3833  
Old 12-14-2006, 03:57 AM   #43
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Those are some nics pics of the scenery. Keep em comin
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:27 AM   #44
baliqsR1
blueR1

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 K4(FOR SALE), SV650 (track), Honda CR250R

Send a message via AIM to baliqsR1 Send a message via MSN to baliqsR1 Send a message via Yahoo to baliqsR1
India--my motherland
baliqsR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:29 AM   #45
baliqsR1
blueR1

Bike(s):

Send a message via AIM to baliqsR1 Send a message via MSN to baliqsR1 Send a message via Yahoo to baliqsR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
, I'll be lost if I am there. Imagine if I have to communicate with the taxi driver and tell him to take me to the hotel. What is the name of the hotel?

u'll be suprised by the amount of people speaking english
Old 12-14-2006, 04:31 AM   #46
baliqsR1
blueR1

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni
"do not spit" what's that all about! LOL

sometimes people chew tobacco and spit all over the place causing nasty lokking stains...i guess the signs there to avoid that
Old 12-14-2006, 04:33 AM   #47
baliqsR1
blueR1

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasee69
nice pics. someone with a gsxr 1000 there would be the king lol. and that hotel is beautiful.

sum people do have heavy bikes there 1000cc+ i've seen busa's...but these people usually roll late at night when the roads are empty and they usually ride on interstate highways
Old 12-14-2006, 04:45 AM   #48
baliqsR1
blueR1

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
GSXR1000!!! You'd never get out of 1st gear!

All of the bikes here are GP shift. I drove a 150cc Suzuki down the block today. The shift pattern was N-3 down. The guy on the back kept telling me to slow down. I was thinking ... slow down? We're doing like 15mph. He told me that 40mph is about as fast as most of these guys have ever driven a bike.

Fun ride though. EVERYONE looks at you here so you really get attention on a bike. Fun ride. However, the front brake would go all the way to the handle - not quite the same feel as HH pads and steel brake lines!

Most of the bikes have GP shift but not all of em...some bikes are 5 speed too...most of the older ones are 4 speed...sum of them are N-4 up. I came across this strange bike called Royal Enfield(correct me if i'm worng) or sumthing...that bike has the shifter on ur right foot( which is usually ur rear brake padle) and the rear brake on ur left foot... thats the only one bike with this kinda setup..people who are not familiar with this bike usually end up wrecking it coz they shift instead of brake when it comes to stopping the bike:laughing6
Old 12-14-2006, 07:45 AM   #49
MadseasoN

I'm rich beotch! 5000 Rupees.

Actually .... it's only about $116.00

Stuff is cheap here though. A bottle of Coke is rs20. A full meal will run you about rs350 (at the hotel) and you get enough food to choke a horse. I hired a car [Toyota Corolla] WITH A DRIVER for $30 per day. And he waits outside the office in case I need to go anywhere. That's what I call service!

Speaking of service, the service here is excellent. I've had no less than two waiters at most restaurants. Unlike that beotch waitress at IHOP who you only see twice an hour! But I digress ....

Starting to get homesick though. I had to bust out the iPod today and listen to some music.

Next blog entry ........
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cash.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	3834  

Last edited by MadseasoN; 12-14-2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:20 AM   #50
speedismo
OCD for speed

Hey Dennis, good to c those pics. yup India is like that, u can c extreme poverty and extreme richness. btw, post up ur blog link when u r done. wanna c wat an outsider thinks and feels about India.and feel free to be brutally honest:icon_bigg

and if any of u guyz ever get to come to India and to bangalore, u r welcome to be my guest and stay at my place. In Indian culture, guests r supposed to be treated like . cant do THAT much, lol, but will make sure u at least hv a good time here! :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:21 AM   #51
speedismo
OCD for speed

and now, here i go answering some of ppl's questions:icon_bigg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Bandito
Cool pix Dennis... Any road coarses around there?
Yeah Henry, but VERY VERY FEW. 2, to be precise. both in southern India. one moviestar here who is a sportbiker and Yamaha model is talkin about seting up a new one in Bombay. thats bout it

Quote:
The food is awesome.
No beef in India though - that's one thing that I miss. I'll be hitting Papa's BBQ the day I come back!
see Gixeerbill, i told ya Indian food is gr8 and Dennis, you can get beef at some paces. Iwas at one such place yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr612
let see if this works

keep yours coming there is something more real about the pictures you shoot then those of these guys

not that I don't love these pictures too.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ght=hero+honda
that guy's name is Sunny. he is a professional photographer and biker. runs the Indian equivalent of motohouston, lets say (called xbhp.com). makes good money just from those forums. has one of the few sportbikes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by baliqsR1
I came across this strange bike called Royal Enfield(correct me if i'm worng) or sumthing...that bike has the shifter on ur right foot( which is usually ur rear brake padle) and the rear brake on ur left foot... thats the only one bike with this kinda setup..
I OWNED that "strange" bike for 7 years before i came to US . These days, they have started making royal enfields with shifter on left foot. but we old timers dont call them "real" royal enfields:icon_bigg

Quote:
Speaking of service, the service here is excellent. I've had no less than two waiters at most restaurants. Unlike that beotch waitress at IHOP who you only see twice an hour! But I digress ....
yups, the biggest difference between US and India. is that services here are MUCH cheaper than in US, but materials are MUCH costlier. demand and supply u c!

Old 12-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #52
MadseasoN

I had lunch at the LeMeridian today (the hotel that I should be at if it wasn't full!). Awesome hotel. That's where Brangelina Pitt was staying last month (that was a big deal here by the way)

I'm now at the Raddison in New Delhi. 2 Hour flight from Pune. This hotel is awesome! Early rise at 6AM for a 3 hour trip to Agra.

One negative ....
People here are very impatient. Imagine 30 people on a bus. The door opens and everyone tries to crowd out of one door at once. They actually shove and rub up against each other to race off the bus. Waiting in line and personal space don't mean t. You can be "in line" for 10 mins, the doors open, and here come the people cutting in front of you!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #53
MadseasoN

Typical middle class neighborhood in Pune.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MC.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	3846  
Old 12-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #54
MadseasoN

A market street (and common scene) in Mahalabeshwar. This is the place in the mountains where I took the pics of the waterfalls. There were strawberry farms at the top of the mountain.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HORSE.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	3847  
Old 12-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #55
baliqsR1
blueR1

Bike(s):

Quote:

One negative ....
People here are very impatient. Imagine 30 people on a bus. The door opens and everyone tries to crowd out of one door at once. They actually shove and rub up against each other to race off the bus. Waiting in line and personal space don't mean t. You can be "in line" for 10 mins, the doors open, and here come the people cutting in front of you!
:laughing6 that is soo true..
Old 12-18-2006, 01:58 AM   #56
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
One negative ....
yups. thats sad. There was one white couple on my flight when I landed here and I was feeling pretty bad seeing them right at the back becuase everybody else was jostling there way forward

My deduction is that that stems from having way too many ppl and much lesser resources. So everywhere, ppl learn to cut everybody out and get some for them. Pretty sad nonetheless.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:17 PM   #57
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
yups. thats sad. There was one white couple on my flight when I landed here and I was feeling pretty bad seeing them right at the back becuase everybody else was jostling there way forward

My deduction is that that stems from having way too many ppl and much lesser resources. So everywhere, ppl learn to cut everybody out and get some for them. Pretty sad nonetheless.
F#$^K that. By day two I was pushing my weight around. :icon_bigg

I'm home now. I left at 3AM on Sunday, flew for 24 hrs (with 3 hr stopover) and arrived at 3PM on SUNDAY! the time zones.

Can't wait to go back!
Old 12-18-2006, 07:19 PM   #58
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Glad to have ya back dennis, thanks for the pics
Old 12-19-2006, 02:17 AM   #59
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
F#$^K that. By day two I was pushing my weight around. :icon_bigg
then u r actually one of us, brother!:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Old 12-19-2006, 04:55 AM   #60
baliqsR1
blueR1

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
then u r actually one of us, brother!:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg
lol

Advertisement