MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006, 03:36 AM   #1
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Trackday Discussion

We have a picture thread, this is the letter thread =)

I had a great time, as always, Thank you to Buck, Motorcycles Unlimited and the John the tire guy.

Even though it was cold coooold cold in the morning, by the afternoon it wasn't so bad, and traction wasn't too terrible either.

Godsuki aka Mr. Miyagi worked with me every session to bump out some problems I'm still having with body positioning and general newbieness but things are starting to look a lot better. I even got to park my bike next to his so that some of it's coolness might seep over, this seemed to help more in the afternoon sessions.

There were some insanely fast people out there, like the guy on a bone-stock R6 that would pass me, in a curve, dragging a knee, and still have time to wave as he went around.

Lunch was great, Good meat, Good Soup, and sweet sweet sweet baby rays sauce

Good seeing everyone out there, we'll have to do it again some time =)
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let's have a smart discussion about.... hotcknstrips Off Topic 36 09-04-2009 08:34 AM
Discussion!!!!! JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 82 03-05-2009 01:14 PM
discussion 2 Azylum Off Topic 8 03-05-2009 10:59 AM
This is a little ridiculous.........discussion anyone? RoadracerNC Off Topic 53 12-17-2008 06:24 PM
my friend and i had a discussion Maverick Off Topic 16 11-01-2006 01:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold day!!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

It was a little chilly!
I was glad we weren't having to huddle around a heater to warm our hands when we got off the bike. It seemed like the exertion of riding took the chill off.
Great day and thanks to Buck and the vendors who showed to support us. I hope they did well enough to wanna come back next time.
I also wanna thank Alonso, Jason and the other folks who worked as control riders to help this day run smooth. And Burt did a great job as the snowman/ flag dude!
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #4
Brena23
Mothernugget

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

I had a blast! I just wish my legs didnt feel like they were going to give out after every step I took. I figured I should probably call it a day when my leg was shaking so bad it was hard to keep it on the peg! Thank you to everyone out there for being supportive and giving me pointers threw out the day! Yall are awesome! Cant wait until next time!

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #5
0oAndyo0
Trying togo fast again!

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Race bike forsale!
2006 GSXR Race bike SOLD!!!
2007 GSXR 750 SOLD!!!
2001 GSXR 600 SOLD!!!
2007 R1 SOLD!!!

i had fun when my bike got working at the middle of the day, man it was cold...
0oAndyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #6
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Wicked awesome day for sure!!!! Brena you did great, it was easy to see your progress from the first session to the last one you rode. Core strength and quads will always be sore if you're doing it right, so wear your soreness with pride, you were doing it right.
Marv wanted to say he was sorry to who ever he bumped, all he could remember was it was a silver bike. We looked for you in the paddock but he couldn't find the bike. He felt really bad and hope he didn't scare you. Speaking of scaring folks, hope nobody was offended by the holligan style 2 o'clock session. Larry, Steve, Marv, and I were getting it on like old times, and we all reflected that despite the great time we had we may have spooked a few folks. Our appologies to anyone who we may have spooked. It is a great testament to the level of riders we have that we could run at that pace in traffic. Everyone is holding thier line VERY well which allows the faster riders to find thier way around. Great job to everyone, only one crash, and I pretty much knew he was gonna do that when he showed up late.

I want to give props and a HUGE thank you to Alanso, Jason, and Derek for thier willingness to show up at every event and keep things going smoothly. You guys are the best I could have asked for and make the day easy and relaxed for everyone. I'm looking forward to working with you guys for the '07 schedule. Ya'll rock............................... Looking forward to Sunday. Good luck on those finals Derek!

There will not be an event 12/30. With the holidays, and so many other things going on, it's best to wait til January. Thankfully we live in Houston where we can ride year round with great traction. I am working on firming up the '07 schedule, and should have it posted up at the first of the year, as well as some new sign up procedures to help smooth some things out.
Looking forward to improving on the great set up we already have in place, and spreading the track love to all the MH membership.Thanks to everyone for a spectacular day, already lookng forward to the next one.

And fianlly, thanks to KawiJM for the Bridgestone tire test. I was very suprised with the feel and feed back with zero geometry change to the bike from the Michelins. For my first day on them I felt great, and was able to run pretty close to Marv and Hendricks on thier 1k's. If only the 'Stones added a few dozen HP I'd be sold!! I'll keep ya'll posted on the wear status compared to the PR's. Initial impression is good.................Thanks John, see you and Brandon Sunday too I hope.

Last edited by Buck Beasley; 12-10-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #7
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

and so I'm sad to say the years end is here...oh well, good thing 2007 is right around the corner :icon_bigg

What an awesome day, big thanks to all who made it out yesterday. I can honestly say I love my job, nothing brings me more satisfaction than seeing someone lower their laps times, perfecting their body position or simply
enjoying a day at the track with freinds, I live for this!!!

Thank you Motorcycles Unlimited and South Central Race Center(kawi jm) for providing track support and your wealth of knowledge.

Kudos to Buck for providing an atmosphere that is conducive to having fun :notworthy without you, none of this is possible. I've met some really great people this year and have been reunited with some old freinds. I truely enjoy the company that I keep.

Thank you Motohouston.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #8
Roman

Bike(s):
2005 gsxr-1000, 2003 gsxr-1000

Send a message via AIM to Roman
it was a great day

Buck the guy that got bumped was my friend Dan in a silver kawi

he is fine he was surpised but didnt bother him
Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #9
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

First off let me say thanks to Buck for putting this all together. It looked like everyone was enjoying themselves. I met some great people & also seen some I knew as well. Always a pleasure to see some of my CMRA brothers.
It looked like everyone got some great track time. Maybe next time I will have to sample said track. The SV was running a little rough, but I got it worked out.

Buck I'm glad your happy with the 002's. I'll give you a call on Tues about Sunday.

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #10
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Buck your awesome!:notworthy Great time as usual! The mini sprints were definitely awsome. Thanks millions and your crew as well. I did finally start to get more comfortable with the the ride. Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:47 PM   #11
Swift E

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Buck, You're the man, thanks for putting this one togther :icon_Thum

John the 002's ROCK! Thanks

Patrick / Brandon / Motorcycles Unlimited Crew - Once again you guys are there to help. Thanks
BTW... Brandon, is F A S T
How about some tips
Old 12-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #12
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

I had an awesome time as well. It was great getting back out there after last months lowside and being able to rebuild the confidence. And Buck, I put in 6 quarts of oil just for you incase I wrecked again, I wanted to do an even better job at slicking up the track but, I managed to keep it on two wheels this time! Maybe next time?

See you guys next month!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #13
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

I had a great time. It was nice meeting everybody.
Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #14
Swift E

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

^ It was a pleasure to meet you as well.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:23 PM   #15
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Sorry I didn't make my way around to meet more of you, but it was nice meeting Chris (solracer), Rick (Rick HIC) and Mulatto... good seeing some old faces as well. Only did 4 trackdays this year, but next year I plan to be out more often so I'm sure we'll meet up in the future!

Maybe this year I'll upgrade to something other than BT014s and stock fork internals... :laughing6
Old 12-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #16
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Sorry I didn't make my way around to meet more of you, but it was nice meeting Chris (solracer), Rick (Rick HIC) and Mulatto... good seeing some old faces as well. Only did 4 trackdays this year, but next year I plan to be out more often so I'm sure we'll meet up in the future!

Maybe this year I'll upgrade to something other than BT014s and stock fork internals... :laughing6
Kewl
Old 12-10-2006, 11:30 PM   #17
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Well it was a little cool for my taste and I honestly never felt comfortable yesterday...........but I had good day as always, good people around make all the difference. MAybe one day..............I'll even drag a knee
Old 12-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #18
Riddler
LONGHORNMOTORCYCLESCHOOL

Bike(s):
YOUR MOM
YOUR SISTER

Buck this year was excellent!!!!!You are the man:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy ! I am sorry to see it go. But there is a new and better one coming up.I am always ready and willing to help with the trackdays. Tack,wife,job. Thats the order.....Oh !! :BangHead: She's looking over my shoulder..........Correction--WIFE,track,job! Anyway I'm really looking forward to next year. And maybe with my new bike I might be able to keep up with some of the faster folks better than on my old VFR and do a better job of "control rider".
But anyway yesterday was great. See ya sunday.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:48 PM   #19
Riddler
LONGHORNMOTORCYCLESCHOOL

Bike(s):
YOUR MOM
YOUR SISTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
I'll even drag a knee
Switch ya knee pucks!!! Then you can pose at PP1 or something .

Can't blame ya for being skittish on a cold track with a pasta rocket...I would be too!

You did look pretty good in the corners though...
Come back out in early spring 75ish weather..I'll help you get your knee down.
Maybe put you on the VFR--she'll help you out..Just like a lazyboy--really comfy
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:54 PM   #20
BrutusTx

Member Garage

I didn't even bring the pucks yesterday.........but I will be back out there next year. MAybe one day I'll be able to keep you in sight!!!!!

Advertisement