MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #41
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

The 1992 Honda NR 750
hondanr1

Is it just me or does this look like Jay Leno's turbine bike only in red?

J/K I remember that pos, wasn't this the one with oval pistons?
If you look at a few details it's hard to believe this thing was top o the line in it's day. Doesn't even have slotted front rotors.
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any OEM warranty from tire manufacturers? SideVinder650 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 10-28-2014 12:58 PM
so whay kinda weird enforcement rule is this RACER X Forum Updates & Feedback 25 12-18-2008 08:38 AM
Why are american car manufacturers still doing this? Redux The Circus 37 10-27-2008 11:00 PM
Mother of All Bombshells: Manufacturers Considering Rival Series jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 19 06-30-2008 09:54 AM
one more vid. TWISTED METAL Off Topic 7 06-25-2006 04:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2006, 11:27 PM   #42
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
Honda tried building a few bikes in the past to compete with the Italians. No one was willing to pay that kinda cash for a bike. Maybe times have changed, but no one's willing to take the risk again...

The 1992 Honda NR 750

course, it didn't help that it was a piece of junk.

'compete with the Italians' In what way? It never raced on the track IIRC, and was like 60-80k? This is 1992 when a CBR600F2 = 5495.

POS? No. If so, how? Over-priced? heck yes.

It did set some records though.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #43
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I think Jaime and a few others probably have the perspective on things;
Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia, BMW, et al, do what they do best; build semi exclusive high performance motorcycles with a certain amount of an undefinable ingredient let's call "character".

The Japanese build "cookie cutter" bikes that perform extremely well if not better than most of the European mfrs., but long run short are thought of as "disposable"., constantly being displaced by next years latest / greatest model.

Whichever you choose, we are living in phenomonal times to be a motorcyclist, in terms of the bikes available to us!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:25 AM   #44
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
I think we have all forgot about Dan Fischer?
The new Fischer motorcycle? It has a laundry list of options that would make any Ducati or Aprilia proud.
MRX Upgrades and Options
Click to orderOption
PriceAvailabilityFischer motorcycle, mrx650a $7999yesBrembo four piston/four pad front brake calipers with high performance master cylinder
$699yesMicron race or street dual-outlet exhaust. Not too loud, but a nice, deep growl.
$499yesCarbon fiber body panels. 6 pieces plus hardware upgrade. Includes upper and lower front fairings, flame red clear coat paint with "see-through" carbon accent panels, and carbon rear diffusers with clear coat.
$999yesCarbon fiber body panels. 6 pieces plus hardware upgrade. Includes upper and lower front fairings,hot rod yellow clear coat paint with "see-through" carbon accent panels, and carbon rear diffusers with clear coat.
$999yesHand laid carbon fiber rear diffusers. Only 7 oz. with clear coat.$149yesUltra light weight cast alloy wheels, 5.5 inch rear, 4.0 inch front; Brembo floating front brake rotors, four-piston front calipers and wide, 180 series Bridgestone Z-rated rear tire. $1999yesGP front end, includes Ohlins Superbike front forks, ultra-light cast wheels, and complete Brembo radial mount front brake package. Includes necessary spacers and hardware, installed if purchased with MRX.
$4999yesTinted windscreen
$149yesCarbon "Hugger" rear fender, includes mounting hardware. Your MRX is ready to use this option with no modifications.$129January, 2007Chrome and Billet Accent Kit. Includes chromed styling strips and chromed nose cap with billet aluminum Fischer logo
$119yesPassenger kit, includes seat, footpegs, additional heat shield, and comes with all brackets and hardware. Your MRX is ready to use this option with no modifications.$299March, 2007Race-style belly pan$199January, 2007Daytona radiator ducts, direct fresh air to the radiator for maximum cooling (recommended race applications with increased displacement)$399February, 2007US Freight (The Fischer MRX comes crated with some set-up required)$399 TOTAL

Copyright 2006 Fischer Motor Company. All rights reserved.
Revised: 11/17/06

Thats a designer boutique motorcycle that would wow anyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fischermrx.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	3775  
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "

Last edited by jrock; 12-09-2006 at 06:27 AM.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:42 AM   #45
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
You won't see the bikes doing anything different than they already are until the euro market begins to take a bigger chunk of the total market sales.

There are a lot of people spending a lot of money,and for now, the Japanese seem to be happy with the distribution, in a time when everyone is saying 'save save save' they are still seeing astronomical amounts of sales for a product that is lightly termed 'luxary' at best. If you started seeing an increase in the number of Ducati's Triumphs Aprillas and whatever else on the road, then you can be sure Japan would step back and re-evaluate what is making the other bikes sell more than their own. In the mean time, they created a forumula, stuck with it, and are enjoying world-renowned success with it.

Plus you have to look at it like this, besides track people, who really pays attention to stuff like the brand of suspension.. heck, how many of you that only ride street have ever even had your suspension checked? I know I didn't until I got out on the track, and even then, I haven't reached the limit of my stock setups ability to perform, so why would I want to spend unnecesary dollars up front for something that I am unable to utilize?

Besides, what if they made them 'too good' I mean, you saw what happened with the busa's.. they come out with 'the fastest' and bam, now everyone gets a 186mph governer.. what if one handles too good stock? They might install bumpers to make you more unsteady in a turn.. who knows :P

I just don't think the market is there, for the few people who do want stuff like this, you can contact OCC, Motorcycles Unlimited, or whoever and have your bike taken straight to them to be built as you please.. plus you get the satisfaction supporting your local shops and getting their support in return. Remember, Honda doesn't have representatives trackside should you eff something up or need help.... But Patrick does
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!

Last edited by Ramius; 12-09-2006 at 01:44 AM.
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:45 AM   #46
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
'compete with the Italians' In what way? It never raced on the track IIRC, and was like 60-80k? This is 1992 when a CBR600F2 = 5495.

POS? No. If so, how? Over-priced? heck yes.

It did set some records though.

i think it was closer to 30k, but i could be wrong. there is one for sale right now tho on bike biz.com for 75k tho. it was a POS because even with all the amazing technology on the bike (for it's day at least) it still underperformed every other 750 on the market. it handled like , and was way under powered. i never got the chance to ride one, but this was the opinion of all those who did. everyone saw it as more of a trophy piece than a bike you ride.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:16 AM   #47
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR
You do know that is a Toyota company right?
omg are you serious? what about lexus?

/sarcasm

jk buddy

Advertisement