MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #21
CUZ
Wheelie Man

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
09 ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
I would sue the out of that tree!
LOL!! that tree came out from nowhere

Take That Dive
CUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst road debris you've hit or almost hit? darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 03-27-2013 02:32 PM
Donations needed for a Fallen Rider and a Fallen Officer. PoPoRiderRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 09-23-2010 11:13 AM
Motorcyclist dies after being hit by hit-and-run driver Jay General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 09-04-2007 11:28 AM
if you were a tree what kind of tree would you be??? R6MILF Off Topic 31 05-09-2006 04:22 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #22
yumbeef
beef eater

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
08 ninja 250r
06 cbr600rr

. totaled truck probbaly cheaper than medical bills if you hit the tree while riding (assuming you lived). i'm at around ~$2000 for a broken thumb+therapy from a bike wreck.

good luck with your truck situation
yumbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #23
blaknwite

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
KTM SuperDuke
SV650 Track
Shuttleworth 500
Ninja 250
Aprilia SR50 DiTech

[QUOTE=Grimace;3157072]That "act of " is just that. When the did insurance companies become so religious

He had liabilty inurance only FFS. and his relationship with the insurance company has nothing to do with this.
Now, if the tree sues the truck driver then he's covered.
blaknwite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #24
Grimace

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
That "act of " is just that. When the did insurance companies become so religious

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
If you only pay for liability coverage, you only get liability coverage.

To the OP, sorry about your bad luck, or maybe it's good luck since you weren't hurt.
Quote:
I get that, but I was referring to the concept itself. It is a complete cop out so they don't have to pay.
We all caught up now...
Old 02-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #25
2_slow_5.0

Thats crazy man sorry to hear about the truck and glad that is the only damage. You should still be able to get some money for it or if you have the time parting it out typically will bring more money.
2_slow_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:27 AM   #26
yeraboof
( . v . )

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'06 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss View Post
Comprehensive might cover it.
I learned the hard way that comprehensive won't cover that. If it was just laying there, that would be collision. The tree would have to be in the process of falling for comprehensive to kick in.

And to the OP, sorry for your loss man... looks like a nice truck.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #27
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
That "act of " is just that. When the did insurance companies become so religious
That BLOWWWWS
They were never really "religious", just that when these stipulations were written, 's prescence was a widespread belief vs what it is now.
It is we the people that have become "unreligious" and we now view such phrases with a cynical eye and contemptuous mind.

Quote:
I get that, but I was referring to the concept itself. It is a complete cop out so they don't have to pay.
Even the best insurance must have it's limits of liability.
There is not one single policy out there that will cover EVERYTHING.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #28
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Grimace, your a moron. Insurance is just that. If you don't buy that option ,your not covered for it. Pretty simple concept
Old 02-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #29
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
The "act of " was in reference to the city, county, or state having to pay. I doubt anyone had liability insurance on the tree
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #30
Lucar

Member Garage

That's why I have full coverage on all my
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #31
Joshua42007

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

that's up man, glad you weren't hurt. Hope everything works out for you. I would do my best and maybe ask a lawyer.

A buddy of mine wrecked his cts in sugar land, there was a load of mud in the road. The city ended up paying for the repair of his car because of the condition of the road.

Last edited by Joshua42007; 02-12-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #32
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

the city doesn' have to pay for it anyway, so yer screwed dood

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #33
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

How big was this tree? Holy that's a lot of damage
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #34
sharkbait
i am delicious

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000RR

lol stop being dicks to grimace, he was just making a snarky comment on the wording of 'acts of '

i found this, it might give the OP some background info:
http://www.treeworld.info/f29/fallen...--1381.html

this is the reason i will never have only liability on my nice things. i swerved away from some 'road hazards' (teens running across the road) about 3 weeks ago when it was raining, and i hydroplaned across west road and wrapped my truck around a tree going like 40. blew the air bag and everything, and my weight bent the seat belt thing next to your hip like a good 40 degrees. i'm only about 155. i was going to change my insurance to liability as soon as it was paid off so i could save some money, but luckily it had about $6k left on it and i still had comprehensive. liability, unless im driving an 88' $2000 POS honda, im never even going to consider liability again
sharkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #35
paniro187

that's a nice truck why in the didn't you have insurance on it???

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #36
Tiller

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

Looks repairable to me.
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #37
Vegas Kid

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

If a tree falls and you hit it but nobody is around...does it make a sound?
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:51 AM   #38
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

99 zx9

thats bullshit i would sue the pants off , he knew some piece of ford would be coming down that road. they say he is all knowing... so there you go
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #39
Grimace

Quote:

That BLOWWWWS
Quote:
[quote=blaknwite;3157225]
Quote:

He had liabilty inurance only FFS. and his relationship with the insurance company has nothing to do with this.
Now, if the tree sues the truck driver then he's covered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
They were never really "religious", just that when these stipulations were written, 's prescence was a widespread belief vs what it is now.
It is we the people that have become "unreligious" and we now view such phrases with a cynical eye and contemptuous mind.

Even the best insurance must have it's limits of liability.
There is not one single policy out there that will cover EVERYTHING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
Grimace, your a moron. Insurance is just that. If you don't buy that option ,your not covered for it. Pretty simple concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
The "act of " was in reference to the city, county, or state having to pay. I doubt anyone had liability insurance on the tree
What part of "I get that, but I was referring to the concept itself." was unclear to you knuckle heads... You can't have a policy that does not have stipulations on what they will or not be paying for. Using an act of as a reason to refuse to pay for damages in any situation, other than him ACTUALLY showing up and destroying something in person... If they don't want to pay for a specific damage, then they specify it in the constract. Hitting a tree in the middle of the road obviously won't be covered with liability insurance, and doesn't have anything to do with it. I know well I've heard people talk about the the act of thing involving insurance before, and I think it's moronic, even if every single time I heard it was just talk. Frankly I found the idea too dumb to even verify if it had ever really happened in fact or was just BS.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #40
Grimace

Quote:
Acts of - Insurance Liability
The first time you read or heard of the “acts of ” loophole found in most insurance policies, you probably either had a good chuckle, imagining some very unlikely scenario, and moved on assuming that the clause would never really apply to you, or you may have become very worried by the thought that anything could be construed as an act of . As elusive as the phrase sounds, there are some basic elements in determining whether or not an event truly qualifies as an act of .

Definitions of an “act of ” vary, but all refer to natural disasters or extreme weather events such as lightening, tornados, hurricanes, or earthquakes. No one can be held responsible for an actual act of , but if the resulting damage or injury was foreseeable and/or preventable by normal care then there is a responsible party involved. In most cases, where the defendant or insurance company claims that an accident or injury is the result of an act of , other circumstances apply which place the responsibility on a person.

Trees
Injuries caused by falling trees, usually as the result of a weather event such as high winds or snow, are often defended as acts of . While trees are normally considered an asset, they can cause serious damage and are a serious responsibility. Tree owners are responsible for maintaining the condition of their trees. A tree that is unhealthy or improperly cared for can quickly become a hazard. An extreme weather event will cause the inevitable to happen, but the responsibility lies on the party who allowed the tree to fall into a dangerous state to begin with.

Construction
Poor construction is often undetectable until a normal or extreme weather event causes it to fail. Responsibility in such a case depends on the severity of the event, the foreseeability of the event, and the quality of the underlying structure. In locations where severe natural events are known to happen or be likely, the normal standard of care is greater. For instance, in areas where tornadoes, hurricanes, or earthquakes are common, buildings must be constructed to reasonably withstand such events. Some catastrophes are so extreme that no building could withstand the event, but in cases of inadequate construction, a natural disaster or extreme weather event does not constitute an “act of ” defense. More often, this is an issue with normal storms which cause disproportional damage or injuries.

Other Negligence
Improper maintenance of all kinds can turn and act of into a preventable accident. Airplane crashes, rocks falling on highways, collapsing bridges, and even capsizing boats, among many other things have been unsuccessfully defended as acts of . Negligence can come in the form of failing to heed knowledge of a danger in other ways, as well. For instance, a tour guide in Arizona was held responsible for leading a group of tourists to their death in a flash flood. Because the guide had been informed that the area was prone to flash floods at that time of year, it was not simply an act of , but a preventable risk.

If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an incident that the defendant or insurance company claims is an act of do not take this defense on face value. An act of may very well have contributed to the event, but you must look deeper to determine whether human negligence allowed the act of to cause the injury or death.

If you or a loved on has been injured in a natural disaster or weather event, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer today.
http://www.the-injury-lawyer-directo...ticle_god.html

Advertisement