MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBusa View Post
looks like im going to need your lawyers #
PM Me for his info.. one of 6 capital murder lawyers in H town..
Just let someone know Bart and I am sure someone will help out..
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WHAK VIDEO SHORT VIDEO ENJOY mkgsxr Events, Meets and Rides 26 01-08-2012 02:54 PM
New Video Jordo636 Stunters Lounge 13 07-24-2009 10:13 AM
Stunt Video: Team Outermost 13mins stunt video.... StarC General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 07-08-2005 01:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #22
Bart
Thread killer

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

I was really hoping to keep everything on the DL until after the case was over, but I ... um, can't.

It was the day before thanksgiving, I'm on the way to work. Traffic in Katy is moving about 75, slightly faster than normal, beautifully staggered. The far left lane opens up, so I take it. I pass cars one at a time, then there's a nice long empty gap.

Aways ahead is two pickups in the right lane. I'm riding in this gap, but closing in on the trucks; we get to Brookshire and the road merges to two lanes. When I'm about 10 carlengths back the white p/up in the back changes lanes to the left, speeds up, then taps the brake and drives right beside the other one it had just been behind.

I ride a "slow donut" behind this white truck; 2-second following while hugging the far left of the lane, drop back, shift to right side of the lane, pick back up to a 2-second distance, lather-rinse-repeat. Speed limit is now 70, they're going just over 60. Signs are clearly posted "Slower traffic keep right".

Interjection -- this appeared to be intentional, and raised a red flag that I'm dealing with an aggressive driver. As many of us may well know, some folks just flat don't like bikes. I'm watching to make sure that he doesn't hit the brakes, or swerve at me should I get beside him. --

I'm behind these guys for miles, and the traffic from Katy is just about to catch up. Since they'd been at 75 in a 65, I don't know if they're cool holding at 75 or wanting to "keep it" at 10 over, hence 80. If they catch up to us going just over 60 they're going to be agitated, wanting to go 15-20 miles an hour faster - meaning they'll clump up, tailgate, and possibly weave to see where the holdup is. All it would take is a piece of debris to suddenly appear underneath the guy in front of me, and I'd be having asphalt for breakfast - and then get run over. When they catch up I wouldn't be able to leave a safe distance, because if I leave that much space someone will just move into it. And, thank you much, I just flat don't care to cruise at 10 under on my way to work just to keep someone agressive cager happy.

My only option is to pass on the shoulder, and I don't want to get shoved into the concrete wall when doing so. Most of the shoulder along that stretch is really not usable for this. Some stretches aren't wide enough; most of the distance has reflector bumps (them thangs'll mess ya up!). The shoulder has lots of debris, and frequently an accumulation of sand, dust, dirt, gravel etc especially trapped up next to the concrete wall.

So, I finally make the pass. I'm probably at about 70 when I do; after passing I check the mirror and this ####### in the truck has sped up and is changing lanes in front of the guy he'd been holding beside for however many miles. I assume he's *definately* aggressive, hacked about being passed, and giving chase. So, I bolt. I get to another clump (probably about 1/2 mile ahead), slalom the back 3-4 cages, and check to see if this guy's catching up which he didn't seem to be.

This clump that I'm now in is going 70 on the dot. I'm 2-3 miles from a weigh station, meaning several things. There's going to be big trucks, probably changing lanes and slowing down. Plus it's at the Austin County line, and the weigh station's where State Troopers and Sheriffs can be reliably found - and traffic will again slow down/clump up when there's 5-0 visible. So, I'm stuck in this clump and o.k. with it.

I exit Hwy 90 (exit 721 - take note); I get less than a mile down the road. I slow down for another bike turning right; there's a Sealy Police SUV on a neighborhood street to the left - no biggie. He's got a low-profile light bar, where it's hard to see the red 'n blue from the side (my angle); as I get closer it appears they're on so I pull to the side and stop. Lo-n-behold he pulls around to block me and gets out.

First thing he asks is "do you remember passing my partner on the shoulder?". Holy feces, there's that white truck right behind me. Mr White-truck is off-duty Bellville PD; Sealy cop writes a ticket whereupon Bellville cop will be the one to appear in court as the "affiant" (witness against me). I hired a lawyer (*ahem* should be a familiar name to MH people). The initial court date has occured already. In the Bellville guy's statement, he claims that I passed him at mile marker 722 - only one mile before my exit, it's AFTER the weigh station - and, no coincidence, just inside the Sealy City limits and hence the jurisdiction of the Sealy Municipal Court.

This is a lie; yes I passed, yes I sped, and I was back to 100% legal well ahead of the City limits or even before entering the county.

What I want to be able to present to the jury/court is that the shoulder is only usable for passing in a few limited areas, none of which are in the area where I'm accused of doing so. While the "road view" from Google Maps is better than nothing, I'd need a ringbinder full of screen shots which would be far too complicated of a process for this BS case.

Anyway this video would have to be shot on a weekend since I'm at work otherwise (no, you're not getting my home address so you can follow me to work, sorry kids). It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I have to go in to work, so it'll have to be next weekend; trial date is middle of that week so Sat/Sun 2/11 - 2/12 will have to be it.

Thx for all the response... never thought anyone would even consider giving me a starring role in an infamous "Riding with Renzo" production
- See y'all next weekend
Old 02-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #23
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Good luck with all of that. Don't pass an off duty cop on the shoulder. It is illegal. Sorry for your loss.
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:08 AM   #24
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

You can beat that case! What do these off duty cops not get about "off duty"??
Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #25
Bart
Thread killer

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

I'm less concerned about one's profession; what is it about SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT that people seem to just not get?

Advertisement