MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #61
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
how old am i? well, apparently too young for motorcycle financing!!! Insufficient credit history??!!!! WTF?!!:mumum: Im sick of this BS, why wont anyone finance me?!

pm sent.. no not leghumping.. i can probably help you.
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline  
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2006, 03:26 PM   #62
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?
 
ikp460.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,679


Bike(s):
pHiDDy









Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
buy me a bike and you can be cool too!

noone is going to buy your worthless annoying a bike. your stuck in that ragged out piece of you call a car
ikp460. is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #63
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?
 
ikp460.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,679


Bike(s):
pHiDDy









Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
heyyyy...you cant hold that against me! YOU said you were a leghumper, i only asked if that was the reason you PMed me!!

lmao if anything your a leghumper for anyone that will let you ride on their bike
ikp460. is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #64
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ikp460.
lmao if anything your a leghumper for anyone that will let you ride on their bike
ouch.....
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 03:36 PM   #65
nihaikitty
Squidette
 
nihaikitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,681

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650








Quote:
Originally Posted by ikp460.
lmao if anything your a leghumper for anyone that will let you ride on their bike
and i was actually going to bake you cookies for christmas! nvm!!
nihaikitty is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #66
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money
 
cashtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hunt, TX HWY 39
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,955

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E









Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
how old am i? well, apparently too young for motorcycle financing!!! Insufficient credit history??!!!! WTF?!!:mumum: Im sick of this BS, why wont anyone finance me?!

Co-signer? Secured loan? If you've got somebody to co-sign you're pretty much guaranteed financing. If you've had a checking account at the same bank for a certain period of time you can apply there for small personal loans with less restriction.
or, if you've had a checking account at the same bank for a certain period of time you can rob there for small personal loans....
cashtown is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #67
nihaikitty
Squidette
 
nihaikitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,681

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650








Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown
Co-signer? Secured loan? If you've got somebody to co-sign you're pretty much guaranteed financing. If you've had a checking account at the same bank for a certain period of time you can apply there for small personal loans with less restriction.
or, if you've had a checking account at the same bank for a certain period of time you can rob there for small personal loans....
on cosigners: all my friends are either in the same hole as me or have horrible credit, my dad is a TOTAL hardass who wont even loan me money for school so he's out of the question, and my mom has awful credit

on loans: im 19. the only loan i was able to get was a stafford student loan from the government; almost every bank known to the modern world has turned me down for a small personal loan and im scared to apply for any more because i know it looks bad on my credit. my own bank just issued me a credit card for $500 last month....do you think its too early to apply for a small (like $1000) loan from them?
nihaikitty is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #68
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?
 
ikp460.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,679


Bike(s):
pHiDDy









Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
on cosigners: all my friends are either in the same hole as me or have horrible credit, my dad is a TOTAL hardass who wont even loan me money for school so he's out of the question, and my mom has awful credit

on loans: im 19. the only loan i was able to get was a stafford student loan from the government; almost every bank known to the modern world has turned me down for a small personal loan and im scared to apply for any more because i know it looks bad on my credit. my own bank just issued me a credit card for $500 last month....do you think its too early to apply for a small (like $1000) loan from them?

secured loans (ie. a bike ,car etc ) are easier to get that personnal loan because they are secured by property. saying that motorcycle loans are harder to get than most exspecially you being young and no credit history . you need to build a relationship with a bank , credit unions work better and they will step out on a limb to help with a loan. other than that get a co-signer. or save pennies....
ikp460. is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:11 PM   #69
nihaikitty
Squidette
 
nihaikitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,681

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650








Quote:
Originally Posted by ikp460.
secured loans (ie. a bike ,car etc ) are easier to get that personnal loan because they are secured by property. saying that motorcycle loans are harder to get than most exspecially you being young and no credit history . you need to build a relationship with a bank , credit unions work better and they will step out on a limb to help with a loan. other than that get a co-signer. or save pennies....
do you know of a good company i can get a secured loan from?
nihaikitty is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:14 PM   #70
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money
 
cashtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hunt, TX HWY 39
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,955

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E









Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
on cosigners: all my friends are either in the same hole as me or have horrible credit, my dad is a TOTAL hardass who wont even loan me money for school so he's out of the question, and my mom has awful credit

on loans: im 19. the only loan i was able to get was a stafford student loan from the government; almost every bank known to the modern world has turned me down for a small personal loan and im scared to apply for any more because i know it looks bad on my credit. my own bank just issued me a credit card for $500 last month....do you think its too early to apply for a small (like $1000) loan from them?
I'm no financial advisor but I'd say that at 19 and with no history of credit you'll have a hard time getting a loan for the 3-5K that you prob. want to spend on a bike. I'd urge you to stay out of debt but if you can find a credit card with a 1 yr. interest free offer that'll work. But you'll want to pay it down substantially before interest starts to accrue or you could end up fooked.
cashtown is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #71
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money
 
cashtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hunt, TX HWY 39
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,955

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E









Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
do you know of a good company i can get a secured loan from?
secured loan is when someone co-signs and guarantees that the loan will be repaid should you default. This is a tough one to get, because if you want a $10k loan, you have to have someone prove that they have 10,000 to back it up on the spot should you fail to pay. A normal co-signer would only assume the debt.
cashtown is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #72
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?
 
ikp460.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,679


Bike(s):
pHiDDy









Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
do you know of a good company i can get a secured loan from?

i use eloan or my credit union
ikp460. is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #73
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Here you go Marlena:

http://www.capitalone.com/personallo...ME_H1_06_G_PL1

Check it out, not the best rates but with insufficient credit history, may be your best bet. Always check the rates against the current standing rates for extreme differences.
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #74
nihaikitty
Squidette
 
nihaikitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,681

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650








Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA
Here you go Marlena:

http://www.capitalone.com/personallo...ME_H1_06_G_PL1

Check it out, not the best rates but with insufficient credit history, may be your best bet. Always check the rates against the current standing rates for extreme differences.
checking it out now!
nihaikitty is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #75
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
checking it out now!
Fasho. Used to do these loans for younger folks at the bank all the time. Works great if you are the type to "over-pay" your loans...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #76
nihaikitty
Squidette
 
nihaikitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,681

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650








Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA
Fasho. Used to do these loans for younger folks at the bank all the time. Works great if you are the type to "over-pay" your loans...
i read the FAQ and it says i need good credit:BangHead: ....what does "over-pay"ing a loan mean?
nihaikitty is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #77
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money
 
cashtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hunt, TX HWY 39
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,955

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E









Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
i read the FAQ and it says i need good credit:BangHead: ....what does "over-pay"ing a loan mean?
Pay more than the minimum due every month. If you apply early payments to the loan principle it will reduce the overall interest that is calculated every month, thereby reducing the overall amount to be repayed.
cashtown is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #78
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
i read the FAQ and it says i need good credit:BangHead: ....what does "over-pay"ing a loan mean?
It says that but you never know until you apply. It just means good credit "standing". Now as for "over-paying": Let's say your monthly bill is $100 and instead of paying the $100, you pay $250...you are "over-paying". Some loans issue penalties and some don't, never do a loan where there is a penalty for over paying if the loan is over $1k...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #79
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown
Pay more than the minimum due every month. If you apply early payments to the loan principle it will reduce the overall interest that is calculated every month, thereby reducing the overall amount to be repayed.
yea...what he said...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:44 PM   #80
nihaikitty
Squidette
 
nihaikitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,681

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650








Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown
Pay more than the minimum due every month. If you apply early payments to the loan principle it will reduce the overall interest that is calculated every month, thereby reducing the overall amount to be repayed.
makes sense, i probably would do that anyways. i like being a little ahead on the bills.

do ya'll really think i can get a loan from them? i'll have to check it out. can i do it online or should i go to a location...because i dont know if nacogdoches has a capital one and i wouldnt have time while im in houston because i work double shifts during the day.
nihaikitty is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy