Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #41
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

I think Rea will do good this year. He's back to full health and Ten Kate should have the ride by wire sorted for this year. They were experimenting with it at the end of the season which was the reason for his DNFs.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP testing 11, Sepang Grinchy Taking it to the Track 24 02-25-2011 08:44 AM
2009 MotoGP Testing in Sepang Mr Richards Taking it to the Track 4 02-19-2009 12:44 PM
MotoGP Testing Sepang Day 1 Grinchy Taking it to the Track 33 01-28-2008 03:15 PM
MotoGP Testing - Sepang - Day 2 ArturoC Taking it to the Track 19 11-17-2007 04:00 PM
sepang SPOILERS thread SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 24 09-12-2006 11:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #42
agg2001
Agg Racing

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (track)

Send a message via AIM to agg2001 Send a message via MSN to agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to agg2001
fly-by-wire systems are old news... he better have had it sorted in 2010. oh well.. i hope he does well...

i'm SOOO pumped for WSBK.

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
agg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #43
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
I think Rea will do good this year. He's back to full health and Ten Kate should have the ride by wire sorted for this year. They were experimenting with it at the end of the season which was the reason for his DNFs.
I think having a new bike will help, that old heap was 3 or 4 years old
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #44
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by agg2001 View Post
WSS > moto2 > WSBK > motoGP

Not sure where the other series fit in there - haven't watched an entire season of BSB yet to make that call.
Moto2 had some great ones, Argon, Bruno. I skipped out on WSS/SBK last year, but this year looks like more to be happening there.

For BSB, Im not a fan of countdowns on principle, but the BSB countdown from last year was awesome. Hopkins donington double on Sept 11 was great. He was on a role unitl his bike got a virus in the second race of the final ronund. He is well liked everywhere but it was a bit susspisous to me... Mabye someone got him with a homemade EMP wepon. He made a great ride from last place throught the pack to set up the last race to a winner take all that has been seen so many times over... I'm waiting for Isuperbiker 2 to go online, getting good reviews.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #45
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Moto2 had some great ones, Argon, Bruno. I skipped out on WSS/SBK last year, but this year looks like more to be happening there.

For BSB, Im not a fan of countdowns on principle, but the BSB countdown from last year was awesome. Hopkins donington double on Sept 11 was great. He was on a role unitl his bike got a virus in the second race of the final ronund. He is well liked everywhere but it was a bit susspisous to me... Mabye someone got him with a homemade EMP wepon. He made a great ride from last place throught the pack to set up the last race to a winner take all that has been seen so many times over... I'm waiting for Isuperbiker 2 to go online, getting good reviews.
couldn't agree more
Old 02-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #46
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by agg2001 View Post
fly-by-wire systems are old news... he better have had it sorted in 2010. oh well.. i hope he does well...

i'm SOOO pumped for WSBK.
It's old news except for Honda. Since it wasn't on the production bike they couldn't incorporate it into the race bike. When Rea came back from his injury, they went ahead testing systems. That's why he would be going strong and then DNF with mechanical issues.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #47
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
still no sign
I was just chilling waiting for the same as last year trash talk. Also letting my STONER tatoo heal.

Did i hear stona got the fastet lap ever on a motorcycle at sepang? Where is the cool aid?
Stoner was running softer tires - They all got the same 2 diff compounds
Stoner has the best bike - Correct that is why he had the most poles, fast laps and wins in the 800 era and Rossis 9 WC where in the crapiest bike in the field LOL
Stoner can't ride without electronics - Correct that is why the dr. flossi asked to double the dosage to see if he can ride better
Stoner doesn't like to dice it, he just takes off - He should wait for them
Stoner only puts a handfull of laps and jlo puts a lot consistent laps - Stona only needs 2 laps to know what's wrong with the bike
And the list goes on------

The truth truth is, just sit down and enjoy the ride, i wish they put a go pro camera on stoner like James stewart but backwards so we can see the field for the first few laps lol. BTW GO RV!!!!!

Get ready to be demolished again YPBss!!!!!! (Yellow Pantie Brigade) Let the predictions begin
And remember, my last year prediction was 12+ poles and 10+ wins for dingo, No wins for Uccio, and my first test prediction was dingo-jlo-asimo-muffin spies, i will give you guys my predictions soon

YPBs - I will see you guys during the races -
YPBs memebers - James, Arturo, Grinchy, Henry
But please, this year don't wear your UCCIO red and yellow panties and start playing pillow fights.

FYI - Stoner fell backwards and hurt his back when he saw the 90% new ducati

10% the ducati sticker
90% the Yamaha bike

They spent millions of euros in the rider that they couldn't afford to paint the bike and the tank just came from the shop lol

CS 2012 WC!!

P.S. For those with twitter accounts, follow the Yamaha and HRC wars they are funny as .

And no, Stoner doesn't have a twitter account, he doesn't like to be followed LOL - i know stupid joke
Old 02-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #48
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
I was just chilling waiting for the same as last year trash talk. Also letting my STONER tatoo heal.

Did i hear stona got the fastet lap ever on a motorcycle at sepang? Where is the cool aid?
Stoner has the best bike - Correct that is why he had the most poles, fast laps and wins in the 800 era and Rossis 9 WC where in the crapiest bike in the field LOL
Stoner can't ride without electronics - Correct that is why the dr. flossi asked to double the dosage to see if he can ride better
Stoner only puts a handfull of laps and jlo puts a lot consistent laps - Stona only needs 2 laps to know what's wrong with the bike

The truth truth is, just sit down and enjoy the ride, i wish they put a go pro camera on stoner like James stewart but backwards so we can see the field for the first few laps lol. BTW GO RV!!!!!

Get ready to be demolished again YPBss!!!!!! (Yellow Pantie Brigade) Let the predictions begin
And remember, my last year prediction was 12+ poles and 10+ wins for dingo, No wins for Uccio, and my first test prediction was dingo-jlo-asimo-muffin spies, i will give you guys my predictions soon

But please, this year don't wear your UCCIO red and yellow panties and start playing pillow fights.

10% the ducati sticker
90% the Yamaha bike

They spent millions of euros in the rider that they couldn't afford to paint the bike and the tank just came from the shop lol

CS 2012 WC!!

P.S. For those with twitter accounts, follow the Yamaha and HRC wars they are funny as .

And no, Stoner doesn't have a twitter account, he doesn't like to be followed LOL - i know stupid joke
Te mamaste!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #49
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
2007 the best Ducati ever
..........the only race I attended that year was a wet Donington Park. A place I have done quite a few laps round many years ago, I apreciate how scary in the wet Craner Curves can be with its change of camber and the horrible old hairpin at the bottom. I can honestly say that Stoner's speed and control through Craner and up to Mcleans that day was nothing short of terrifying. If every other rider had another 30mph they would never have matched Stoners that day.
As the old tyre advert used to say "power is nothing without control" but that day was not the Bridgestones or the Ducati advantage, just pure Stoner.
some respected racer said that, guess who Grinchy?????

...... what scares you the most in halloween? A: Stoner in a Honda ..... What local hero said that Grinchy? Hint Hint, he has been named the muffin elbowz by HRC

..... its a good thing stoner was on the duke for the past 4 years otherwise he may have dominated a lot longer if on the honda ..... What Mechanic legend said that? Hint Hint Austalian by birth, Italian by heart

.....dancing is for men who dont know how to drink.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #50
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:

stoner and dani fl on lap 2 and 3 respectively, everybodyelse more or less mid distance.................. two comounds or not, one softer than the other

in 2007 i said, like how you deflected that

he inherited a pos, built for and around stoner for 4 years that only stoner could ride, you think he should have just give up??

Rossi used to give them a head start

bwa ha ha ha ha, he doesn't know wtf to do so he comes in lol

Boomhower moment over here

10% the ducati sticker
90% the Yamaha bike

that's funny

for you

CS 2012 WC!!

yawn
Old 02-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #51
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
..........the only race I attended that year was a wet Donington Park. A place I have done quite a few laps round many years ago, I apreciate how scary in the wet Craner Curves can be with its change of camber and the horrible old hairpin at the bottom. I can honestly say that Stoner's speed and control through Craner and up to Mcleans that day was nothing short of terrifying. If every other rider had another 30mph they would never have matched Stoners that day.
As the old tyre advert used to say "power is nothing without control" but that day was not the Bridgestones or the Ducati advantage, just pure Stoner.
some respected racer said that, guess who Grinchy?????

...... what scares you the most in halloween? A: Stoner in a Honda ..... What local hero said that Grinchy? Hint Hint, he has been named the muffin elbowz by HRC

..... its a good thing stoner was on the duke for the past 4 years otherwise he may have dominated a lot longer if on the honda ..... What Mechanic legend said that? Hint Hint Austalian by birth, Italian by heart

.....dancing is for men who dont know how to drink.
post your times around Donnington
was it GP or short circuit (without the loop)??

I remember hurtling down there as fast as I could and chris walker came flying past two up
good times

oh yeah, 2 or 3 more laps and colin would have caught him

Old 02-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #52
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

I guess this is the best place for this...a bit early to say but respect must be paid.
(taken from crash.net)

full article

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/176...ssi_stats.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AU858315.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	53175  
Old 02-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #53
agg2001
Agg Racing

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (track)

Send a message via AIM to agg2001 Send a message via MSN to agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to agg2001
I caught a bit of that twitter mess the past few days. Good stuff. Haha!

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
agg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #54
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
i wish they put a go pro camera on stoner like James stewart but backwards so we can see the field for the first few laps lol.
oJ9jk

(lol)...

Advertisement