MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #21
Senator
Dude....Seriously?
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Washington Ave.
Feedback Rating: (17)
Posts: 5,101

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHEAD View Post
That's going to happen with every level though...
It's a whole different pace.
__________________
Bill N.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google and Apple taking a hit grsa The Circus 14 12-26-2013 12:32 PM
Worst road debris you've hit or almost hit? darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 03-27-2013 02:32 PM
taking a hit.. would u do it? Petro General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-06-2008 07:47 AM
Motorcyclist dies after being hit by hit-and-run driver Jay General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 09-04-2007 11:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #22
Bruiser
Senior Member
 
Bruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 387

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2009 yamaha R6 Raven




Member Garage





im a little nervous as well haven't rode since my wreck in sept. was gonna do TWS (Texas World Speedway) but i've never done that track and wanted my first one to be some where familiar
__________________
2 Wheel Toyz
B.A.D.D.
Bikers Against Dumb Drivers

BRUiSER 2 1
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #23
triumphant675r
Senior Member
 
triumphant675r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pasadena
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,683

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Daytona 675 Triple




Member Garage





I'm with lane. I've been itching to get back. I can't complain much about seat time though, I still ride to work every day. When it's nice out a take a twisty scenic route

I am anxious about MSRH though. Last time out there was my first on that track. Did a half day and was around 2:15ish I think. But I've since added new and improved rotors, pads, and fluid. My new a* boots are making a wonderfull difference in grip on the pegs and overall feel of my feet, which was an issue before, can't wait to use em on the track.

I plan to be below 2:10 by the end of the day....hopefully
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Anyone wear chaps with fishnet shirts? My friends give me for it, but I feel most comfortable this way. Just seeing if anyone else out there feels the same. Also looking for other men interested in riding.
triumphant675r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #24
Senator
Dude....Seriously?
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Washington Ave.
Feedback Rating: (17)
Posts: 5,101

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)






bump for my debate on signing up for L2 @ MSRH.

I'm also on a new to me bike, so I'm wondering how much that will add to getting back to pace. FYI I was bumped to L2 last summer before I sold my bike.
__________________
Bill N.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #25
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,271

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






if you are concerned, skip msrh since level 1 is sold out that day... go to gss the next day... it is a much more technical track, tighter and slower, it will help you get real familiar with the way the new bike feels....I believe there is still room in level 1 there....that way you still get to do a track day that weekend
__________________
Be Free, Have Fun.... Give None, Take None
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #26
unswift
Senior Member
 
unswift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: in 90% humidity.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 277

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R race
2008 EX250 race








Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
bump for my debate on signing up for L2 @ MSRH.

I'm also on a new to me bike, so I'm wondering how much that will add to getting back to pace. FYI I was bumped to L2 last summer before I sold my bike.
Whatever you do, just take it easy early. Hanging around CMRA racers, the first thing you notice is that no fast guys go out early. They let the track warm up and other people lay down some rubber while they relax. They are never worried there won't be enough laps for them. There are always plenty of laps.

If you go out in the first couple of sessions, just do some sighting laps, get used to the track again, and let yourself get a feel for your new bike. Let yourself warm up slowly, and get comfortable.

This would be a great time to work on the Keith Code concept of riding at 70-80% of your ability. Almost no one does it (I ride minis and SVs to force myself), but you can learn so much when you slow things down for yourself. If you do that you can pick up some great habits. When things slow down for you it is easier to pick out your braking markers, find your turn in points, and hit your apexes and exits. Use this opportunity to eat your track day vegetables. It will make you faster and safer
unswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #27
Senator
Dude....Seriously?
 
Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Washington Ave.
Feedback Rating: (17)
Posts: 5,101

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by unswift View Post
Whatever you do, just take it easy early. Hanging around CMRA racers, the first thing you notice is that no fast guys go out early. They let the track warm up and other people lay down some rubber while they relax. They are never worried there won't be enough laps for them. There are always plenty of laps.

If you go out in the first couple of sessions, just do some sighting laps, get used to the track again, and let yourself get a feel for your new bike. Let yourself warm up slowly, and get comfortable.

This would be a great time to work on the Keith Code concept of riding at 70-80% of your ability. Almost no one does it (I ride minis and SVs to force myself), but you can learn so much when you slow things down for yourself. If you do that you can pick up some great habits. When things slow down for you it is easier to pick out your braking markers, find your turn in points, and hit your apexes and exits. Use this opportunity to eat your track day vegetables. It will make you faster and safer
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately it's elementary at this point, everything is sold out...

Looks like I'm taking off Monday the 19th...
__________________
Bill N.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #28
unswift
Senior Member
 
unswift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: in 90% humidity.
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 277

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX-6R race
2008 EX250 race








Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately it's elementary at this point, everything is sold out...

Looks like I'm taking off Monday the 19th...
Well, then at least you'll be ready for CMRA Round 2 at TWS (Texas World Speedway) later that week. I'll see you at Friday practice!
unswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy