MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
WELTEC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Question need helps

My name is Andy and I owe a CBR1000RR 2008. There is a question about my bike that i need your help.

Last month on a ride trip, a biker rode his bike in front of me and accelerated and i was behind him in short distance. As his accelerated and I accelerated as well, suddenly he stopped and i was behind him so i braked both brakes. My bike slipped to the right side and crashed the bike's head and the fuel tank had been crushed. But from the suspension to the end of the bike is ok.

So i have bought new and second hand part to replace such as meter, handle bar left right, stay a cowl (upper), head light, clutch cable, lever left right, grip left and grip assy throttle, back mirror, (frond fender, shelter set and rear fender) and cable connect (headlight, meter, tip sensor, signal light, horn and engine don't know what i calls).

After i replaced all the parts, the bike looked as normal. But after few days ride, i experienced two problems that don't know why.

The first problem is when i stopped at the intersection the bike is shut down, i could not start engine right away. I had to press power button a few times and even turned off the key and switch the engine stop to start the bike.

The second problem is when i accelerated fast and released grip throttle for the bike slow down. That moment the bike shut down as well and i had to press power button a few times and even turned off the key and switch the engine stop to start the bike.

Now i cannot start my bike at all because the cable jack that plug into the meter is malfuction. After the crashed the jack have been crush to broken so it does not fit correctly to the meter. I'm buying new cable to replace but the two problems above is way important.

Anyone experiences these problems, please give me advice how to fix it. Thank you

I appreciate your helps
WELTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Every little bit helps RACER X Off Topic 1 03-12-2015 07:39 PM
Looking for helps with my current build seanster Performance and Modifications 20 01-26-2014 12:06 AM
Question need helps WELTEC Motorcycles Unlimited 1 01-22-2012 11:39 AM
Program Helps You Get a New Car Crystalline Off Topic 24 12-19-2007 05:54 PM
H.P.D. Helps Perps. & Deviants Rick H.I.C. Off Topic 7 05-31-2006 02:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

so you were driving too fast, could not stop.
crashed your bike, attempted to repair it with used parts and it is not functioning properly...

seems that you obviously missed something on the repairs, or you overlooked some damaged parts from the accident. that or you did not repair the damaged parts properly.

if the connector to the gauge cluster was damaged you need to source a new one and replace the broken one. if the electronics are not connected correctly, that would by my first guess as to what is causing your issues. all it takes is one wire misconnected to give you problems.
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Go see Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited (look in the site sponsor section on the forum homepage).
They will steer you right.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

WTFBBQ
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
j_e_hurst
Josh

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Not sure about the problems your having now but from the original wreck it may have been caused by only 1 caliper grabbing and pulling the bike in that direction. I've had that happen on dirtbikes. If you haven't looked into that already you might want to check it before it happens again. Just a thought.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Sounds like something else is broke, or one of the used parts were faulty. Has happened to me before. Best you have a good shop look at it. Better safe than sorry.
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
superkat
Banned

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
954rr sold
2001 kawi zx6r sold
o2 eff 4 easy
honda fiddy

Member Garage

User is banned

superkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
Not sure about the problems your having now but from the original wreck it may have been caused by only 1 caliper grabbing and pulling the bike in that direction. I've had that happen on dirtbikes. If you haven't looked into that already you might want to check it before it happens again. Just a thought.
since both calipers are on the same wheel, having only one caliper grab will not cause the bike to turn. Otherwise, all one caliper bikes would have this issue. Ninja 250 has a single caliper up front, for example.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

99 zx9

did you thrash the cam sensor? in other word were there any damage to the cases? could it be you knocked the tps out of wack, it really could be a lot of different things. take it to a shop... then do some track days
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
one caliper pulling the bike in that direction?

err correct me if i am wrong but i say BS

there are many bikes with a single sided disc set up

if it were a car and only one brake was working between the two front brakes i would say, ok. but not sure i believe that is the case here.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #11
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
since both calipers are on the same wheel, having only one caliper grab will not cause the bike to turn. Otherwise, all one caliper bikes would have this issue. Ninja 250 has a single caliper up front, for example.
yea, thats what i was thinking....

Old 01-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
WELTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkat View Post
Sell it and buy a car
That ain't good advice....
Old 01-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
WELTEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgixer View Post
did you thrash the cam sensor? in other word were there any damage to the cases? could it be you knocked the tps out of wack, it really could be a lot of different things. take it to a shop... then do some track days
I think there is no problem with the cam sensor because i had checked. The case still look as normal and fine. Without it on the bike, the bike still doing the same thing. I hope it's the front sub harness that i buy new to replace....
Old 01-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #14
signpimp

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Send a message via MSN to signpimp
Tip over sensor could be sticking?? How about a kill switch on clutch that could be shorting out/sticking? Or on/off switch could be dirty/shorting out. Take it all apart and inspect/clean. Obviously molex connector that smashed needs to be fixed, but it could be the other things. Lots of variables here.
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #15
smoky

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 kawasaki zx9r
Honda cbr f4i
Yamaha r6
Yamaha fz6
Ducati 949