MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #61
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

I didnt know anyone can sit in the classes!! i actually would have
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open spot for MSR trackday July 14th!! SecretAgent Taking it to the Track 7 07-12-2007 05:44 PM
MSR Houston OPEN Trackday 12/19 Buck Beasley Events, Meets and Rides 9 12-05-2005 05:28 AM
MSR Houston OPEN Trackday 12/19 Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 18 11-26-2005 11:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #62
iBang

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'01 SV650N
'04 R1

Name. Ian
Age. 25
What you ride. 01 SV650
How long you have been riding. 3 YRS
Why are you interested in track. I've done track riding for dirt bikes and cars in the past and in both cases I've found it both immensely enjoyable and the best way to vastly improve my riding (and driving) skills.
What do you want to get out of it. Better judgement on cornering speeds and lean angles. I've always struggled with deciding how hard to push a bike in corners since the street is no place to exceed your limits. Also to have a great time!

In a secondary note I also want to share the experience with my fiancee (chixwithtrix on here). We've both just purchased additional gear to get ready and have been preparing our bikes with track riding in mind.
iBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #63
Stryker

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
08 GSXR 750
04 Gsxr 600 (wrecked and sold)
97 gsxr 750 (sold)
02 400EX (sold)
05 cbr 1000 (sold)

Yes I did, Tim is a great guy! I was going to participate but my dog got really sick so my priorities had to change and i had to take him to the vet. so he let me be fastlines bff for the day! it was a great experience and i couldnt thank him enough! all the guys at FL are great people! I hope I can learn a lot from them! I am stoked to be able to do my first one. even IF i dont win i will still be getting into it!

I also add...I dont know if just anyone can do that. I am very gracious that Tim allowed me to do that!
Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #64
chixwithtrix
Moto Chick

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'15 Grom, '02 KTM65 SuMo
'15 Duke 690 (sold) '08 Ninja 250 (sold), '10 BMW S1000rr (sold) '02 RC51 (sold)
'09 & '05 R1, '07 CBR600 (all sold)
'08 Aprilia SXV550 (sold)
'01 RC51, '01 CBR929 (all sold)

Name - Ashley
Age - 24
What you ride - SV650S
How long you have been riding - 3 years

Why are you interested in track - Have been interested in riding on a track since the first time I rode a motorcycle 3 years ago. Between college, starting my own business, and medical bills I haven't had the time or money to take the next step. Now that college is over, I've healed, and my business is starting to grow I've put more thought into getting on the track. After riding quads and dirt bikes on MX tracks and racing autocross and drifting in cars - I think I would enjoy track riding much more than street riding.

What do you want to get out of it - want to learn better motorcycle control, be a safer rider with skills to help avoid problems on the street and track. Get to know my bike better. Have fun. Help others learn about riding track days though my personal blog, motorsport blog, and YouTube channel. Catch the track riding bug
Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #65
luckyxdevil1

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR-750 '02
69' Yamaha 650 back in the day

Send a message via Yahoo to luckyxdevil1
Don't think I've met all of the requirements yet, but I'll take a minute to still give a little into even though I did do an into thread.
My name is Keith B.
I am 40 years young.lol.
I ride a 02 Gsxr 750.
I've been riding my new bike for a few months now. I have been riding on and off ever since I was about 13. Got my first bike when I was 18. Was a 69 Yamaha 650. Road it for a few years as my only transportation.
I would be interested in track one because I think it would be pretty fun, get to meet some of you guys and gals on here. And last but not least, probably get to leave with an abundance of safety infor on riding on the streets. Plus I think my wife would learn alot as well. She already wants her own bike.
thanks for the thread, Hope to meet some more soon.

Keith
Old 05-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #66
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Yes I did, Tim is a great guy! I was going to participate but my dog got really sick so my priorities had to change and i had to take him to the vet. so he let me be fastlines bff for the day! it was a great experience and i couldnt thank him enough! all the guys at FL are great people! I hope I can learn a lot from them! I am stoked to be able to do my first one. even IF i dont win i will still be getting into it!

I also add...I dont know if just anyone can do that. I am very gracious that Tim allowed me to do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chixwithtrix View Post
Name - Ashley
Age - 24
What you ride - SV650S
How long you have been riding - 3 years

Why are you interested in track - Have been interested in riding on a track since the first time I rode a motorcycle 3 years ago. Between college, starting my own business, and medical bills I haven't had the time or money to take the next step. Now that college is over, I've healed, and my business is starting to grow I've put more thought into getting on the track. After riding quads and dirt bikes on MX tracks and racing autocross and drifting in cars - I think I would enjoy track riding much more than street riding.

What do you want to get out of it - want to learn better motorcycle control, be a safer rider with skills to help avoid problems on the street and track. Get to know my bike better. Have fun. Help others learn about riding track days though my personal blog, motorsport blog, and YouTube channel. Catch the track riding bug
you guys and Stryker got my vote, too bad my vote doesn't count lol

Come out to the central meet and let us meet ya'll

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #67
chixwithtrix
Moto Chick

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'15 Grom, '02 KTM65 SuMo
'15 Duke 690 (sold) '08 Ninja 250 (sold), '10 BMW S1000rr (sold) '02 RC51 (sold)
'09 & '05 R1, '07 CBR600 (all sold)
'08 Aprilia SXV550 (sold)
'01 RC51, '01 CBR929 (all sold)

Thanks! We'd love to hit up a meet some day, but the bane of Houston is it so huge and the central meet is a long ride on freeways which we like to avoid. Sadly, by the end of the day all I want to do it sit and veg out after work. Used to hit up meets when we lived in Austin, but it was a tiny city with kick roads!

Need to kick our tired and get to at least a local North meet soon, then progress to the central one.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #68
eddiechacon

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
YZF-R1
2007 zx6r SOLD

Name. Eddie Chacon
Age -29
What you ride - 2008 R1
How long you have been riding - 2 years
Why are you interested in track - I want to explore and maximize my limits and get rid of the fears I have in cornering. I feel that TDs will give me the skills,confidence and attitude to become a better rider.
What do you want to get out of it - I want to be able to ride with confidence and ensure my safe return to my family, after weekend rides. I want to gain the respect of my fellow riders and give myself a fighting chance against any unforeseen obstacles on the road.
eddiechacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #69
eltomo

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1979 CX500

Really clueless

Name: Tom
Ride: 1979 Cafe'd CX 500
Exp:30 yrs plus

Was at MRC saw riders and really really wanted to ride track. Then reality hit, don't have clue. I need mentor for everything, really sucks to learn the hard way
eltomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #70
switch
two fifty

hmm i see lots of eager track beavers in here. maybe i can offer a little help
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #71
switch
two fifty

to da top. i know there are more track newbies itching to get started.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #72
BaoPee
12 yr old Asian boy

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
hmm i see lots of eager track beavers in here. maybe i can offer a little help
help me..

info@halffastgroup.com
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #73
khoazilla

Bike(s):
06 zx6r

name Khoa P.
Age 25
Ride 06 zx6r
Why? because its an awesome sport! the adrenaline, the rush, the fun, and a good way to release stress via speed , its safer, educational, and its the only place that super sport bikes are intentionally made for...
what to get out if it? the skill, the confidence!

I really want to get to the track...but busy schedule of work and personal life always pull me out of it. the other reason is I dont have the mean of transportation to there and back...I need a track buddy who can give me a ride, of course with compensation
khoazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #74
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

I'm sure sImeone on here can help you out man!! You can always get a hitch and rent a trailer from uhal
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #75
OhSoDreamy
Do work son!

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF R1
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500

I shall be thereeeeeeee!
OhSoDreamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #76
SafetyLimiter

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage

Name Will
Age 36
What you ride- 03 GSXR 1000
How long you have been riding- 10+ years
Why are you interested in track- The safety of it is the most important thing to me about it. Being able to ride the bike at its limits safely without the hassle of street conditions. Meeting other experienced track riders, learning as much as possible from them, and to knock one more thing off my bucket list.
What do you want to get out of it- Proper throttle control, cornering techniques, and enhance my knowledge more on the mechanics of the bike. Know one is an expert and your always learning something new everyday.

Now that's out of the way,have a question about this.

Right now I'm in flight school and won't be back until next year, latest around the summer. I should meet all the qualifications by that point, but I don't think I will make most of the meets since I am in Fort Rucker, Alabama. Will this make an impact on whether or not I am selected? Are the rules bendable?

Regardless of whether or not I get selected I am still looking forward to making it to the track for the first time and ride with some of you guys. It's awesome what your doing for the people here and promoting the safety of it. Thanks again!!
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #77
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Thanks for signing up.

For now this is at a stale. I have not been able to keep up with it and the last central meet I gave away the last bit that was on the account.

I'll check the account again to make sure and see if any new donations have been made, last I checked if I remember there was about 120-140 in the PayPal.

Some people won, but have yet to come and claimed it. So money still there.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #78
SafetyLimiter

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
07' Vulcan Classic 1600
06' CBR 600f4i Stolen
99' Kawasaki ZX6 SOLD
03 GSXR 1000 Traded

Member Garage

Well I don't think I will be hitting the track any time soon anyway. Still have minimum of a year left here, so I suppose we will see when I get home. Thanks for letting me know.
SafetyLimiter is offline   Reply With Quote