MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #41
madtrini
Recent Convert

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Name. Jonathan

Age. 22

What you ride. '03 R6

How long you have been riding. 2 months

Why are you interested in track. To learn how to ride my bike to its full potential.

What do you want to get out of it. To have utmost confidence in myself and the bike on the street as well as on the track. I believe with this confidence not only will i be able to better fend for my safety on the street in emergency situations, but i will be able to fully enjoy our collective hobby.
madtrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open spot for MSR trackday July 14th!! SecretAgent Taking it to the Track 7 07-12-2007 05:44 PM
MSR Houston OPEN Trackday 12/19 Buck Beasley Events, Meets and Rides 9 12-05-2005 05:28 AM
MSR Houston OPEN Trackday 12/19 Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 18 11-26-2005 11:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #42
SpeedRat
Ton up!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'09 Triumph Speed Triple
'86 Honda V65 Magna
'72 BMW R60/5 Cafe Racer

I guess I'll come out and say I'm one of those lurkers you guys keep talking about

Name: Shelby Shook (no I'm not a girl)

What you ride: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

How long have you been riding?: 10+, street for only about 4

Why are you interested in track?: The closest I've ever been to track riding is country roads, which I realize is not very close at all. I ride my bike every day, rain or shine, as it is my only transpo, and I always enjoy it no matter what. I can only imagine how much I would love the track.

What do you want to get out of it?: I've always wanted to drop knee. I'm very comfortable on my bike as I'm on it every day, but there's always something new to learn and I've got a lot to learn as far as the track goes. Plus I'd like to get more involved with MH and cut back on the lurking haha.
SpeedRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #43
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Thanks for you guys singing up... I know we have more noobs here...

Come out Buncha lurks

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #44
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Hi im chris and im an alcoholic!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #45
NewRider

Bike(s):

I will start looking through profiles of the noobs that have posted up...Remember what the requirements are. I will choose a few new people and either do a random number pick or have the people that have contributed take a vote.

Remember the rules:
Quote:
1. Have been a member of the Forum for at least 60 days.
2. Have at least 50 NON-POST posts.
3. Attend a NOOB FRIENDLY EXCLUSIVE RIDE, held by one of our members shown on the Responsible Leader thread.
4. Attend a trackday event, either for a parade lap or just to be a spectator (this is so you can be familiar with the track)
5. Show a certain level of responsibility when riding or posting regarding riding. (we all ride how we ride but some jackassery riding does not need promoting, you can keep that to yourself)
6. Show an amount of willingness to help others in the community as the community is trying to help you.
7. Attend a Meet/Greet, more preferably one where there are people that have done track to answer your questions.
8. Attend a CENTRAL MEET (you do not need to engage in night riding if you are not confortable, but just plug yourself and let us see your face)
9. Have an introduction thread.
10. Genuinely do not have the means to pay for a trackday maybe because of other responsibly (dont worry,I've been there) but are really interested in doing it.
11. Most importantly, NEVER having ridden a track day before!

*All of the requirements here are not needed, It would be ideal for you to meet all 11, but I live in the real world and know that people have busy schedules.
Quote:

So please, all you lurkers, noobs and old timers that just havent done track, go ahead and post up to let us know that you are interested.
Remember there are also plenty of people that are willing to help you transport your bike to the track. Off hand I can think of Floyd600, Rykoson, Dinosaur, and Mkgsxr.

People that usually can let you borrow leathers, RideSmart is free for first timers, Slyder has extra suits and a few more... You have 2 more days before I start picking names.

Next 2 Events are FastLine at MSRH 03/18 RideSmart at 3/19 TWS (Texas World Speedway) Lone Star Track Days 03/23 TWS (Texas World Speedway) Whoopies Race School at GSS 03/17 $85

You can go to each of the schools website to see what they offer, please keep in mind that I do not care which school you use, but to consider the price and where we might get more bang for your buck, some schools are offering discounts and some already have discounts for first time track riders.

This information is already on the Original Post.

Thank you and thank you to the community for the support. Now it's time for you noobs to get to it!

By the way, I am aware of the shortness in time for these dates, but these are not the only ones available, just the most closest, in case you CAN do them...mama ain't raise no dummy.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #46
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Ill sign up for this when my bike is ready. I need a new chain and sprockets, fix two small oil leaks and clean the throttle cable its sticking a bit
Old 03-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #47
NewRider

Bike(s):

Bump!

For the noobs that haven't seen it or those that don't follow the links in my signature.

We're already sending CaffeineRacer April 29th. YOU could be next.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 03-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #48
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Bump!

For the noobs that haven't seen it or those that don't follow the links in my signature.

We're already sending CaffeineRacer April 29th. YOU could be next.
Good job !!

If any of the winner noobs needs a ride I will transport your bike there for free...(within reason and if I'm attending)

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #49
chuydido
CHUY

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
03 GSXR600

Name. JESUS AVILA
Age. 38
What you ride. 03 GSX R600
How long you have been riding. 2 YRS
Why are you interested in track. A FREIND TOLD ME HOW MUCH HE HAS IMROVED SINCE DOING THE TRACK
What do you want to get out of it. have confidence at corners, better judgements on roads, handling the bike better
chuydido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #50
BaoPee
12 yr old Asian boy

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 1

images?qtbnANd9GcRkDZVmSMnEfqb9RaZH9Ru9vtWPGW6C1Hw7qMfS pDJsq9JdKIQTw

Ivan, you cant say "no" to THE FINGER

and no, you cant give me the other finger

images?qtbnANd9GcTxdeU43Av pzFQPOVENbrpDhkdEzJkyQTgzuzDXkoe hE0iWZD Q

info@halffastgroup.com

Last edited by BaoPee; 03-24-2012 at 06:16 PM.
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #51
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Good job !!

If any of the winner noobs needs a ride I will transport your bike there for free...(within reason and if I'm attending)
Badass!

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 03-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #52
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

Name. Daniel

Age. 20

What you ride. 2002 Suzuki GS500

How long you have been riding. 8 months

Why are you interested in track.

I've always been a huge fan of motorsport since I was a kid. I competed in Gran Turismo 5's event to become a professional race car driver and placed 88th out of 150,000 or so contestants in the nation. I really understand the concept of racing, but have never hit the track. I drift my truck in parking lots and steal my dad's S2000 to hit the local back roads. I can't get enough of it.

What do you want to get out of it.

I have been looking to visit GSS after I saw a few videos of it recently, and this seems like a perfect opportunity to get started.

I need a new rear tire though :/

Last edited by xtelevisionset; 03-26-2012 at 12:47 AM.
xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #53
invision

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
SV650S/F k4
98 CBR600F3 Trackbike project

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtelevisionset View Post
Name. Daniel

Age. 20

What you ride. 2002 Suzuki GS500

How long you have been riding. 8 months

Why are you interested in track.

I've always been a huge fan of motorsport since I was a kid. I competed in Gran Turismo 5's event to become a professional race car driver and placed 88th out of 150,000 or so contestants in the nation. I really understand the concept of racing, but have never hit the track. I drift my truck in parking lots and steal my dad's S2000 to hit the local back roads. I can't get enough of it.

What do you want to get out of it.

I have been looking to visit GSS after I saw a few videos of it recently, and this seems like a perfect opportunity to get started.

I need a new rear tire though :/
You're not real.
invision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #54
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by invision View Post
You're not real.
If that is true,safe it for PMS please...want to keep this clutter free.

Caffeine Racer's trackday has been bought!

Sign up guys and get involved on the forum, go out to a meet in your side of town to meet more members.

Come to the Central Meet, that should win you some brownie points.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #55
ZX14Rider

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500R

Name: Bryan
What you ride: 2012 Ninja ZX14R
How long you have been riding: 1 year
Why are you interested in track: I'd like meet experienced riders who can help me to become a better and safer rider
What do you want to get out of it: To improve riding technique and gain a better understanding of proper body positioning in a safe environment
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #56
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX14Rider View Post
Name: Bryan
What you ride: 2012 Ninja ZX14R
How long you have been riding: 1 year
Why are you interested in track: I'd like meet experienced riders who can help me to become a better and safer rider
What do you want to get out of it: To improve riding technique and gain a better understanding of proper body positioning in a safe environment
Welcome, thank you for posting.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #57
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=222983

That is all!

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #58
david75

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2009 Aprilia Shiver 750
1999 KTM LC4 640
2005 Triumph Sprint ST (sold)
2003 Honda CB 919 Hornet (sold)

Name: David
What you ride: 2003 Honda 919 Hornet
How long you have been riding: 7 years
Why are you interested in track: To learn
What do you want to get out of it: To improve body positioning, reading corners, and overall confidence.
david75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #59
Stryker

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
08 GSXR 750
04 Gsxr 600 (wrecked and sold)
97 gsxr 750 (sold)
02 400EX (sold)
05 cbr 1000 (sold)

Well I think i qualify, atleast i have 10 out of the 11! havent been able to make a central meet yet.

Name. Pat Buckley

Age. 28

What I ride. 2008 GSXR 750

How long I have been riding. Going on 8 years on street. Grew up on quads and dirt bikes.

Why am I interested in track. I really want to be able to improve my skills even more so then i can on my own. The street can only teach a rider so much, I also have grown up around racing my entire life, yet the only racing i have ever done is on a running track (I did VERY well). The little bit I think about also is that there is no where close around here to really ride, so I am thinking its about time to step my game up and learn from the best. I've done some parade laps at GSS and MSR-H. Some of you have seen and met me, I have been on my own here kind of, as i just moved here 5 months ago. FL took great care of me 4-29 letting me check out what TD's are all about, and I'm pretty sure I'm hooked now.

What do I want to get out of it. I want to learn as much as I can and be able to ride to the best of my ability. I want to be the best I can be on my bike. Most of all I want to have some good safe FUN! I learned quite a bit just by hanging out one TD and sitting through the classes without even riding! IT'S time now!

BE SAFE and RIDE HARD!!!

Thank you!

Last edited by Stryker; 05-01-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #60
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Well I think i qualify, atleast i have 10 out of the 11! havent been able to make a central meet yet.

Name. Pat Buckley

Age. 28

What I ride. 2008 GSXR 750

How long I have been riding. Going on 8 years on street. Grew up on quads and dirt bikes.

Why am I interested in track. I really want to be able to improve my skills even more so then i can on my own. The street can only teach a rider so much, I also have grown up around racing my entire life, yet the only racing i have ever done is on a running track (I did VERY well). The little bit I think about also is that there is no where close around here to really ride, so I am thinking its about time to step my game up and learn from the best. I've done some parade laps at GSS and MSR-H. Some of you have seen and met me, I have been on my own here kind of, as i just moved here 5 months ago. FL took great care of me 4-29 letting me check out what TD's are all about, and I'm pretty sure I'm hooked now.

What do I want to get out of it. I want to learn as much as I can and be able to ride to the best of my ability. I want to be the best I can be on my bike. Most of all I want to have some good safe FUN! I learned quite a bit just by hanging out one TD and sitting through the classes without even riding! IT'S time now!

BE SAFE and RIDE HARD!!!

Thank you!
You actually sat through the classes?

Good for you man!

HALFFAST GROUP