MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #21
ShadowR6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'07 Yamaha YZF-R6

Member Garage

I figure eventually I'd buy my own trailer/other equipment needed to get it there. Til then I was just planning to ride there as it's really not all that far from what I remember. I went once to tsw I think it was but only did a parade lap, never done an actual full track day.

I'm gonna try to be active around here since I did find that lurking here and there helped a lot with noobie tips and tricks when I had my r6. Like I said, this time around I want to do it right so the more I learn the better overall experience ill have. Thanks for the quick reply.
ShadowR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open spot for MSR trackday July 14th!! SecretAgent Taking it to the Track 7 07-12-2007 05:44 PM
MSR Houston OPEN Trackday 12/19 Buck Beasley Events, Meets and Rides 9 12-05-2005 05:28 AM
MSR Houston OPEN Trackday 12/19 Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 18 11-26-2005 11:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #22
Bluestreak06
Maine-ah

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2011 Hayabusa
2006 GSXR-600 (sold)
1981 yamaha XS 650(sold)

Member Garage

Ill play along, but Im in the same boat as the other guys.....I have the means to pay for it, just not the time.

Name: Ben
My ride: 2011 Hayabusa
Years Riding: 10
Why Im interested: Id like to get a better feel for the bike, and while I enjoy riding the twistys, I dont find myself pushing faster like I probably would on the track.

What I expect to get out of it: Better feel for the bike, better understanding of body position and how it relates to handling of the bike, etc.

Ive been riding awhile but have never done a track day. While Id rather not do a track day on my Busa, at the moment its what I have (sold my 600). My issue is more in that I have no defined schedule, so its tough for me to plan on when to do a track day. Next step for me is to get a suit (Im a big guy, anybody at the northside meets knows that).

If I can figure out a time to go, and there are other new guys that just dont have a way to get their bikes there, I have a truck and trailer and would be more then willing to tow. , even if im not riding, id be willing to trailer some bikes down and just corner work or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If you don't shake it after you pee the terrorists win.
Ben C.
Bluestreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #23
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak06 View Post
Ill play along, but Im in the same boat as the other guys.....I have the means to pay for it, just not the time.

Name: Ben
My ride: 2011 Hayabusa
Years Riding: 10
Why Im interested: Id like to get a better feel for the bike, and while I enjoy riding the twistys, I dont find myself pushing faster like I probably would on the track.

What I expect to get out of it: Better feel for the bike, better understanding of body position and how it relates to handling of the bike, etc.

Ive been riding awhile but have never done a track day. While Id rather not do a track day on my Busa, at the moment its what I have (sold my 600). My issue is more in that I have no defined schedule, so its tough for me to plan on when to do a track day. Next step for me is to get a suit (Im a big guy, anybody at the northside meets knows that).

If I can figure out a time to go, and there are other new guys that just dont have a way to get their bikes there, I have a truck and trailer and would be more then willing to tow. , even if im not riding, id be willing to trailer some bikes down and just corner work or something.
Sounds good bro..

Well if you can pay and don't mind paying a little extra...try doing a Whoopies' private instruction day. I think you might be able to do it on a week day, but it will be more expensive than a Reg trackday...

As far as the suit, there are a few big boys on here that could tell you where they found theirs.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #24
Dweebster
Dat boy cheeto

Bike(s):
2006 CBR F4i
2003 XR 50

Name. Paul Yi
Age. 27
What you ride. 2006 CBR f4i
How long you have been riding. Year in february
Why are you interested in track. To learn how take turns better and face my fears of braking
What do you want to get out of it. Better understanding of handling my bikes fullest potential with out the anxiety of other people possibly running me of the road. Become a better rider
Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #25
crewchief

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 ZX-6R
2006 ZX-636 (sold) :(

Name. Justin Sager
Age. 28
What you ride. 2011 ZX6-R
How long you have been riding. 2..5 Years
Why are you interested in track. Even after 2.5 years, I still feel like a complete newb on the street. I can head to the forest and take corners and feel great, but then I'll do a u-turn or something here in the city and be scared to lean the bike over. It's weird. I want to gain confidence and skill on my bike. And, its always nice to make new friends along the way.
crewchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #26
Lucar

Member Garage

Luis Fernando Cardona (lucar)
Ride the bumblebee and when the fiance ain't looking a monster 796.
Bee-n riding for 8+ years
My interest is meeting all these other folks
What I want to get from it? "Full lean"
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #27
M@tt
Platinum Member

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Name. Matt
Age. 34
What you ride. 1000 street and 750 track day
How long you have been riding. 10+
Why are you interested in track. To learn how take turns and have better skills
What do you want to get out of it. Educated and to be able show other rides dos and don't.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #28
boner12
Mexican Kanevil

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06, 636 ( bulletproof)
99 zx9r sold
2010 ducati streetfighter

[COLOR="Red"]Name.
Age. 27
What you ride. 06 636
How long you have been riding.3 yrs.
Why are you interested in track.want to learn proper techniques
Or improve my riding in a safe environment.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #29
skill

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2k srad
2001 gsxr 750 (sold)
99' CBR F4I (stolen)
99' Gsxr 750 (ditched)

I would like to do this, maybe you will give another away when i have ran a parade lap other than that I'm good
skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by skill View Post
I would like to do this, maybe you will give another away when i have ran a parade lap other than that I'm good
tell us more about yourself

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #31
skill

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2k srad
2001 gsxr 750 (sold)
99' CBR F4I (stolen)
99' Gsxr 750 (ditched)

I went on the bowling ride with you if you remember,
my name is John
26years old and have had a bike since i was 15
I raced dirt but that is a different ball game i have been thinking about doing a track day for a while just don't quite know how to start ,I ride a older Srad gsxr right now that I bought new before i moved to japan for 4 years I have minimal gear but saving money till i can get some The main reason i want a track day is just to see what the bike is capable of in a safer setting without the fear of cagers
skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #32
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

Name. Joshua
Age. 23
What do you ride? 06 GSX-R 1000
How long have you been riding? Going on 2 years in the street, zero track experience.
Why are you interested in track? To learn more about my bike and it's potential. Also to improve my skills on both the strret and track.
What do you want to get out of it? I would like to gain knowledge and experience, also I would like to be more confident and comfortable on turns, not that I'm not already.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #33
CaffeineRacer

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'03 SV650

Name: Matt
What you ride: '03 SV650
How long you have been riding: 1 yr

Why are you interested in track: In the past year I've gotten quite well acquainted with my bike through commuting everyday and a good handful of weekend rides up to yankees, fayetteville, and the forest. I've become significantly more confident in my riding, but I've reached a point where I feel that I need to have some proper hands-on training (outside of MSF) with body position, braking, lines, etc. These are all things that I think can translate into a proper reaction in the event of an emergency on the street.

What do you want to get out of it: I sort of alluded to this in my previous statements, but I want to become more competent in my riding. Although as I said I've become more confident in my riding I'm not totally sure if that's justified. I hope that with a track day I can learn the proper technique so that I know what habits I should be enforcing as I ride rather than reinforcing bad habits.

Not sure if this is still going to happen, but I think its a good idea nonetheless.
CaffeineRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #34
Ninja T

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 ZX6R Monster Edition (sold)

Name. Tim
Age. 29
What you ride. 09 Kawi M.E
How long you have been riding. About a year
Why are you interested in track. Never been and need to work on cornering
What do you want to get out of it. To no longer have to be the on the sweeper babysits on rides
Ninja T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #35
VFR Clown
Novice trackjunkie

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
98 Honda VFR800FI
96 Honda VFR750 (wrecked)
90 Kawa ZR550 (sold)
if the vfr dies...adv or motard

Member Garage

Name. Ben
Age. 32
What you ride. 98 VFR800
How long you have been riding. 10 yrs
Why are you interested in track. learn proper techniques and go faster in a safe environment
What do you want to get out of it. fast left turns!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #36
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Name. Jimmy

Age. 38

What you ride. 06 Gsxr 1K

How long you have been riding. 25 years

Why are you interested in track. Would love to ride the bike like it was designed to....fast.. without looking out for cops, cagers, telephone poles, trees, and a million more things.. Like masturbating in your room with the fear of someone walking in....you know what i mean..

What do you want to get out of it. ZEN

Last edited by jimrad; 02-09-2012 at 10:24 PM.
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #37
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
This thread will be dedicated to all those people that have never done a single trackday and are interested in starting.

This thread will be used to help our community choose a new person each month (if possible) to pay for a track day (or part of it) and get our members out to the track and on their way to being a safer more aware rider.

Please, it doesn't matter if you are a longtime member and just lurk and not post, go ahead and sign up. We would like you to be a more involved member of the forum. Give useful tips or help in things you might know something of, offer to help someone that asks (if you can) etc...

The people that will qualify and be considered to have a free trackday given are people that:

1. Have been a member of the Forum for at least 60 days.
2. Have at least 50 NON-POST posts.
3. Attend a NOOB FRIENDLY EXCLUSIVE RIDE, held by one of our members shown on the Responsible Leader thread.
4. Attend a trackday event, either for a parade lap or just to be a spectator (this is so you can be familiar with the track)
5. Show a certain level of responsibility when riding or posting regarding riding. (we all ride how we ride but some jackassery riding does not need promoting, you can keep that to yourself)
6. Show an amount of willingness to help others in the community as the community is trying to help you.
7. Attend a Meet/Greet, more preferably one where there are people that have done track to answer your questions.
8. Attend a CENTRAL MEET (you do not need to engage in night riding if you are not confortable, but just plug yourself and let us see your face)
9. Have an introduction thread.
10. Genuinely do not have the means to pay for a trackday maybe be wise if other responsibly (dont worry,I've been there) but are really interested in doing it.
11. Most importantly, NEVER having ridden a track day before!

*All of the requirements here are not needed, It would be ideal for you to meet all 11, but I live in the real world and know that people have busy schedules.

So please, all you lurkers, noobs and old timers that just havent done track, go ahead and post up to let us know that you are interested.
When you post, give us your:

Name.
Age.
What you ride.
How long you have been riding.
Why are you interested in track.
What do you want to get out of it.

For everyone else, let's try to keep this thread relatively clean so we don't lose track of the new people that are interested.

This thread was started from this thread: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=211987

This is a great opportunity for a community to stand behind something that makes a safer more aware rider on the street. Gives them the neccesary skills to avoid common mistakes that could save a riders life. I would like all interested to post and for the community to try and help in anyway that they can.

Thank you.
I edited the quote above, can a mod please copy and paste it on my OP and erase this post...

Some spelling errors and other info...

Thank you.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #38
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
Name. James
Age. 32
What you ride. CBR 600RR
How long you have been riding. 1 year. 2 1/2 weeks on the CBR.
Why are you interested in track. - So I can have better control of the bike.
What do you want to get out of it. - Safety, Control and keep up in SMR. =0
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #39
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I edited the quote above, can a mod please copy and paste it on my OP and erase this post...

Some spelling errors and other info...

Thank you.
Done.
Bump.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:10 AM   #40
Candace
KweenB

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):