MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

**Are you NEW TO Track? Are you intrested in a FREE TRACKDAY? OPEN THIS THREAD**

This thread will be dedicated to all those people that have never done a single trackday and are interested in starting.

This thread will be used to help our community choose a new person each month (if possible) to pay for a track day (or part of it) and get our members out to the track and on their way to being a safer more aware rider.

Please, it doesn't matter if you are a longtime member and just lurk and not post, go ahead and sign up. We would like you to be a more involved member of the forum. Give useful tips or help in things you might know something of, offer to help someone that asks (if you can) etc...

The people that will qualify and be considered to have a free trackday given are people that:

1. Have been a member of the Forum for at least 60 days.
2. Have at least 50 NON-POST posts.
3. Attend a NOOB FRIENDLY EXCLUSIVE RIDE, held by one of our members shown on the Responsible Leader thread.
4. Attend a trackday event, either for a parade lap or just to be a spectator (this is so you can be familiar with the track)
5. Show a certain level of responsibility when riding or posting regarding riding. (we all ride how we ride but some jackassery riding does not need promoting, you can keep that to yourself)
6. Show an amount of willingness to help others in the community as the community is trying to help you.
7. Attend a Meet/Greet, more preferably one where there are people that have done track to answer your questions.
8. Attend a CENTRAL MEET (you do not need to engage in night riding if you are not confortable, but just plug yourself and let us see your face)
9. Have an introduction thread.
10. Genuinely do not have the means to pay for a trackday maybe be wise if other responsibly (dont worry,I've been there) but are really interested in doing it.
11. Most importantly, NEVER having ridden a track day before!

*All of the requirements here are not needed, It would be ideal for you to meet all 11, but I live in the real world and know that people have busy schedules.

So please, all you lurkers, noobs and old timers that just havent done track, go ahead and post up to let us know that you are interested.
When you post, give us your:

Name.
Age.
What you ride.
How long you have been riding.
Why are you interested in track.
What do you want to get out of it.

For everyone else, let's try to keep this thread relatively clean so we don't lose track of the new people that are interested.

This thread was started from this thread: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=211987

This is a great opportunity for a community to stand behind something that makes a safer more aware rider on the street. Gives them the neccesary skills to avoid common mistakes that could save a riders life. I would like all interested to post and for the community to try and help in anyway that they can.

Thank you.

HALFFAST GROUP

Last edited by a forum moderator; 02-28-2012 at 01:30 AM.
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open spot for MSR trackday July 14th!! SecretAgent Taking it to the Track 7 07-12-2007 05:44 PM
MSR Houston OPEN Trackday 12/19 Buck Beasley Events, Meets and Rides 9 12-05-2005 05:28 AM
MSR Houston OPEN Trackday 12/19 Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 18 11-26-2005 11:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Good deal Ivan!!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
MykolJ
Giraffe!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
GSXR
600rr
R6

Ivan, pay for my track day.
MykolJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykolJ View Post
Ivan, pay for my track day.
Follow the rules sir and you will be a candidate, you more than meet the criteria. I would be very happy if you are one of the people we get to help.

Now tell us about yourself, for those of us that don't know you.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 01-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
NgaWhat

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Gsxr 600

what about leather and safety gear sir?
NgaWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgaWhat View Post
what about leather and safety gear sir?
Ridesmart School provides free leathers and boot rentals for new people.

Fastline you will have to rent your own, but there are plenty of people that might offer up to borrow some.

I will try to help in that, but come on, we will do all we can, but noobs also need to be proactive.

these are things to consider.

and again, if you are a noob and have a question, go ahead and post it up here, but introduce yourself and let us know what the OP asks for and after that ask your question. Thank you

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 01-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
NgaWhat

Bike(s):
Gsxr 600

I have helmet, mesh jacket, and boots

thats about it
Old 01-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
[CENTER][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]When you post, give us your:

Name.
Age.
What you ride.
How long you have been riding.
Why are you interested in track.
What do you want to get out of it.

[CENTER]For everyone else, let's try to keep this thread relatively clean so we don't lose track of the new people that are interested.

Thank you.
This folks, so far not one post has done what was asked
Old 01-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
BLAKE81

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2017 KTM 450 SX-F
2012 KTM 350 SX-F

I would love to do a track day!!!! I've been riding for almost 15 yrs now and never been to the track. I ride motocross at least once a week at local tracks, but dont really know the ropes for a road coarse. I would love to get involved just need someone to guide me through the process the first time and someone to pit with. Maybe a track buddy mentor of sorts you know bike setup from street to track, what kinda full leathers I should invest in and which track I should go to first. To be honest I dont have any friends that ride street. I'm not looking for any $$$ support just someone to show me the ropes so i can get involved and i will be willing to donate $$$ for this cause to someone who can't afford in return.

I would love to see what this thing can do on the track!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	52487  
BLAKE81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #10
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

Blake if you pm me Id be more than willing to help you on your 1st trackday free or not. Ride Smart or Fastline just let me know.
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
NgaWhat

Bike(s):
Gsxr 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
This folks, so far not one post has done what was asked
was going to but...ahh it

Name. Nam Nguyen
Age. 26
What you ride. GSXR600
How long you have been riding. 1.5 years
Why are you interested in track. never did one
What do you want to get out of it. everything. safety, turning smoothly, have confidence at corners, better judgements on roads, handling the bike better, better balancing...and most importantly - being a better rider at high speeds.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #12
BLAKE81

Bike(s):
2017 KTM 450 SX-F
2012 KTM 350 SX-F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FC View Post
Blake if you pm me Id be more than willing to help you on your 1st trackday free or not. Ride Smart or Fastline just let me know.

sounds great!!!
BLAKE81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #13
Morphish
Fast for a Commuter

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki Katana B12
2005 Triumph Rocket ]I[
1983 Honda GL1100 (sold)

I'm just waiting to meet the requirements for the RideSmart novice group and then I'll enter my name. I gotta give it a try at least once!
Morphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
agg2001
Agg Racing

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (track)

Send a message via AIM to agg2001 Send a message via MSN to agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to agg2001
*shared.

great work ivan! LOVE the fact that we can help noobs get to the track and possibly help save lives. :fact (i know that smilie doesn't work here, but it still feels right)

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
agg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #15
MJP-1004
...Loading

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
R6?
Ninja

Question... I signed up for a track day on 3/3... this will be my first attendance at a track. There will be people there to help me along with this correct? Apologies in advance for noob Q.

Thanks!
MJP-1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

Yes there's classes but if you post up a few days before the trackday I'm sure you could pit with someone from here and make it really easy
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #17
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

I would love to help you guys out there and even try to get to the track.. just like (1FC) I'm all for it!!
If you see me out there PLEASE!!! come say hello.. I dont bite and I would be happy to show you around.
The fun part about the track is the bunch of people you meet.
come out and say whats up!
Here are some pictures of my bike.. come find me.
**Are you NEW TO Track? Are you intrested in a FREE TRACKDAY? OPEN THIS THREAD**

Last edited by floyd600; 01-21-2012 at 05:24 PM.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #18
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Sticky!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #19
ShadowR6

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'07 Yamaha YZF-R6

Member Garage

Name: Ernesto
What you ride: nothing as of now, will be purchasing an '03 cbr954 next week or so. I had an '07 R6 a couple years ago but wrecked it.
Why I'm interested in track: I rode hardcore on the street, got 8k miles on the r6 in the course of 5 months that it was running while I had it. I know first hand the dangers of treating the street like a track. This time around I want to keep it strictly on the track because I know I can't trust myself to do speed limit on the street. I figure if I'm gonna ride it hard and fast I might as well be as safe as possible and maybe ill make it to a year with this one.

What I expect to get out of track days: at the very least, a good shot of adrenaline while not having to worry about running into cagers, cops, or the other unknowns that come up when riding street. Ideally, ill have a chance to take my riding to the next level hopefully with help from people that know what they're doing.

I'm prepared to pay for for everything myself as that was the plan for me anyway so I guess this is more of a request for guidance when I actually get the bike and am ready to try the track as I've never been. Thanks in advance for any help/feedback I do receive.
ShadowR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowR6 View Post
Name: Ernesto
What you ride: nothing as of now, will be purchasing an '03 cbr954 next week or so. I had an '07 R6 a couple years ago but wrecked it.
Why I'm interested in track: I rode hardcore on the street, got 8k miles on the r6 in the course of 5 months that it was running while I had it. I know first hand the dangers of treating the street like a track. This time around I want to keep it strictly on the track because I know I can't trust myself to do speed limit on the street. I figure if I'm gonna ride it hard and fast I might as well be as safe as possible and maybe ill make it to a year with this one.

What I expect to get out of track days: at the very least, a good shot of adrenaline while not having to worry about running into cagers, cops, or the other unknowns that come up when riding street. Ideally, ill have a chance to take my riding to the next level hopefully with help from people that know what they're doing.

I'm prepared to pay for for everything myself as that was the plan for me anyway so I guess this is more of a request for guidance when I actually get the bike and am ready to try the track as I've never been. Thanks in advance for any help/feedback I do receive.
hey man, thanks for introducing yourself. There there will be plenty of advice over here. it is starting to appear that people just need guidance on the day of the track and also help getting there bike to the track.

might help if we start a new thread on what to expect on your first track day and things like that and also people that are offering help to get you to the track.

Real good stuff here.

HALFFAST GROUP