MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #41
Morphish
Fast for a Commuter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki Katana B12
2005 Triumph Rocket ]I[
1983 Honda GL1100 (sold)

Yaknow, I have a close friend who's a state trooper (not in Houston though). I've ridden with him a few times, especially during the graveyard shift so I'd have something interesting to see instead of just randomly stopping speeders and stuff.

This guy has an AMAZING nose for trouble. We'll be going along, no big deal and suddenly it's like his antennae go up. He quickly U-Turns and starts following some car that looked totally innocuous to me. Wait.... wait.... wait.... Sirens, lights, car pulls over. "Sir, I stopped you for a brake light being broken. License please." Sure enough, two warrants (which is like a price on your head, basically), trunk full of stolen stuff. Crack pipe falls out of the dude's jeans, but with all the other my friend didn't see any reason to write him a ticket for paraphernalia since it was empty and he didn't see any actual drugs.

Carted off. Girl in the passenger seat didn't have a license... so.... we waited for his dad to come get the car instead of trying to impound it. My friend is known as a nice guy in his department.

Anyway - I asked him how he knew that the driver was dirty. He said he just knew. Every once in a while he's wrong, he says. And he makes it a point not to write BS tickets for brake lights. But he says he can pick out warrant evaders a majority of the time.

Ever since that night I keep my paperwork squeaky clean. Yikes!
Morphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B*tch arrested for talking in Amtrak quiet car for 16 HOURS!! eltejano Off Topic 30 05-19-2011 10:18 AM
This soccer b*tch os ROWDY! vid eltejano Off Topic 13 11-09-2009 08:25 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #42
Benne
DeepSeaDiving

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2011 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
I've been pulled over multiple times withouth my motorcycle license and cops never did anything just wrote me ticket for speeding or rolling stop sign.

So people that get tickets for no m license I FIND IT INTERESTING!!!

Cops well pull someone over for anything especially where he got busted!!!
i got a ticket for no M, but he gave me a speeding ticket, what a sweetheart that officer was, hahaha
Benne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #43
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphish View Post
Yaknow, I have a close friend who's a state trooper (not in Houston though). I've ridden with him a few times, especially during the graveyard shift so I'd have something interesting to see instead of just randomly stopping speeders and stuff.

This guy has an AMAZING nose for trouble. We'll be going along, no big deal and suddenly it's like his antennae go up. He quickly U-Turns and starts following some car that looked totally innocuous to me. Wait.... wait.... wait.... Sirens, lights, car pulls over. "Sir, I stopped you for a brake light being broken. License please." Sure enough, two warrants (which is like a price on your head, basically), trunk full of stolen stuff. Crack pipe falls out of the dude's jeans, but with all the other my friend didn't see any reason to write him a ticket for paraphernalia since it was empty and he didn't see any actual drugs.

Carted off. Girl in the passenger seat didn't have a license... so.... we waited for his dad to come get the car instead of trying to impound it. My friend is known as a nice guy in his department.

Anyway - I asked him how he knew that the driver was dirty. He said he just knew. Every once in a while he's wrong, he says. And he makes it a point not to write BS tickets for brake lights. But he says he can pick out warrant evaders a majority of the time.

Ever since that night I keep my paperwork squeaky clean. Yikes!
Cool story, wish there were more legit cops like this guy.
We don't all follow the book 100% of the time, but...

Between being squeeky clean or riding dirty, and having a good cop/bad cop pull you over, there's a large grey area there with huge mix of luck, timing and attitude. Yours AND the cop's.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #44
Pack Splitter
gRoWliNdUck

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2007 Ducati 1098
2001 HD Ground Pounder
2007 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Cool story, wish there were more legit cops like this guy.
We don't all follow the book 100% of the time, but...

Between being squeeky clean or riding dirty, and having a good cop/bad cop pull you over, there's a large grey area there with huge mix of luck, timing and attitude. Yours AND the cop's.
Man that's the realiest I've heard all night...you should be printing bumper stickers instead of posting in here Haha!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #45
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack Splitter View Post
Man that's the realiest I've heard all night...you should be printing bumper stickers instead of posting in here Haha!
I'm working on making some shirts as we speak.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #46
A 2 Da Z

Bike(s):
Looking to buy one...

I also have a good friend who is a police officer. Pretty much like it's been stated before, have all your ducks lined up and you should be left alone. My friend says that a lot of the times he will see what basic stuff he can pull a vehicle for (speeding, expired registration, defective lights, obscured License plate, etc.) and see if the driver might be a wanted felon or has outstanding warrants. If they come back clean then off they go with a warning... unless you have something like an expired registration or no proof of insurance which are easy to take care of in court. Most of the time you show proof to the courts and the ticket is dropped. As far as cars are concerned, if the license plate is obscured by the glossy covers, or has customed plate holders, anything that makes it hard for the officer to see the plate, letters (Texas name) or numbers thats an auto reason to be pulled over and then dig for more things. If the plate is not at the most rear position is can be in then its another reason to being pulled over. IM sure this reasons are easily passed down to motorcycles as well.

Another reason for maybe a cop following you is like its been stated before... the area is known for drunk drivers, speeders... its also close to major highways / freeways where dope is ran through. Some people say that harley guys dont get pulled over its maybe cuz they are cruisin and not speeding. Accelarating at a high speed all of a sudden is also a reason to be pulled over. Have your paperwork, make sure your works and dont speed, and they shouldnt have a reason to pull you over.

You can also google the Texas Transportation Code and look up the law regarding Motorcycles and drivers.
A 2 Da Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #47
Pack Splitter
gRoWliNdUck

Bike(s):
2007 Ducati 1098
2001 HD Ground Pounder
2007 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I'm working on making some shirts as we speak.
Yeah I think I just picked one up. Says on the back " If you can read this the chick fell off" !!!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:28 AM   #48
LadyDuc

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'96 Ducati 900 SS SP
'99 Ducati 750 SS sold
'89 Honda NT650 GT Hawk sold
'94 Suzuki Katana 750 sold
Not a bike but almost as fun; '05 Dodge Neon SRT-4 ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack Splitter View Post
Yeah I think I just picked one up. Says on the back " If you can read this the chick fell off" !!!
Ha, well I have one that says "If you can read this the just passed you" My favorite of course is one that say "I have a motorcycle, pizza delivery and a vibrator, who needs you?" :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG Infuse using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2012, 04:39 AM   #49
Pack Splitter
gRoWliNdUck

Bike(s):
2007 Ducati 1098
2001 HD Ground Pounder
2007 gsxr 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDuc View Post
Ha, well I have one that says "If you can read this the just passed you" My favorite of course is one that say "I have a motorcycle, pizza delivery and a vibrator, who needs you?" :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG Infuse using Tapatalk
Nice LOL!!

Advertisement