MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2006, 08:24 PM   #41
J lo
I am who U say I am

Feedback Rating: (0)

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer.

before you get an attorney.....STOP CONFESSING TO WHAT YOU DID ON A PUBLIC FORUM. You would be surprised who rides sport bikes and who belongs to this forum.

NOW GO GET AN ATTORNEY and it better be a pit bull, because anything else and you don't have a freaking chance.

Also sounds like you just may need to know a little more about the law, though that could be dangerous. Then you would know just enough to really get your in trouble. I know that you are not going to read the Texas penal code but it's on line and free to access.

If you do not truly care to know your rights afforded to you by the Constitution of neither the United States nor the Texas laws that you are going to freely break, and ignorance of the law is not a viable defense, then the ACLU says you may want to carry this in your wallet.

The following was produced by the American Civil Liberties Union. www.aclu.org

What To Do If Youíre Stopped By The Police

Be polite and respectful. Never bad-mouth a police officer.

Stay calm and in control of your words, body language and emotions.

Donít get into an argument with the police.

Remember, anything you say or do can be used against you.

Keep your hands where the police can see them.

Donít run.

Donít touch any police officer.

Donít resist even if you believe you are innocent.

Donít complain on the scene or tell the police theyíre wrong or that youíre going to file a complaint.

Do not make any statements regarding the incident.

Ask for a lawyer immediately upon your arrest.

Remember officersí badge & patrol card numbers.

Write down everything you remember ASAP.

Try to find witnesses & their names & phone numbers.

If you are injured, take photographs of the injuries as soon as possible, but make sure you seek medical attention first.

If you feel your rights have been violated, file a written complaint with police departmentís internal affairs division or civilian complaint board.

1. What you say to the police is always important. What you say can be used against you, and it can give the police an excuse to arrest you, especially if you bad-mouth a police officer.

2. You donít have to answer a police officerís questions, but you must show your driverís license and registration when stopped in a car. In other
situations, you canít legally be arrested for refusing to identify yourself to a police officer.

3. You donít have to consent to any search of yourself, your car or your house. If you DO consent to a search, it can affect your rights later in court. If the police say they have a search warrant, ASK TO SEE IT.

4. Do not interfere with, or obstruct the police Ė you can be arrested for it.

IF YOU ARE STOPPED FOR QUESTIONING

1. Itís not a crime to refuse to answer questions, but refusing to answer can make the police suspicious about you. You canít be arrested merely for refusing to identify yourself on the street.

2. Police may ďpat-downĒ your clothing if they suspect a concealed weapon. Donít physically resist, but make it clear that you donít consent to any further search.

3. Ask if you are under arrest. If you are, you have a right to know why.

4. Donít bad-mouth the police officer or run away, even if you believe what is happening is unreasonable. That could lead to your arrest.

IF YOUíRE ARRESTED OR TAKEN TO A POLICE STATION
1. You have the right to remain silent and to talk to a lawyer before you talk to the police. Tell the police nothing except your name and address. Donít give any explanations, excuses or stories. You can make your defense later, in court, based on what you and your lawyer decide is best.

2. Ask to see a lawyer immediately. If you canít pay for a lawyer, you have a right to a free one, and should ask the police how the lawyer can be contacted. Donít say anything without a lawyer.

3. Within a reasonable time after your arrest, or booking, you have the right to make a local phone call: to a lawyer, bail bondsman, a relative or any other person. The police may not listen to the call to the lawyer.

4. Sometimes you can be released without bail, or have bail lowered. Have your lawyer ask the judge about this possibility. You must be taken before the judge on the next court day after arrest.

5. Do not make any decisions in your case until you have talked with a lawyer.

IF YOUíRE STOPPED IN YOUR CAR
1. Upon request, show them your driverís license, registration, and proof of insurance. In certain cases, your car can be searched without a warrant as long as the police have probable cause. To protect yourself later, you should make it clear that you do not consent to a search. It is not lawful for police to arrest you simply for refusing to consent to a search.

2. If youíre given a ticket, you should sign it; otherwise you can be arrested. You can always fight the case in court later.

3. If youíre suspected of drunk driving (DWI) and refuse to take a blood, urine or breath test, your driverís license may be suspended.

Good luck bro......your going to need it.
J lo is offline   Reply With Quote