Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
nihaikitty
Squidette
 
nihaikitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,681

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650








Custom Molded Earplugs in Houston?

Anyone know of a good place to get the molds made in houston? I know that you can get molds done at gun shows, but I work weekends so I rarely go to the gun shindigs. Anyone have any intel on a local spot to get molds fitted?
__________________
Marlena
nihaikitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
the importance of earplugs brian1570 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 01-21-2013 12:42 PM
Custom Molded Earplugs bumblebee General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 06-09-2009 04:31 PM
Do you wear earplugs? cyclesnoopy General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 05-05-2007 09:02 PM
earplugs? SBK Pilot General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 08-01-2006 08:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
SilverBullet
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harmaston, TX
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,122

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200EXC
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400






Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty View Post
Anyone know of a good place to get the molds made in houston? I know that you can get molds done at gun shows, but I work weekends so I rarely go to the gun shindigs. Anyone have any intel on a local spot to get molds fitted?
Why not DIY? Very easy to do.
http://www.earplugstore.com/radians-...ear-plugs.html

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,270


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






I did this ^^^
It isn't hard but be aware that the earplugs made this way are not usually as effective as the foam type.
They work well, but when I go shooting I feel like there is still too much noise with just these plugs. Fine for the bike, not enough for guns, IMHO.
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
Scottie
Senior Member
 
Scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 245

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
FJR 1300
FZ6 (Raven)








I made a call to my kids ENT and got everything done there. They took the molds and ordered the plugs ($40 per ear). They will even redo the plugs for up to 60 days until you get the right fit. It took 2 attempts to get mine just the way I wanted them, but now they're great.
__________________
90% of car drivers don't see you. The other 10% are out to get you.
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





any place that handles hearing aids can do it.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy