Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #121
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Obed you on a mission or what?
not sure what you are asking here...I am just being my usual old man self...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Too Close Encounter with an SUV Blanco General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 10-07-2013 10:38 PM
Sport bike riders going to cruisers.... how was it??? or have you done it?? floyd600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 78 06-07-2011 11:37 PM
Another reason to hate Dallas and their sport bike riders. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 124 06-06-2010 10:20 PM
There are some really idiotic sport bike riders out there! Reventon General Discussion (Moto Related) 115 01-27-2010 01:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #122
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Now that you've espoused enough Hallmark card can we venture back into the realm of reality for a bit?

Stereotyping is a cognitive shortcut. What we should or should not do as a good and upstanding person has very little to do with the natural methods by which your brain processes data and catalogs experiences.

Another sterling example of your contributions here. Perhaps a more solid understanding of what actually happens around you on a day to day basis would be better processed by not eating so many lead paint chips.
I don't know you, but you seem very intellectual and I don't believe for a minute that you stereotype the common misconceptions like every black guy is a thug rapper, all Asians are bad drivers, all sportbike riders drive like maniacs, and Caucasians are racist. So your uncontrollable cognitive shortcut theory is bullshit. But hey ,while your defending stereotyping, why not defend the riders while your at it.

Driving aggressive and fast on a sport bike is cognitive to some individuals. It may not be what they should or should not do as a good upstanding person but the natural methods by which they travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Isn't saying that something is one or the other....grouping?
I guess I wasn't clear, I do group after I made the determination with basis. I don't stereotype individuals into groups without observing a reason. After I have my support, then your in a group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
Renzo spouted unrealistic bullshit... rainbow fairy tale desires, yes, but realistic... no
and even Renzo, though he fails to admit it stereotypes... just read his posts, listen to what he says about cagers and you see STEREOTYPING.... we do try to overcome it... and we do try to treat everyone like we would want to be treated, and we are always sucessful, right?
Kib owned, no... renzo wishing, now that happened
Nothing fairytale in what I said. If you are a cager driving like then you will be put into that group and you will be dealt with. But I don't make cognitive shortcuts. Not all cagers drive like . I myself am a cager most of the time and I drive awesome. Anything I post about cagers or anyone I talk about is verified from what I see myself.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #123
Renzo
I do not consent

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
Yes really... they are just as smart if not smarter than men...
their ability to get things done is as good as men...
they are usually as large and strong as men, but they can match them in any other catagory.. so yes, equal to men, if not superior...
I know no better person than my wife...so yes, I consider women equal to men...

They are usually as large and strong as men??? , which are you hanging around??
Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #124
mkgsxr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

mkgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #125
Renzo
I do not consent

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
I can see where a BOY might feel that way, but a MAN knows and respects women....a MAN sees women for what they are, his equal in life... his companion and greatest support... but then again I can see where you do not get that...so maybe you applied the term to the wrong person...
My is my designated driver
Old 01-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #126
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 01-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #127
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 01-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #128
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #129
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

well in the first place that was a typo I left out a word, it was supposed to read, not usually as strong as men..
and again Renzo is full of in what he said, he contradicted himself, his actions and his words do not match, and his understanding of the reality of how things actually work, not how they should work is lacking...
so once again, he owned no one, at least not to folks who can read... and who live in the real world.. Mike, my confidence in your reading and comprehension skills is falling...
Old 01-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #130
Renzo
I do not consent

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Quote:
well in the first place that was a typo I left out a word, it was supposed to read, not usually as strong as men..
and again Renzo is full of in what he said, he contradicted himself, his actions and his words do not match, and his understanding of the reality of how things actually work, not how they should work is lacking...
so once again, he owned no one, at least not to folks who can read... and who live in the real world.. Mike, my confidence in your reading and comprehension skills is falling...
Why do you say I am always full of ? Why are you mad at me? Real talk, are you Kbids father?I did not contradict himself, my actions and my words do match.
I only asked which are you hanging around with that are as big and strong as you and that my is my designated driver.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #131
BigGun500Mag
SBN Bouncer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 Harley Road King
KX65 Mini

Going Fast, Comfortably

Quote:
they are usually as large and strong as men, but they can match them in any other catagory.. so yes, equal to men, if not superior...
What you been smoking?
BigGun500Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #132
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

The ownage is really rather weak around here.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #133
BigGun500Mag
SBN Bouncer

Bike(s):
2006 Harley Road King
KX65 Mini

Going Fast, Comfortably

No
Old 01-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #134
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 01-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #135
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
I don't know you, but you seem very intellectual and I don't believe for a minute that you stereotype the common misconceptions like every black guy is a thug rapper, all Asians are bad drivers, all sportbike riders drive like maniacs, and Caucasians are racist. So your uncontrollable cognitive shortcut theory is bullshit. But hey ,while your defending stereotyping, why not defend the riders while your at it.
We're talking about a driver's experiences with riders and how negative experiences further propagate the less than favorable stereotype of Houston's sport riders.

Cognitive shortcuts aren't bullshit theory. It's actually how the brain processes information and has nothing to do with my personal prejudices. That falls into context with the OPs original statement and refutes your belief that one person involved in an activity has no impact on the reputation of others who also involve themselves in the same activity. I'm not defending that unfortunate reality. Just explaining to you that it is unavoidable.

I think you may be confusing ignorant and unfounded racism with what I'm referring to. I assure you it is not the same thing.

Quote:
Driving aggressive and fast on a sport bike is cognitive to some individuals. It may not be what they should or should not do as a good upstanding person but the natural methods by which they travel.
I don't think "cognitive" really matches the context you're attempting to use it in here. In fact, I'm not entirely sure what this statement is supposed to even mean in relation to anything we're discussing.

Quote:
I guess I wasn't clear, I do group after I made the determination with basis. I don't stereotype individuals into groups without observing a reason. After I have my support, then your in a group.
And making those distinctions is largely reliant on the observer's ability to adequately separate people based on some knowledge of what they're seeing. The average Houston driver, at least the ones interviewed for News reports, don't know the difference between motorcycles racing and just pacing ahead of traffic. Add to that our natural inclination to more strongly remember negative moments over positive and the resultant stereotyping will always favor the negative result.

Quote:
Nothing fairytale in what I said. If you are a cager driving like then you will be put into that group and you will be dealt with. But I don't make cognitive shortcuts. Not all cagers drive like . I myself am a cager most of the time and I drive awesome. Anything I post about cagers or anyone I talk about is verified from what I see myself.
One of the more common disabilities that involves the brain not being able to make those cognitive shortcuts is Autism. If you're autistic then that would certainly explain a lot, including why your brain does not seem to function in the manner that a normal brain is medically understood to process information.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #136
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 01-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #137
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
The ownage is really rather weak around here.
They're trying. Admittedly we must judge the results against the standard and so they're coming up very short, but I'll give them an A for effort.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #138
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 01-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #139
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
so no man is a man to you if he doesn't follow this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Kibitzer wtf are you saying??? Just drop it no one gonna read all the bullshit you just wrote
I did.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #140
BigGun500Mag
SBN Bouncer

Bike(s):
2006 Harley Road King
KX65 Mini

Going Fast, Comfortably

Kib. Why do you waste your time with these idiots?

Advertisement