MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #41
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeburt1 View Post
installed and tested...my wife started laughing at the message...I changed it to...I MAY BE DEAD, FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS....it did pin point my exact location!! that was cool!!!

I've fallen!
And I can't get up!

Very cool idea for an app indeed.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #42
WDavNinja
Practice - Practice

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
ZX10R
ZX750 F2
RM125
RM250
GS-550ES

Quote:
It's not a perfect app but I took a bad one a while back and nobody knew where I was. I wanted to make something available that might save someone from that kind of a day. If anybody has any suggestions for improvements, let me know.
Unfortunately my phone will not support this. I don't upgrade everytime a new phone comes out. But based on posts may i suggest:
Adding a checkbox / radio button, something to put the app in a " test mode". This should allow the user to experiment with settings. Anything that let's the user know that he/she is not sending bogus false alerts. Rememeber one of the primary rules of programming.
"Protect the user from themselves - if at all possible".

Maybe even add a panic button (911) that shows after a certain time frame when a rider is down. I would suggest it focus the whole screen so rider does not have to fumble trying to find it or maybe even a passerby can push it for instant help if the rider is not able to.

Another issue: What happens if the phone is dropped? Will it send a false alarm? Maybe a widget would be better for this scenario. Rider can turn it on quickly when riding and off when not moving.

Just a few thoughts...

PS... Everyone post suggestions to help this guy out. Don't just complain. This (to me) is one of the best ideas since the GPz900 Ninja (the godfather of Street Sport bikes).
WDavNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #43
oldDawg

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1975 Suzuki 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Now there is something that doesn't happen everyday...

Haven't had to test the app yet, but I have it.

Thanks for posting, umm...how did you find us?
I saw a jump in our web site traffic and looked to see where it was coming from. Motohouston jumped to the top of the list :-)
oldDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #44
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldDawg View Post
I saw a jump in our web site traffic and looked to see where it was coming from. Motohouston jumped to the top of the list :-)
Nice.

We ARE pretty awesome.

Great app, hope some of the suggestions help make it even better.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #45
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Could also put where when it actually has an audible alert on the phone so the rider knows it's going off, then have the screen show a default contact, yes I've wrecked or no, it's a false alarm.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #46
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Could also put where when it actually has an audible alert on the phone so the rider knows it's going off, then have the screen show a default contact, yes I've wrecked or no, it's a false alarm.
It does play an audible alert. It also does a countdown from the pre-set 30 seconds to whatever you change it to be. That countdown allows you, the rider, time to turn it off if it was tripped by accident before it sends out the text message.

laguna sig
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #47
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
Correct........also, use the custom sensitivity setting. When I was testing it out, all of the preset sensitivity settings would do just as you described. With the custom, I was able to get it set just right.
I will play with it some more, then I will work on adjusting the Cradar settings too.

I would like to thank Old Dawg for inventing this and encourage everyone that uses it to consider making a donation on the Cradar website.
Maybe with a little cash flow he can make it better or invent something else to help riders out.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #48
wesleh

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
But while riding, how can we hear it is my question? And also how would we take the phone out to deactivate it if its inside our pockets while riding?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #49
NewRider

Bike(s):

you guys are thinking way too much into this. deactivated when you're not riding. activate when riding, just make sure you have it in a steady place.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 04-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #50
rhenriksen

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

good news, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtex View Post
Reply from CRADAR re: iPhone version:

Thanks Joe,

As it stands, we can't release an iPhone version of CRADAR. Apple won't allow what they call "emergency apps", and CRADAR qualifies. If Apple changes their developer policy, we have a version ready and waiting.

Stay tuned. We will be releasing an upgrade to CRADAR soon which will allow multiple emergency contacts and a simpler way to set the sensitivity. And don't worry, CRADAR will remain free (and ad free). The crash story on the CRADAR page is mine and I'm passionate about getting this app out to as many riders as possible.

Best,

Jay
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #51
shfireman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
1994 Honda VFR750f sold
2002 yzf600r sold
02 r1

Member Garage

I hit the bump at the end of my driveway it went off. And that on custom -2.2 cant get it ne higher on my phone without broking my phone. Now what if im out riding hit a bump or pothole (like whats all over Houston) an my wife get a text that i gone down she calls i dont answer because I cant hear my phone. Then calls 911 tells them i went down and the area that it says on the text. My wife could get in trouble for miss use of 911. My thing is it needs higher sensitivity 1 little bump can set it off.

Its a great idea but just need some work
shfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #52
wesleh

Bike(s):
08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shfireman View Post
I hit the bump at the end of my driveway it went off. And that on custom -2.2 cant get it ne higher on my phone without broking my phone. Now what if im out riding hit a bump or pothole (like whats all over Houston) an my wife get a text that i gone down she calls i dont answer because I cant hear my phone. Then calls 911 tells them i went down and the area that it says on the text. My wife could get in trouble for miss use of 911. My thing is it needs higher sensitivity 1 little bump can set it off.

exactly what im thinking. but it seems like -2.2 is pretty sensitive, since very high sensitive is at a -1... I probably keep at there set low of 4 or medium 1
Old 04-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #53
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Quote:

Try throwing it at your mattress or something soft... You don't have to actually throw it either, just hold it and swing real hard until you get the desired sensitivity.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #54
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:

Is everyone missing the part where I says that if it does not detect movement of 8 feet or something that's when it takes action??

I'll go back and re read the app but I know I read that or something like that...the point is for it to notify when you are not moving at all...like passed out from a wreck.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 04-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #55
NewRider

Bike(s):

Jesus!

Quote:
If you do not move at least 8 feet or tap the "I'm OK" button, CRADAR will send a text message to your emergency contact

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 04-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #56
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Quote:
Is everyone missing the part where I says that if it does not detect movement of 8 feet or something that's when it takes action??

I'll go back and re read the app but I know I read that or something like that...the point is for it to notify when you are not moving at all...like passed out from a wreck.
It's there, some people just skim or don't read the manual at all.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #57
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_TRAN View Post
It's there, some people just skim or don't read the manual at all.
Yes, I just posted and it and quoted it.

It's the very last thing it says before it shows the message it sends.

The point of this app is not for in city riding (though useful to let loved ones know) but when back roads riding and you are out in middle of nowhere that is not easy to give directions...I'm reminded of a thread gixxerlizzy posted asking about a friend that they had not heard from.

You guys need to quit looking too much into the what ifs and actually read the app. Because you are making a great app sound bad or not effective.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 04-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #58
wesleh

Bike(s):
08 R6

Quote:

That doesnt work. Once activated it sends the text regardless of what it says...
Old 04-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #59
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:

Wow.
Seriously?

If you're wondering how an app on your phone is gonna get your wife arrested, you're probably over-thinking WAY too much. Just like all things new and helpful, you gotta give it some time to figure it out. Read the full instructions and play with it for a couple of weeks to tweak it in. Make sure your wife doesn't pull the fire alarm for every little blip.

Please give the creator of the app some helpful and constructive feedback.
We are his target audience, he made this to help US.
We are lucky enough to have him find us and post among us, lets show some gratitude!
As stated, there are still some minor bugs to tweak. If you find this app is not completely compatible for your phone, simply do not use it and go back to whatever emergency notification system you used before.

Last edited by a forum moderator; 04-28-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #60
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleh View Post
That doesnt work. Once activated it sends the text regardless of what it says...
Notify the creator with your phone model and they will work on the bugs.

HALFFAST GROUP

Advertisement