MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #61
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucydad View Post
Racer X,

Yeah, its a having to work and such. Finding the time is difficult and there is no way I will commute on 59. What is the magic mile number when I am allowed to buy another bike?
i have 2 young children and amazingly WORK too, commute inbound on westpark from basically 99, and take 59 HOV lane outbound from the galleria, everyday.

i commute by bike

i used to commute from 290&bw8 thru the galleria to S of 'the dome' for 8yrs by bike

so lets quit making excuses.

your $, buy the bike you want when you want. but w/ a riding lifestyle of 1500mi a yr, your doing a duc a disservice. but the thats why i went aprilia vs duc. IMO duc riders are posers ape riders are riders.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!

Last edited by RACER X; 01-05-2012 at 01:33 PM.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
European Test Rides are much more fun! sunday_rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 12-04-2012 04:48 PM
Dealer title question RojerLockless General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 03-11-2010 03:45 PM
group rides - legal question texlurch General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 11-18-2007 09:35 AM
Good Tips On Test Rides 04RSVR General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-13-2007 06:59 PM
FREE TRIUMPH TEST RIDES FastLine Events, Meets and Rides 22 11-21-2005 11:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #62
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i used to commute from 290&bw8 thru the galleria to S of 'the dome' for 8yrs by bike
During rush hour? that. I'll walk
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #63
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
During rush hour? that. I'll walk
pretty much. just another day of riding.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #64
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
pretty much. just another day of riding.
That ain't riding brother, that's torture. Give me extreme heat or cold, but don't give me traffic
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #65
Morphish
Fast for a Commuter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki Katana B12
2005 Triumph Rocket ]I[
1983 Honda GL1100 (sold)

To the OP,

I don't know what the average ownership time for a motorcycle is, but I don't think it's very long. A lot of people tend to keep their bikes only a couple of years and then try something new. I LOVE my motorcycle, but in a couple years, I'll probably want something different to enjoy. So, really, I wouldn't sweat the decision all that much. Get something that you like sitting on.

Since you can only ride every once in a while, any of the choices you listed will exceed your capabilities far into the future. The fact that one is geared higher than another, or has more torque at one area of the powerband than another - I mean, who cares if you're going to ride it so rarely? Sitting on it and reading reviews - probably all you'll need to make a solid decision.
Morphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #66
af1racing

We've always let people test ride all the Aprilias/Piaggios/Guzzis/Vespas. Piaggio Group USA encourages it and gives us a special deal on demos.

Bring your gear, MC license, insurance, and sign a form. We'll have a Tuono V4 demo at both stores when they arrive in March. We had a RSV4 demo for a long while (sold it), and will have another once the 2012s roll in. Our last Mana 850 demo probably had 50 people test ride it. Even had a RS125 demo for a while.

We currently have a demo Dorsoduro 1200, Shiver 750, older Tuono, Griso 1100, Breva 750 (used), MP3 500, and a pile of demo scooters.

I dont understand any dealer that doesnt offer test rides.....it sells bikes.
af1racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #67
mnovell

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'14 BMW S1000R (White)
'14 Honda Grom
'99 KX500
'99 RM125

I test rode a new S1000RR a couple weeks ago. Man that bike was awesome. Still thinking about buying it.

I did have to fill out a form, leave copy of insure and DL, and a CC # in case I wrecked it.

You like working over riding? I mean I really doubt when you are an old man you are going to say to yourself "man I wished I worked more and did less track days." I really doubt it"
mnovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #68
King Of Dirk

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:

your $, buy the bike you want when you want.
Smartest thing I've seen you type yet.

Quote:
IMO duc riders are posers ape riders are riders.
Then you go and say something like that. Let me your theory up for you: I'm a total poser. My Aprilia is my first bike. It's way, WAY, better than I am, or will ever be. Strong gusts of wind scare the out of me over about 60mph. But I commute every single day on it, unless it's raining when I leave the house.

I love my Shiver, but I'd hand you the keys and wave goodbye to it for a black Streetfighter S. I've made myself a deal that once I've got over 10,000 miles in the saddle I'll buy one. But as far as I'm concerned, a used Suzuki GS 500 E is cooler than the coolest car on the road. This whole Duc vs. Ape thing is silly. They're ALL badass, , Brit or Eye-talian. Even American - if it's a Buell.
King Of Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement