Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #21
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychotic View Post
I am still curious why someone choose NOLA for a track... I wonder how much it will cost them to constantly maintain the track that's pretty much sinking. There's a reason why NOLA roads are so crappy.
I asked the same question and the soils are actually pretty.good on that side of the river, so I was told.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nola Motorsports Squidly General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 01-15-2012 06:08 PM
NOLA Motorsports 1st Public Trackday 12-10-11 THE DEAN OF LEAN Taking it to the Track 35 11-29-2011 11:18 AM
Our trip to Barber Motorsports Park... 56k BEWARE! Derek Steptoe General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 08-23-2007 12:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #22
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Nice. I wanna go ride it.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #23
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychotic View Post
I am still curious why someone choose NOLA for a track... I wonder how much it will cost them to constantly maintain the track that's pretty much sinking. There's a reason why NOLA roads are so crappy.
i beg to differ, the new orleans roads are the way they are due to decades of corrupt politicians pocketing the money that was intended to be spent repairing the roads. New Orleans is not sinking as it is far enough from the coast to not be a major concern or the eroding marshlands. The owners of this track are South Louisianians who built it to race their own high end cars around a track. They have key people in the positions that matter the most, like the track designer being Alan Wilson who designed Miller Motorsports park as well as other very well designed tracks around the states. The general manager is the same guy who was general manager at Miller Motorsports park when they struck the deal with World Superbike! I hope everyone will give this place a fair shake. It is the same distance as say-ECR but oh I dont know maybe 10-100 times better. Plus they have built the track with motorcyle safety in mind! And they have dealt with waether and waited it out to make sure they build it as best they can!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Canuck View Post
BTW, Bourbon Street is very overrated.
Bourbon has been overrated for about 15 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEAN OF LEAN View Post
i beg to differ, the new orleans roads are the way they are due to decades of corrupt politicians pocketing the money that was intended to be spent repairing the roads. New Orleans is not sinking as it is far enough from the coast to not be a major concern or the eroding marshlands. The owners of this track are South Louisianians who built it to race their own high end cars around a track. They have key people in the positions that matter the most, like the track designer being Alan Wilson who designed Miller Motorsports park as well as other very well designed tracks around the states. The general manager is the same guy who was general manager at Miller Motorsports park when they struck the deal with World Superbike! I hope everyone will give this place a fair shake. It is the same distance as say-ECR but oh I dont know maybe 10-100 times better. Plus they have built the track with motorcyle safety in mind! And they have dealt with waether and waited it out to make sure they build it as best they can!
The roads sinking is a valid concern in some places around there. Kenner/Metairie areas have crappy roads thanks to the areas sinking.

I thought they had some issues with those areas due to proximity to the river. I remember some issues with the golf course being delayed due to the high water table and soupy soil.

I will definitely be going to the track. Would probably be good to plan a track day the first day and a minis day on the kart track the next. Sounds like a great weekend.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote