MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #1
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Kick Dual Sport Movie

Im not even 5 minutes in yet but since Im watching it in HD I have to let my lame comcast internet load the rest of the movie...its pretty good and funny so far

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Very kick Sportster.. Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 12-01-2013 09:40 AM
Kick water crossing BYRDMAN Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 14 02-13-2012 11:52 AM
I want to kick some Badzx14r General Discussion (Moto Related) 245 03-11-2009 06:31 PM
My kick kid..... Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 27 11-11-2008 01:08 PM
kick deal on CL Azylum General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 05-17-2008 03:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
StewRat
Hive Investigator

Feedback Rating: (2)

2003 CRF230
2011 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
2012 Kawasaki KLR650

Cool... wish we had mountains close. Guess its time to plan a enduro ride for this spring.
StewRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewRat View Post
Cool... wish we had mountains close. Guess its time to plan a enduro ride for this spring.
In, I've been browsing this site the last couple of weeks...

http://sites.google.com/site/texasdualsportroads/
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
U get the charger cord?

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #5
StewRat
Hive Investigator

2003 CRF230
2012 Kawasaki KLR650

Yep. Its scratched though, I want a new one!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
BrianPedd

Thumbs up Thank you!

Hey guys! Thank you so much for posting our video on your forum. We really appreciate it. You can see our other kick dual sport videos at http://www.DualSportVideos.com

If you would like a full quality DVD copy of all our vids, feel free to e-mail me at BrianPeddicord@gmail.com

-Brian
BrianPedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #7
da1hobo
Local Hobo

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
77 Honda CT125 - sold
1995 Vulcan 800A - sold
2011 KLR650E

Dual Sport bikes are better than any other.

Awesome video.
da1hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
StewRat
Hive Investigator

2003 CRF230
2012 Kawasaki KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianPedd View Post
Hey guys! Thank you so much for posting our video on your forum. We really appreciate it. You can see our other kick dual sport videos at http://www.DualSportVideos.com

If you would like a full quality DVD copy of all our vids, feel free to e-mail me at BrianPeddicord@gmail.com

-Brian
Hey I was wondering what was up with the large cameras you guys are using. Are they more advantageous than a Go Pro HD? They look awfully heavy on your helmets!

Anyways, great job!
Old 12-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
BrianPedd

Cameras

Quote:
Hey I was wondering what was up with the large cameras you guys are using. Are they more advantageous than a Go Pro HD? They look awfully heavy on your helmets!

Anyways, great job!
Thank you for the comment, we really appreciate it. We personally all decided against the GoPros after using one in our first dual sport video which took place in San Luis Obispo, CA.

The main reason we don't use GoPros is because of the extremely wide camera angle. It kind of makes you nauseous watching fish eye footage. Another reason is that the sound is horrible and finally there are no viewfinders so you can't tell what you are even filming. They also cost too much for what they are. We fund everything ourself and are all working guys, so we don't have $350 to blow on a camera that is so limited. We do use their mounting gear sometimes.

David was filming with a Canon HFS-10 which he has used on all our other videos, until he hit that tree in the video and now that thing is toast. The reason he prefers the big camera is because he is a real camera man and prefers having the ability to see what he is filming, by having the viewfinder screen in front of his right eye (not very safe of course). Also, you can zoom in and out with a camera like that. You can also put different lenses on it as well. After he broke his camera he switched to a simple Canon Elph with a waterproof case, even thought thats only a $100 camera, the quality was amazing, and he just used his hand for that one.

My dad, Mike, was using a Flip Ultra HD since he is new to filming. It is extremely simple to use and also has a screen on the back so you can see if your shot is lined up right. The color is very vivid on these cameras and when you use lithium ion batteries it is extremely light. The only cost about $150, so if you lose one it's not a big deal.

I film from the side using a Canon HFS-100 which is awesome for action and when I am doing interviews and more scenic stuff I use my DSLR which is a Canon Rebel T3i which I love since I can change lenses on it and make it look more like a real movie.

Thanks again for watching, please share the video with your friends,
-Brian
BrianPedd is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement