MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #21
Philly
GD Yankee

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR1000RR red/black
1996 Suzuki gsxr 600 - sold

Member Garage

I could of gotten the first vehicles license plate but initially didnt think much of it. When I observed the other two vehicles, the were at an angle and or distance that made it a bit difficult to get plates....besides I was more occupied thinking about different scenarios in my head incase I had to go out and lay out some bodies who were trying to steal my bike.

Im already looking into an security system which incorporates phone alerts and gps tracking....any recommendations??? Im looking at a scorpio or one called phantom tracking, anyone using either one of these?
Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Home security systems-alarm DAT GUY Off Topic 3 09-06-2013 07:58 AM
Stand alone GPS or Smartphone GPS for bike? hotcknstrips General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 12-01-2011 10:57 AM
Gps real time tracking, any web sites, I only found one. maskale General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 03-29-2008 12:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #22
ArtistMarty

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEITH HUBBARD View Post
should have called the leo & given them description of people & vehicles.

They were quite possilby intending to take your bike , but be careful of legal action if you shoot one.
Another thing , is the crooks carry weapons too , so be ready for a gun fight or should I say " return fire " .
You might win the case , but spend a load of money for defense & looking over your shoulder from then on out.
OP
you had the opportunity to take pictures of the vehicles ?
MAYBE you could have "stealthily" get the lic. plate number of the various vehicles too.

the police might also have been able to get their information, if you called them and they responded quickly enough to investigate the "suspicious behavior". Calling them could possible have helped with other missing bike investigations too, by providing a "lead" to possible thieves...

anyway glad you didnt get your bike stolen,
good job keeping an "eye" out!
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #23
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by af05941 View Post
I could of gotten the first vehicles license plate but initially didnt think much of it. When I observed the other two vehicles, the were at an angle and or distance that made it a bit difficult to get plates....besides I was more occupied thinking about different scenarios in my head incase I had to go out and lay out some bodies who were trying to steal my bike.

Im already looking into an security system which incorporates phone alerts and gps tracking....any recommendations??? Im looking at a scorpio or one called phantom tracking, anyone using either one of these?
Good looking out on your bike , most likely they will be back .
If push comes to shove , remember cover & concealment .
Sometime you only have seconds to react , keep up with the laws so that you will be in the right in it comes to that.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #24
maxgs

Member Garage

Sounds like you need a better place to park your bike. Even with an alarm and gps, they'd still pick up the bike a throw it in the back of a truck. Even that damage would be too much.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #25
no fly zone 01
it aint rainin im riding

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Could have called the PD and reported suspicious vehicle...
+1 dam man thats crazy. If they were trying to take your bike at least you were prepared. but thats crazy make sure when you take your bike next time that you do the same thing. or you can just pull your gun out and show them you have it. lmao
Old 12-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #26
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

I seen sum people tie off to bicycle racks ,preaty smart.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #27
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

park that beeotch in your work lobby if your the only person working and security doesnt care.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #28
AngusTEx
Hang the up & DRIVE

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Honduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLee View Post
park that beeotch in your work lobby if your the only person working and security doesnt care.
+1. Park inside. I bet you coworkers wouldn't mind?

No doubt, they were scoping/scouting and one breath away from trying to haul her away. Good looking out though. I would've done the same.

thug thieves. Burn.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #29
joeburt1
JoeJoe the dancing monkey

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

1976 Yamaha chappy
TL 1000S

Omg u saw a black male outside after dark!! He MUST have been up to no good!!! Lol, just kiddin..Gorilla makes a good alarm, I think Caligonetx has one..may want to pm him and ask what he thinks of alarms, someone stole his busa a few years ago..good luck
joeburt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #30
hjl47

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 r6

if your going to spend the money on an alarm, i would say its better spent just buying full coverage or theft coverage at least. this way u can get money back if something happens. alarms on a bike imo are worthless. so is lojack. they will just steal and chop it up. an alarm that nobody pays attention to will help no one.
hjl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #31
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjl47 View Post
if your going to spend the money on an alarm, i would say its better spent just buying full coverage or theft coverage at least. this way u can get money back if something happens. alarms on a bike imo are worthless. so is lojack. they will just steal and chop it up. an alarm that nobody pays attention to will help no one.
exactly. have theft coverage and gap and let them take it. then get another bike.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #32
Lucar

Member Garage

If they are taking my bike am I legally able to shoot him?
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #33
Philly
GD Yankee

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
If they are taking my bike am I legally able to shoot him?
It all depends...

If its night time, and I see a group of guys trying to actually steal my bike as in they have tail gate down and are positioning themselves getting ready to lift, I would atleast yell "stop or I will shoot" and if they continue their shenanigans, then yes Im shooting to protect tangible property that otherwise would be difficult or impossible to recover.

Same situation but they drop bike and run then no I wouldnt shoot because I effectively deterred there actions and protected my property.

If same group of guys decided to drop bike and charge at me...im shooting! Becuase I dont know there level of training in fights and if they are willing to charge a man with a gun pointed at them then i will assume they are trained well enough to disarm me and possibly kill me. I would be ok with explaining this in court and although may cost me some $$$ defending myself i walk away with my life and a few less thieves in the world....

This is exactly why I decided to just step outside and let me be seen so there would be no doubt that someone is watching over the bike.

Thats just me...I cant speak for anyone else nor legally make any recommendations cuz im not an attorney
Old 12-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #34
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

Quote:
It all depends...

If its night time, and I see a group of guys trying to actually steal my bike as in they have tail gate down and are positioning themselves getting ready to lift, I would atleast yell "stop or I will shoot" and if they continue their shenanigans, then yes Im shooting to protect tangible property that otherwise would be difficult or impossible to recover.

Same situation but they drop bike and run then no I wouldnt shoot because I effectively deterred there actions and protected my property.

If same group of guys decided to drop bike and charge at me...im shooting! Becuase I dont know there level of training in fights and if they are willing to charge a man with a gun pointed at them then i will assume they are trained well enough to disarm me and possibly kill me. I would be ok with explaining this in court and although may cost me some $$$ defending myself i walk away with my life and a few less thieves in the world....

This is exactly why I decided to just step outside and let me be seen so there would be no doubt that someone is watching over the bike.

Thats just me...I cant speak for anyone else nor legally make any recommendations cuz im not an attorney
A dead man can't testify against you either.
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #35
ericlw
Banned

User is banned

ericlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #36
ericlw
Banned

User is banned

ericlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #37
Lucar

Member Garage

when y'all say call the police, you mean the popo station? or 911?
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #38
Philly
GD Yankee

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
when y'all say call the police, you mean the popo station? or 911?
I would call the station - 911 for suckas.... lol jk

I would save 911 for real emergencies like life or death or omg we need police and ems!
Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #39
DJOKER04

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
00 R1
07 R1

Quote:
I would call the station - 911 for suckas.... lol jk

I would save 911 for real emergencies like life or death or omg we need police and ems!

When you saw ht e1st PU You could of called 911 and asked for their Stolen Vehicles TASK force. (Every Major City has one)...give them the TAG number and see what happens.....Could of used your bike as Bait.
DJOKER04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #40
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

get a "50 cent" blow up doll and straddle it on your bike...with a gat in the waist band.
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement