Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #41
PETE
CLUTCH

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
ur homeboy got insurance on the bike? always keep full coverage, and sorry to hear what happened but being at a hidden place not viewable to a public road such as ASI at 1 in the morning, its almost asking to get robbed, sorry but its true. but good thing u guys came out ok and did the right thing, dont fight back its not worth over a 10 grand bike for ur life
PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASI wed humbleassassin Events, Meets and Rides 0 06-15-2009 01:40 PM
asi last wed. what i saw klassik Stunters Lounge 55 04-17-2009 05:23 PM
ASI WED? anarchist35 Stunters Lounge 14 03-12-2009 01:05 PM
ASI Wed??? Gixxer-Joy Stunters Lounge 163 10-01-2008 04:51 PM
another asi wed mekrew Events, Meets and Rides 12 01-15-2006 07:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2006, 07:00 PM   #42
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETE
ur homeboy got insurance on the bike? always keep full coverage, and sorry to hear what happened but being at a hidden place not viewable to a public road such as ASI at 1 in the morning, its almost asking to get robbed, sorry but its true. but good thing u guys came out ok and did the right thing, dont fight back its not worth over a 10 grand bike for ur life
I don't think being in the open would help. Obviously, there were other people passing by looking and staring but no one followed the truck and call the cops for help.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:09 PM   #43
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
I don't think being in the open would help. Obviously, there were other people passing by looking and staring but no one followed the truck and call the cops for help.
why would someone follow the truck that has 4 people with loaded guns? would you for someone you didnt know?

why you guys so mad for? if the people who got robbed didn't get to do anything to the gun men, why would strangers follow the truck?

im not being rude by all means, but just putting facts straight, who honestly would have followed the truck seeing they just robbed someone with a loaded gun?
Old 11-24-2006, 11:10 PM   #44
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:20 PM   #45
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Im just wondering why did they take that specific bike? And not a few of the 50's that were our there those are easy to load and sell with it being close to christmas and all? my two cents....
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:22 PM   #46
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-25-2006, 01:51 AM   #47
knee_dragger

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Quote:
why would someone follow the truck that has 4 people with loaded guns? would you for someone you didnt know?

why you guys so mad for? if the people who got robbed didn't get to do anything to the gun men, why would strangers follow the truck?

im not being rude by all means, but just putting facts straight, who honestly would have followed the truck seeing they just robbed someone with a loaded gun?
Cuz they didnt follow the truck! They are just stupid kids on rice burners:confused2
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:55 AM   #48
knee_dragger

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Im just wondering why did they take that specific bike? And not a few of the 50's that were our there those are easy to load and sell with it being close to christmas and all? my two cents....
There we're 3 bikes there: 02 gsxr 750(stolen), 06 gsxr 600(they took the keys but didnt take the bike, dont know why and dont ask), 06 gsxr 1000(wrecked so they couldnt take that bike). They didnt ask for phones, wallets, cell phones nothing....just the keys for the bikes.
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #49
level5
moving chicane

Quote:

It's like witnessing a hit and run accident, why would you followed a vehicle that have fled the scene? You could get the plates or called the cops and give them a description of the vehicle where about of the situation. When I say followed a known felons with guns you don't ride on their unless you wanted them to capped your . Your right, may be some of these youngsters don't have a common sense in following someone.
This helping fellow man behavior is not in everyone, it is only a few that possessed such kindness.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #50
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
thats what i said..they're just upset and getting mad at the wrong people..
The only people that are upset is the persons involved, watching or seeing others driving by and not lend a helping hand. I don't mean by getting out of the car and do Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal, Van Damm or Jet Li on the perps but at least call the cops for the victims. We could all learned from this experience and hoping that it would not happen again. If it does and if you happen to witness it then you could at least follow the vehicle and call the cops, right?
Just make sure that you don't ride on their and make it suspicious that they are being followed. Stay way back and out of sight, you will be fine.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:58 PM   #51
lildaddy26
lildaddy26

Bike(s):
yamaha R6

Send a message via MSN to lildaddy26
i witnessed a lady getting her purse taken during income tax time, i followed the guys and got a description of the guys and the car, the guys were caught within two weeks, i did it because that could have been one of my family members and when i saw the fear on the womans face i could not just stand by and do nothing. Of course i regreted the time i had to spend in court testifying but it was still worth it.
lildaddy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #52
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-25-2006, 02:49 PM   #53
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildaddy26
i witnessed a lady getting her purse taken during income tax time, i followed the guys and got a description of the guys and the car, the guys were caught within two weeks, i did it because that could have been one of my family members and when i saw the fear on the womans face i could not just stand by and do nothing. Of course i regreted the time i had to spend in court testifying but it was still worth it.
:notworthy
Old 11-25-2006, 02:55 PM   #54
ownage
Banned

User is banned

Old 11-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #55
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildaddy26
I would of done the same thing in your situation.....But in the bike jacking the rice burners should of gone and followed them. They were right behind them but they decided to take a right and escape. They could of got some more info on the truck and they could have been caught before this hapens to somebody else! :BangHead:
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:17 PM   #56
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

ok so you would follow a loaded gun? great. hit and runs are completely different from getting jacked gunpoint. lets see what you would do in a situation like this. would you honestly follow a car NOT with a handgun but WITH an AK. License plates were covered up, so someone in thier right mind please answer me, what the heck is the point of following a truck? To get shot?

I am sorry and I am not trying to be rude, but insurance is made for a reason. There are two choices of insurance, liability or full coverage. People who get liability are the ones who don't care about thier vehicles getting stolen, they just want insurance to be legit in Texas. Other people get full coverage just in case stuff like this happens to thier vehicles. Best point is to just buy and keep insurance and don't live the past that has already happened. Lesson Learned.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:33 PM   #57
xb12ss

What trip. glad u guys are ok. i was there wed but left about 11pm where did this happen on the street or in the parking lot?
xb12ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #58
lildaddy26
lildaddy26

Bike(s):
yamaha R6

Send a message via MSN to lildaddy26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
ok for one the license plate was covered...i have a family of my own im not gonna get shot over a bike...i dont think my 1 month old son wants to grow up with out his dad...this jacking was organised...and until you have a ak pointed at you then run your mouths...

/end_rant
/close_thread

I totally agree, its not worth losing your life over a material thing, but it does come a time when you have to let your nuts hang, and i would like to think when bikers get together like on wed. that we can have each others backs:BangHead:
lildaddy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:14 PM   #59
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
ok so you would follow a loaded gun? great. hit and runs are completely different from getting jacked gunpoint. lets see what you would do in a situation like this. would you honestly follow a car NOT with a handgun but WITH an AK. License plates were covered up, so someone in thier right mind please answer me, what the heck is the point of following a truck? To get shot?

I am sorry and I am not trying to be rude, but insurance is made for a reason. There are two choices of insurance, liability or full coverage. People who get liability are the ones who don't care about thier vehicles getting stolen, they just want insurance to be legit in Texas. Other people get full coverage just in case stuff like this happens to thier vehicles. Best point is to just buy and keep insurance and don't live the past that has already happened. Lesson Learned.

Not everyone makes easy money or earned a lot. There are many living from paycheck to paycheck. There are lot of cars on the road and knowing them carry an automatic weapons why ride their ? Just my opinion. I was blessed that there are others that have come to my aid when I was in a jammed. I would only try to return the good deed strangers has done for me, pay forward. Like I said, this is a learning experience for everyone on this forum. If you could help out a fellow man without endangering yourself, please help. It is all anyone could ask.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:16 PM   #60
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie_king
I would of done the same thing in your situation.....But in the bike jacking the rice burners should of gone and followed them. They were right behind them but they decided to take a right and escape. They could of got some more info on the truck and they could have been caught before this hapens to somebody else! :BangHead:
Rice burners don't share the comraderies like bikers, so they just don't care.

Advertisement