MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2006, 06:40 PM   #61
jayjay

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 zx6r

Dam I was lucky was looking after me I wrecked my green 05 zx6r on Oct. 30th. I was going 140 on westpark tollway with a broken rear brake pedal and I went over the hill and traffic was completely stopped... I was less than 40 feet away from them I had no choice, but to slam on my front break. I indoed at 140 and road for about 20 feet once I saw the explorer a couple of feet away from me I squeezed the break as hard as I could and I flipped the indoe I flew off and my bike stumbled. My body hit the explorer in the back going 100+... I broke his glass and dented his rear door. I broke my gold bladder and had to get my intestines fixed I got 30 stitches on my neck and 30 staples down my stomach I was at the hospital two weaks and two days... I couldnt eat and now Im recovering, but I still thank Im alive. You can see pics of my bike in my bros myspace http://www.myspace.com/alexjay_11
jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coming Back: What level? BigComfy Taking it to the Track 24 09-06-2011 06:48 AM
THIS JUST IN!!! Tookie's is coming back!!! CBR_girl Events, Meets and Rides 29 04-28-2011 12:14 PM
Bayliss Not Coming Back ArturoC Taking it to the Track 0 06-14-2010 12:37 AM
V is coming back! Scorpio Off Topic 16 10-12-2009 09:36 AM
Coming back to visit! nutmegchoi Off Topic 37 07-02-2009 03:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2006, 06:54 PM   #62
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay
Dam I was lucky was looking after me I wrecked my green 05 zx6r on Oct. 30th. I was going 140 on westpark tollway with a broken rear brake pedal and I went over the hill and traffic was completely stopped... I was less than 40 feet away from them I had no choice, but to slam on my front break. I indoed at 140 and road for about 20 feet once I saw the explorer a couple of feet away from me I squeezed the break as hard as I could and I flipped the indoe I flew off and my bike stumbled. My body hit the explorer in the back going 100+... I broke his glass and dented his rear door. I broke my gold bladder and had to get my intestines fixed I got 30 stitches on my neck and 30 staples down my stomach I was at the hospital two weaks and two days... I couldnt eat and now Im recovering, but I still thank Im alive. You can see pics of my bike in my bros myspace http://www.myspace.com/alexjay_11
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad that you are alive. If you ever get back to riding again, please consider MSF class. Did you know that your front brake has 80-85% stopping power? At high speed, rear brake should be left alone or lightly touched unless you want fishtailing. Practice braking progressively with the front brake. Anyway, speedy recovery and hope to see you back on the bike again.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:12 AM   #63
JojoCbr1000rr

Member Garage

Quote:
Good to here your ok get well soon bro
Old 11-25-2006, 04:54 AM   #64
jrock
straight shooter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Its bad enough to see that but its worse when its someone you love. I have dealt with deaths/near deaths of loved ones in my life with similar circumstances.(drunk drivers sux)
You will get better and you will do a lot of thinking about things.
You have a family thats growing and focus on that. Losing sleep is part of the healing. Talking about this is very good. It helps to get it out of your system faster. It will fade eventually , You will never forget it you will always remember those who have passed.
You will be fine, man. I know you will. Good luck
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:55 AM   #65
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
And yes. MH does have some really fine people as members.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #66
JojoCbr1000rr

Member Garage

life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
Its bad enough to see that but its worse when its someone you love. I have dealt with deaths/near deaths of loved ones in my life with similar circumstances.(drunk drivers sux)
You will get better and you will do a lot of thinking about things.
You have a family thats growing and focus on that. Losing sleep is part of the healing. Talking about this is very good. It helps to get it out of your system faster. It will fade eventually , You will never forget it you will always remember those who have passed.
You will be fine, man. I know you will. Good luck
I hope so. It's hard becouse i seen and heard and him die it was bad enough seeing him that way! And i tryed to sleep last night i woke up becouse it's in my dreams too really bad! My wife said last night when i was sleeping it was like i was still a the wreak. She said i was yelling i'm coming bro help is on the way!!! hang in there! and then she woke me up if it was up too her she would sell all of my bikes. I will alway ride but right now i'm just going to cage it for a lil bit i have been riding over 15years i have had friend close to me die on a bike but i have never seen like i did out here. but posting pming and talking is helping so now people know what i'm going thru. ps thanks again everybody. Joe
Old 11-25-2006, 04:35 PM   #67
jayjay

Bike(s):
2005 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad that you are alive. If you ever get back to riding again, please consider MSF class. Did you know that your front brake has 80-85% stopping power? At high speed, rear brake should be left alone or lightly touched unless you want fishtailing. Practice braking progressively with the front brake. Anyway, speedy recovery and hope to see you back on the bike again.

Yea I have taken the MSF class at awesome cycles and yea everyone told me that the front brake is where all the stopping power is. Thats why I indoed, but I would much rather indoe and flip it; than to hit the car straight on. Now I see from that pic what could of happened if I wouldnt of flipped it. Thanks for the tip though and yea ill get me another bike later... we all fall and learn from are mistakes and we use what we have learned for the future
Old 11-25-2006, 04:35 PM   #68
jayjay

Bike(s):
2005 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoCbr1000rr
Good to here your ok get well soon bro

Thanks bro
Old 11-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #69
level5
moving chicane

I think that you should take the bike out do a block or two to keep your mind of the accident. This way, you would also overcome your fear and nightmare. Soon, everything will be behind you. Riding is dangerous. We all knew that when we get on the bike, that we signed our name on Death list. Just matter of time, our name will called upon. Things like you have witnessed will not be taken granted. I am sure that you have appreciate life more fully than you ever did before. That is the whole irony in life, human nature tend to be relax and lazy until you missed something or lost someone then you would only regret. How many times have you gone out riding thinking that you might not come back? If you do have this notion, STAY HOME. I don't know. I am not at the scene but hearing so many bike wrecks it is scaring me.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:38 PM   #70
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Yea I have taken the MSF class at awesome cycles and yea everyone told me that the front brake is where all the stopping power is. Thats why I indoed, but I would much rather indoe and flip it; than to hit the car straight on. Now I see from that pic what could of happened if I wouldnt of flipped it. Thanks for the tip though and yea ill get me another bike later... we all fall and learn from are mistakes and we use what we have learned for the future
Old 11-25-2006, 05:00 PM   #71
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

I've been there, done that... witnessed it from the viewpoint of being the vehicle that was hit/rear-ended.

You have to remember, the cause of this accident was bad judgment and excessive speed both faults of the biker who has paid the ultimate price.
We've all heard of, and many of us I'm sure...have read the various 'Darwin' awards, and the blunt reality is this accident was not all that different. It just hits closer to home because it involved another rider.

Ride smart, ride safe and keep the speed and stunts where they belong...which isn't the street.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #72
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
I've been there, done that... witnessed it from the viewpoint of being the vehicle that was hit/rear-ended.

You have to remember, the cause of this accident was bad judgment and excessive speed both faults of the biker who has paid the ultimate price.
We've all heard of, and many of us I'm sure...have read the various 'Darwin' awards, and the blunt reality is this accident was not all that different. It just hits closer to home because it involved another rider.

Ride smart, ride safe and keep the speed and stunts where they belong...which isn't the street.

Old 11-25-2006, 05:07 PM   #73
JojoCbr1000rr

Member Garage

riding

Quote:
I think that you should take the bike out do a block or two to keep your mind of the accident. This way, you would also overcome your fear and nightmare. Soon, everything will be behind you. Riding is dangerous. We all knew that when we get on the bike, that we signed our name on Death list. Just matter of time, our name will called upon. Things like you have witnessed will not be taken granted. I am sure that you have appreciate life more fully than you ever did before. That is the whole irony in life, human nature tend to be relax and lazy until you missed something or lost someone then you would only regret. How many times have you gone out riding thinking that you might not come back? If you do have this notion, STAY HOME. I don't know. I am not at the scene but hearing so many bike wrecks it is scaring me.
Well i know what i was getting when got my 1st bike it's not like i fear my bike the wreak just is messing with my head but i think i'll do that in a lil bit it's a good day for a ride. thanks again bro Joe
Old 11-25-2006, 05:10 PM   #74
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoCbr1000rr
Well i know what i was getting when got my 1st bike it's not like i fear my bike the wreak just is messing with my head but i think i'll do that in a lil bit it's a good day for a ride. thanks again bro Joe
Have a safe ride.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:19 PM   #75
JojoCbr1000rr

Member Garage

Quote:

Ya but you didn't see this one. He didn't die in front of you you didn't here him take his last breath look at one of level5's post of a pm i sent him. He was in the bad but we all do stuff somtimes on our bike that's bad judgement but we make it home well some do. Joe

Last edited by JojoCbr1000rr; 11-25-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #76
JojoCbr1000rr

Member Garage

Quote:
Have a safe ride.
thanks bro
Old 11-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #77
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"Ya but you didn't see this one. He didn't die in front of you you didn't here him take his last breath look at one of level5's post of a pm i sent him. He was in the bad but we all do stuff somtimes on our bike that's bad judgement but we make it home well some do. Joe"

No, I didn't see 'that' one... but I watched as a 17yr old kid died, and saw the faces of his friends when took his last breath. I listened to the screams, the crying.. the arguing.

It sticks with you, but it wasn't your fault... you did what you could.
In times it fades.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #78
JojoCbr1000rr

Member Garage

Quote:
"Ya but you didn't see this one. He didn't die in front of you you didn't here him take his last breath look at one of level5's post of a pm i sent him. He was in the bad but we all do stuff somtimes on our bike that's bad judgement but we make it home well some do. Joe"

No, I didn't see 'that' one... but I watched as a 17yr old kid died, and saw the faces of his friends when took his last breath. I listened to the screams, the crying.. the arguing.

It sticks with you, but it wasn't your fault... you did what you could.
In times it fades.
I really hope so. I just got back from a good ride. That's what i needed to clear my head i coudn't find my pants to my jacket so i just thru on my track leathers on better than just a jacket. Joe ps sorry you had to see that. I do know how you felt. I know my wife said the samthing i did everythang i could i just wish i could of helped more.

Advertisement