MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > New Riders and MSF Course Info
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
Greg in H-town

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZZR600

ERC completion certificate - good for court?

Got a ticket on the bike a while back, in the city of Montgomery, and took an ERC for dismissal. I was given a cert of completion and the instructor said to give a copy of it to the court. When I did, the clerk looked at it kinda funny like she'd never seen one before. Are you supposed to get something in the mail as you would with a standard DD course, or is the ERC cert supposed to be enough? It's stamped with "Department of Public Safety Motorcycle Operator Training Program". She took all the paperwork and processed it anyway as if all was cool.

I know that ultimately it's up to the court what they will accept, but I'm wondering if any fellow ticket-getters have had any problems with this, in Montgomery specifically. The clerk said they'd be in touch if there were any problems (never heard back from them) and for me to bring back anything I received in the mail (I never received anything). I'm calling the court Monday to check, but I should have done it sooner since Monday's the deadline for submitting the paperwork.
Greg in H-town is offline   Reply With Quote