Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Exclamation Sat 11/25 Fayetteville Ride: GROUP A

GROUP A (aka "Riders with an accelerated pace" group)

Meet at the Wobble House (Hwy 6 just north of I10) at...
...9:30 am if you want to eat breakfast *Iíd like to get a LARGE group photos at this time*
...10:00 am if you want to mix-n-mingle with folks
...10:15 am for the pre-ride meeting and rules *This will be the time to give me your full name / Emergancy Contact # / Any medical conditions

KICKSTANDS UP @ 10:30 AM!

Route to Orsak's from Waffle House: 95.2 miles / Est. 2 hrs 5 min, which will put us at lunch around noon. Letís hope I donít lead us on too many off road excursions.

There is one section, less than a mile, of unpaved road. It is the same the one that we went through on the last Katy Group Ride - this time I will get with Rebecca and find the left turn that cuts back to pavement sooner. I would rather not take too much of this unpaved road if we donít need to. The short section is ABSOLUTELY PASSABLE by a sport/street bike. You need to ride with caution but everyone made it safe last ride.

We will be meeting Group B (aka "we donít dare go over the speed limit") at the Waffle House if they havenít left already, and we will be sharing their company at lunch.

During lunch, the route home will be decided based on a vote - short route or long route. Short route would be about 2 hours or less, long route can take 3 or 4 (I haven't had Rebecca figure out a the connections yet ) but the ride should be completed before dark. Anyone wanting to go back without the group will be pointed in the right direction. You are not obligated to stay with us, but you are expected to tell us that you are splitting off so we don't go looking for you in the ditches!

**In the event something happens that has us out later than expected, please bring a clear visor or other means of making it home safe after sunset!**

THE RULES:

1. Wear the gear! At a minimum you must have a DOT approved helmet, gloves, and jacket. We'd be much happier to see good riding boots and full leathers

2. NO squidding! This means no wheelies, stoppies, burnouts, etc,... We do not want to attract undue negative attention.

3. No passing on the right! If you are behind a slower rider, pass safely on the left. It is preferrable that they know you are coming so you don't freak them when you pass by them. *Absolutely no passing in turns*

4. Speeding is done at your own risk! Sure we all ride a little quick at times. If you get a ticket, don't bother blaming me or the group. If you come upon group members that have been stopped, keep riding and find a place to stop farther up the road. LEO are not going to be thrilled if a lot of other bikes start pulling up.

5. Ride your own pace! I know you've all heard this before. Take it serious!! You will not get left behind. I stop the group at all turns in the route so we can regroup. It is rare for the group to wait more than a minute or two at most even for the slow riders. I will not continue until I get a thumbs up from the last person to arrive. Really, I want everyone to take this serious. Picking people and their bikes up out of ditches and calling family members is NOT FUN!!

6. Group formation. On straights, we ride in a staggered formation with at least a one second gap between the person ahead of you. DO NOT CROWD THE RIDER IN FRONT OF YOU!! If you are all over the back of the person in front of you, you need to go ahead and pass them when it is safe. The staggering is only required for straights. When you hit the curves, take whatever line you think is best to get you through the corner safely.

7. No drugs or booze!We will not tolerate drinking until the end of the day when we are off the bikes. May sound kind of strict, but that's the way it is.

8. If one gasses up, we all gas up! I know this rule bugs some people. However, it will never fail that a few people will wait to get gas because they don't "need" gas yet. This totally screws up everything because they get out of sync with the group and we wind up having to make more stops and waste more time than we would if everyone will just fill up at the same time. Just fill your Chit up with everyone else.

9. Passing other traffic. I expect you to pass other vehicles in a safe manner. NO splitting lanes if we are in thick traffic. This does not include passing through a corner on the double yellow! If the bike in front of you passes, DO NOT assume it is necessarily safe for you to pass as well!! I have seen way too many close calls because of this behavior. Remember, we don't want every car we pass to be at motorcyclists because we are obnoxious. *Again, Do not pass in Corners*

10. Keep track of the rider behind you. You should be checking your mirrors every time you get done with a set of curves to make sure the person behind you has come through without incident. The idea is to make sure no one gets left behind as a result of mechanical issues or an accident. If you turn around, then the person ahead of you will eventually turn around, and so on, until the whole group comes back. We will do whatever is necessary to get all bikes and riders home.

11. Breaking away from the group. There will be riders that need to cut the day short for whatever reason. If you are one of these riders, you need to make sure that the ride leader knows you will be leaving and when. This is important because otherwise, it will be assumed that something bad has happened to you!

12. Last but certainly the most important: Letís have fun!

Please post your name in this thread if you are riding with the ďAĒ Team!

Last edited by Swift E; 11-22-2006 at 11:05 AM.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1-11-2014 Katy to Fayetteville Ride grsa Events, Meets and Rides 35 01-11-2014 04:35 PM
fayetteville 9-24-11 ride jimrad Events, Meets and Rides 78 09-26-2011 08:14 PM
6-25-11 Sat Morning ride.. jimrad Events, Meets and Rides 39 06-27-2011 04:10 PM
Fayetteville ride Saturday 11/28? Helios Events, Meets and Rides 62 11-25-2009 11:09 AM
Sat 11/25 Fayetteville Ride: GROUP B Squeaky Events, Meets and Rides 122 11-28-2006 08:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

ok guys let get a head count..

Robert / rob78
Erik / Swift E
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you

Last edited by rob78; 11-22-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
GMAN_CBR1000RR

Feedback Rating: (0)

Still trying to work out which group I should go in. I mean I like the accelerated pace but are we going to be knee dragging the whole way?
Old 11-22-2006, 11:20 AM   #4
Swift E

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

NO... This is not the Track nor a Race

We will just be riding a little over the posted speed limit

I am by no means FAST
Old 11-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #5
GMAN_CBR1000RR

Cool I think I'll ride Group A then if thats cool with you guys
Old 11-22-2006, 11:29 AM   #6
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Fayeteville! Yum!

Sounds like you have got this group stuff down Swift. Hope you guys and gals have a fun safe ride.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Old 11-22-2006, 11:32 AM   #7
Swift E

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Rebecca has been a great mentor to me on group rides as you and several others have been for my track time.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #8
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN_CBR1000RR
Cool I think I'll ride Group A then if thats cool with you guys
A suggestion from another noob who has ridden in groups and also with Rebecca aka Squeaky. She has a LOT of experience in group riding with all sorts of levels. If you are a less experienced rider, new or not familiar with the roads, PLEASE consider group B. You will not be disappointed. She rides a good pace and has a couple of days track experience as well now. She has lead several rides where a lot of experienced riders where quite happy.

I've read the Saturday ride post and in the beginning, quite a few people were worried about the pace and the route, etc. If you even have one little doubt, pick group B.

Should for any obnoxious reason the ride in the morning turn out where you think you can handle a faster pace, then you can always step up after lunch.

In regards to socializing, when you ride, there is not much socializing going on at all. Also, you should concentrate on the road and your ride and not who is in front or behind you. Do yourself a favor, pick the proper group for your ride and socialize before and after, which is possible since you all meet.

>JMO< You all have a safe and fun ride.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
rocketbunny

Bike(s):
2005 BMW R1200ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
If you even have one little doubt, pick group B.

Should for any obnoxious reason the ride in the morning turn out where you think you can handle a faster pace, then you can always step up after lunch.
a very emphatic +1 from another experienced group rider.

If you haven't done a few track days, don't have much experience on these roads, or have any doubt about your ability to "hang", pick group B.

You'll have more fun, less stress, and more respect from other riders for keeping within your abilities. When even one person breaks the rules or rides above their abilities, it kills the fun-factor for EVERYONE.

rocketbunny.blogspot.com
Old 11-22-2006, 11:44 AM   #10
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Good post, I think Ill sticky these "guidelines" in the event forums
Old 11-22-2006, 11:48 AM   #11
GMAN_CBR1000RR

Sounds like a plan Group B it is then. :icon_bigg
Old 11-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #12
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN_CBR1000RR
Sounds like a plan Group B it is then. :icon_bigg
If you pass everyone in Group B, you catch Group A.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:53 AM   #13
Swift E

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Or swap groups at the lunch stop.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #14
GMAN_CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
If you pass everyone in Group B, you catch Group A.

Sorry rules say you can't pass the leader lol. I'm in no way in a rush to get out and road race, just saw Group A is an accelerated pace which I enjoy. But the fact its a new road and I don't have much group ride experience then definetly riding in Group B (NO LESS FUN) is safer for me and everyone.

Just out for a good days ridin
Old 11-22-2006, 12:00 PM   #15
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E
Or swap groups at the lunch stop.

Cruize in, haul out. :laughing6

Old 11-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #16
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

I am just full of jokes this morning... sorry!

Old 11-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #17
Swift E

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

No reason to apoligize... It's almost time to Kill a Turkey!
Old 11-22-2006, 12:07 PM   #18
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Wow, thanks for the kind words y'all. I'm not a "mentor" by any means SwiftE, I just do 75% of my riding in groups and have learned from some of the best (TWT).

Looks like we'll have some fun! See y'all at the Waffle House!
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Old 11-22-2006, 12:24 PM   #19
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Wow, thanks for the kind words y'all. I'm not a "mentor" by any means SwiftE, I just do 75% of my riding in groups and have learned from some of the best (TWT).

Looks like we'll have some fun! See y'all at the Waffle House!
75% is more than most so what you have to share to help the group ride be completed safely while having fun is
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
Old 11-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #20
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

My comments were just jokes folks. Everybody knows I support riding at your own pace. I was just poking fun with Swift and a little giddy about stuffing my face tomorrow. Carry on.... Have Fun!

Closed Thread

Advertisement