MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 01:43 AM   #1
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Friday MSRH small group

Just got back in town and have a few spots to offer for Friday after Thanksgiving. The 12/9 event is sold out so this is to offer those who didn't make it in for that one, as the wait list is over ten. If you want in, this is a small group to be comprised of EXPERIENCED track riders. I will only take a maximum of 15. EMAILS ONLY, NO PM'S. slowboattx at yahoo dot com, first come first served. NO I WILL NOT LET YOU TRADE YOUR 12/9 SPOT FOR THIS!! Cost is 150.00 and includes nothing but track entry. No lunch, no instruction, no video. Hope you can make it, should be an epic day.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Group Ride to MSRH Random Events, Meets and Rides 4 10-27-2012 09:18 PM
Group Pull / Mega Millions this Friday? RAS_Houston Off Topic 63 01-01-2011 10:03 PM
Small group thinking of heading to austin to ride (7/10-7/11) Mark06gsxr Events, Meets and Rides 0 07-07-2010 10:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2006, 08:33 AM   #2
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Welcome back Buck, guys for those on the wait list...here is your chance to get your fix :icon_bigg
Old 11-22-2006, 09:03 AM   #3
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Welcome Back
Old 11-22-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
Roman

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005 gsxr-1000, 2003 gsxr-1000

Send a message via AIM to Roman
welcome back buck hope you had fun
Roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
0oAndyo0
Trying togo fast again!

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Race bike forsale!
2006 GSXR Race bike SOLD!!!
2007 GSXR 750 SOLD!!!
2001 GSXR 600 SOLD!!!
2007 R1 SOLD!!!

hello good ol buck
0oAndyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Welcome back Buck how was the trip? Did you get your sailfish to hang on the wall?
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #7
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

CR is the most incredible place I've been, and I've lived and worked in some wild places. Yes Bill, Amy got the sailfish,about 110#, and I got a Black Marlin that was well over 550#'s. All the same day, and some of the biggest Dorado I've seen anywhere. Then there was the white water rafting (class4&5), the jungle canopy tour on zip lines hundreds of feet(opps meters) off the jungle floor. The longest was over 750m, through the cloud forest. Spent two nights at the base of the Arenal Volcano, which was very active, we could watch it from the bed in our room. Pretty handy for honeymooners!!!! Just say "MAGMA" in that Dr. Evil voice and she gets hot...........
The roads there were unbelievable!!! Smooth, twisty, and elevation change that almost made you light headed. Wish I had Woody there, biggest bike I say was a CRF450 on the beach down south, the rest are 250 or less. I counted 38 turns in 2 kilometers, that makes Deal's Gap look like I-10 between Houston and San Antonio!! Wicked awesome..........
Two earthquakes, AWESOME surf, and the Jungle always right there next to you, even on the beach. I'm already planning to go again in June or July. The place is VERY affordable once you get there, most nights we stayed in places in the 30-50.00 range, then we stayed at Costa Verde in Quepos for four nights, around 130.00, but the most incredible suite I've probably ever stayed in. One whole wall rolled back to expose the jungle and a huge patio that wrapped around giving Jungle on one side, and a sick view of the Pacific on the other. Again.............wicked awesome!!!! We did so much in 9 days I can't remember it all right now, but if you ever want to thrill your Lady (and yourself) take her to CR!!! You won't be disappointed. I may skip a few race weekends next season and head there instead. A race weekend is about the same cost as a week or more in CR...............Decisions, decisions. I'm sure I'll still be babbling about it on 12/9, and I'll bring some pics and post some up when I get a chance. Now we have to decide if we'll mount the Sailfish or the Black Marlin. The Black is very rare and hard to catch this side of the pond, but the sail is such a pretty fish as well.
Looking forward to riding with ya'll again this weekend and next.............. I'm all refreshed and relaxed and ready to get it on........!!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:51 PM   #8
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Sounds awesome! Did you get to see any sloths?!!? :icon_bigg
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:56 PM   #9
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

y...........e..........s........(very slowly)... they reminded me of Gixxerbill. Got pics of a mom and a baby together hanging over our dinner table. Toucans, monkeys, birds and flowers I can't begin to name, but I got lots of pics. Soon to post...........
Old 11-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #10
Longnguyen

yes................but the thrill of victory is never satiable!
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:51 PM   #11
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Man, i did that trip like 4 years ago. It is awesome there. Congratulations!!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:19 PM   #12
Riddler
LONGHORNMOTORCYCLESCHOOL

Bike(s):
YOUR MOM
YOUR SISTER

I say you mount them both. Facing each other or staggard,depends on how big the fireplace is. Sounds like you had one wicked ' time. Oh yea you had a honeymoon in there too. Glad you two had fun, you deserve it. I must see many pics 12/9!!!
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:51 AM   #13
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
y...........e..........s........(very slowly)... they reminded me of Gixxerbill. Got pics of a mom and a baby together hanging over our dinner table. Toucans, monkeys, birds and flowers I can't begin to name, but I got lots of pics. Soon to post...........
SLOTHS CAN RIDE SUZUKIS???? :laughing3 :laughing4 :laughing6 :laughing8 :laughing9
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #14
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:37 AM   #15
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTED METAL
well who made it out there and how did the day go??

i haven't heard from radar or gixbill....who else made it out there?????
Well, I can't give you an exact head count (I'm sure Buck can) however I can tell you myself and gixxerbill were among the crowd of about 15 riders! Some I do remember: bumblebee, clayzydaze, Dr. Gonzo, riddler (showed late, but didn't get to ride - had to work - bummer), Sanchez bros., Larry zx10r, Tim, Buck, Jerry, Matt? rc51, best I can do for now. I can tell you it was an AWESOME day for riding - the track was great, the crowd was great, the weather Gods could not have been better, and Tobe (hope I got the name right) made us some great food - fresh BBQ burgers and sausage. :notworthy :icon_bigg :icon_smil Thanks to everyone - and of course special thanks to Buck for the good time and the tutoring.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #16
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar
Well, I can't give you an exact head count (I'm sure Buck can) however I can tell you myself and gixxerbill were among the crowd of about 15 riders! Some I do remember: bumblebee, clayzydaze, Dr. Gonzo, riddler (showed late, but didn't get to ride - had to work - bummer), Sanchez bros., Larry zx10r, Tim, Buck, Jerry, Matt? rc51, best I can do for now. I can tell you it was an AWESOME day for riding - the track was great, the crowd was great, the weather Gods could not have been better, and Tobe (hope I got the name right) made us some great food - fresh BBQ burgers and sausage. :notworthy :icon_bigg :icon_smil Thanks to everyone - and of course special thanks to Buck for the good time and the tutoring.
+1....what an awesome day to ride, it's taken me two full days to recover. I had fun chasing radar around the track, set a personal best lap time and enjoyed the great company.

Bigs thanks to Buck for making this happen :notworthy

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 11-26-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:30 PM   #17
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Maybe the next time. see ya soon.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:34 PM   #18
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
+1....what an awesome day to ride, it's taken me two full days to recover. I had fun chasing radar around the track, set a personal best lap time and enjoyed the great company.

Bigs thanks to Buck for making this happen :notworthy

+100 The day was great, the weather was right and we all went home in one piece (bikes in 1 piece too Bill!).
I too set a personal best lap time :icon_bigg new bike with pencil eraser tires may have helped a little!
And big thanks to Buck!!
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #19
mcd

Big thanks to Buck and Alonzo for setting this up, and letting me in on an excellent track day. Small group was great, and plenty of track time (too much for me!). Thanks again, and keep us posted as far as next years track days go!
mcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:37 PM   #20
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Thanks also to Alonzo for for the behind the scenes work while buck was out playing Tarzan in CR!