MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Should I post up the edited video from Wednesday? Won't display our vote so be honest
Yes, even if I disapprove of it 16 66.67%
No, keep that hooliganism to yourself 3 12.50%
I only like watching 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 01:55 PM   #101
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

sorry if I gave the impression that I had lost respect for you...
I was actually referring to the type of behavior that was shown in the video..
that kind of behavior would cause me to lose respect for the rider on the street...
and I think he knew he would get flamed when he posted it...
so I was just saying that if one does something like that, he should keep it to himself.. unless he just likes getting flammed...
and yes I am going to be at GSS on the 4th and I have done ccw there once before... so far I like the cw better, but now with a little more seat time... we will see...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video from Wednesday 11-16-11 "Clean Version" Renzo General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 01-26-2012 12:30 AM
************Wednesday Katy Meet & Greet 11/23/11 Lucar Events, Meets and Rides 54 11-24-2011 05:04 AM
+++Wednesday 11-23-11 meet SugarLand+++ pmorenoiii Events, Meets and Rides 6 11-23-2011 08:54 PM
NASA accidentally delete's Apollo 11 Moon footage..... HoustonGixxer Off Topic 9 07-17-2009 11:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #102
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

nice most likely i will see you there.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #103
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Ryan you gonna be at BWW this week?
I think so for the wings. Not sure about the ride. I'm not sure after this post...

I am gonna be at the 4th gSS day..
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Old 11-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #104
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
guys and girls CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.... who cares how they are riding its not you right so STFU and move on... take it to the track thats what some say i agree and i do go to the track but every once in a while i like to go for a ride with these FOOLS (myself included) yes they go fast and yeah its reckless but remember its not you... not saying its correct.. but we all do it... Double the speed on the corners.. the guys at RR everyone breaks the law so why pic on him because he posted a video... come on guys.... LETS ALLL BE FRIENDSSSS GROUPPPPPP HUGG LMAO

another thing not sure who said this but someone said you think your fast because your going fast on the street... that doesnt make sense to me... if he is going fast on the street it means he is fast... .he might not be fast on the track but its fast on the street 170 mph is 170 mph no matter if its on a street, a strip, a track, asphalt, water, air.. etc etc...is fast
How did we get dragged into this? You have ridden with us Nick and i am sure you can tell the difference between what we do vs the highway routes, also there is a big difference in the riders that do ride the twisties vs straight highway riding.

Our group take the effort to wake up very early in the morning on Sundays and we go outside of Houston to a less transited rural road to do what we do just to cut down on the chances of getting others in danger. We do not pick a weekday and do triple digits on a highway trying to show some kind of skills zig zagging through traffic while putting others in danger.

I am not saying that we dont break the law here (cause i do specially on Sunday Mornings), we all do it, but the difference is that at least we pick the right time and place to do it so the only people that might get hurt is ourselves. On most of the runs, we see 3-4 cars the most...

And you are correct, fast is fast..... specially when you are riding straight, you can put a monkey on the bike and he will go as fast as the bike can handle, now to be fast where it counts, that takes a little more skills.... and that is why most of the people that do routes on wed night and think they are fast cannot even keep up with us on the twisties.

I think no one here is arguing about the "speed" as we all drive or ride above the speed limit most of the times, what most people here are saying that it is plain stupid to do this on a heavily transited highway during a weekday.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #105
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

LOL
Old 11-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #106
mkgsxr
Banned

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #107
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Renzo when you posting new video?
he is going to do a special viewing at GSS....
Old 11-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #108
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
I think so for the wings. Not sure about the ride. I'm not sure after this post...

I am gonna be at the 4th gSS day..
The ride from bw3 to pp1 is nothing like this and you know that...

There are some that after getting to pp1 ride with different groups, those are their choice and perogative...

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 11-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #109
green600
HG Chairperson

IMO you can do anything you want out on the roads as long as its done on a Sunday morning and outside the Houston city limits!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #110
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 11-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #111
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by agg2001 View Post
well, no one DESERVES to get killed...
No one? I take it you don't deal with too many actual people...
Old 11-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #112
mkgsxr
Banned

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 11-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #113
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
IMO you can do anything you want out on the roads as long as its done on a Sunday morning and outside the Houston city limits!
you should join us..... we also have get out of jail card specially for you!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #114
omer
SMR

Bike(s):
whatever is at the shop at the time ;)
2010 r1
2009 CBR1000RR
2006 GSXR600
2008 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
How did we get dragged into this? You have ridden with us Nick and i am sure you can tell the difference between what we do vs the highway routes, also there is a big difference in the riders that do ride the twisties vs straight highway riding.

Our group take the effort to wake up very early in the morning on Sundays and we go outside of Houston to a less transited rural road to do what we do just to cut down on the chances of getting others in danger. We do not pick a weekday and do triple digits on a highway trying to show some kind of skills zig zagging through traffic while putting others in danger.

I am not saying that we dont break the law here (cause i do specially on Sunday Mornings), we all do it, but the difference is that at least we pick the right time and place to do it so the only people that might get hurt is ourselves. On most of the runs, we see 3-4 cars the most...

And you are correct, fast is fast..... specially when you are riding straight, you can put a monkey on the bike and he will go as fast as the bike can handle, now to be fast where it counts, that takes a little more skills.... and that is why most of the people that do routes on wed night and think they are fast cannot even keep up with us on the twisties.

I think no one here is arguing about the "speed" as we all drive or ride above the speed limit most of the times, what most people here are saying that it is plain stupid to do this on a heavily transited highway during a weekday.
+1 well put Frank
Old 11-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #115
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
This is awesome!
+150mph on the median
Old 11-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #116
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omer View Post
+1 well put Frank

Frank i just txtd you..
to clear this up I didnt say the guys from SMR group breaks the law.. i said PEOPLE on RR break the law. they go there because they want to go well above the speed limit, while taking some nice corners.. and I've ridden with you guys before like you said and enjoyed it a lot might actually be out there this sunday if there is one...
Old 11-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #117
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
you should join us..... we also have get out of jail card specially for you!
IMO I think those are only in the monopoly game!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:08 PM   #118
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
might actually be out there this sunday if there is one...
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=207197

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 11-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #119
TheVirus
Original OG

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2009 *Secret*

Good read! very entertaining!

The ONLY thing i find amusing about this topic in general is the "graduated" view on things. New riders usually find adrenaline and fun in doing those types of things. Every rider i have met has probably done it at some point in their life. Not saying specifically for that long of a route or that speed but similar, speeding or weaving traffic at some point. But then you learn how dangerous it is and you don't do it anymore, because you aren't careless and want to live.

So what i don't understand is how the people that are suppose to have a better outlook on doing irresponsible things as this are saying people should die, or how retarded they are and just talking. Instead of trying to help the person understand why you shouldn't do it. There is plenty of examples just look at the RIP threads. So why do you do it? if they aren't your responsibility and you don't feel like being a beneficial part of the riding community and helping or at least trying to talk some sense into the ones that ride this way, why do you even post? To talk to make yourself feel better? Like you haven't ever done it?

Because talking about someone elses flaws, mistake or mishaps masks your own right?

christ there is some SAD "internet" personalities on here.

If you're going to do it that's your own decision, but at least think of the risks and consequences that come along with it. Think of how hurt the family you leave behind will be. If a parent loses their child this way, you think they are going to like explaining how? You'd be proud of your child if he/she got killed fighting for his/her country and freedom, not if you're racing around Houston and end up killing someone elses children for your own sport and pleasure.

Flame ON!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #120
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

who cares about the rider crashing, its the person they crash into that i'm worried about. from the sounds of things Sunday Rider is the only one who can afford to make that person whole financially, then there's the mental aspect of having somebody die on your car. how do you fix that?

if the rider doesn't care enough about his responsibilities and leftover family, why should "we" care.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Closed Thread

Advertisement