Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

Question About sponsors

Okay so this is a question geared more towards the people that have sponsors and that are sponsor themselves..

so im getting into the racing addiction and its costly... now im not good enough right by any means BUT
i used to Fight BJJ and had several sponsors and they would most likely be willing to sponsor me for this as well.. my question is how do you go about this "sponsoring" in BJJ they would pay for hotels and tournaments entry etc, etc... i just had to wear the GI's provided by them... how does it go with the motorcycle world how can i SELL myself sorta speak...

any feedback will be greatly appreciated...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sponsors Map CaligoneTx Forum Updates & Feedback 14 12-13-2009 10:41 PM
M H Sponsors Javi Forum Updates & Feedback 39 05-09-2007 03:47 PM
New Sponsors added! Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 05-09-2007 01:23 PM
Sponsors. L@@K! Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-26-2007 05:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
lostner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Husky sm450
CRF 450 Sold
'79 xr80
'91 HD w/turbo
2011 KTM 350sx

Try hookit.com. I get lots of stuff at discounts through them for my off road efforts including Dunlops 45% off.
lostner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Our company will be sponsoring a new racing team for 2012!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
Okay so this is a question geared more towards the people that have sponsors and that are sponsor themselves..

so im getting into the racing addiction and its costly... now im not good enough right by any means BUT
i used to Fight BJJ and had several sponsors and they would most likely be willing to sponsor me for this as well.. my question is how do you go about this "sponsoring" in BJJ they would pay for hotels and tournaments entry etc, etc... i just had to wear the GI's provided by them... how does it go with the motorcycle world how can i SELL myself sorta speak...

for the martial arts...
images?qtbnANd9GcQrkE5DSIuscA4nxLHYwKeN 0qnUMZtsUOc3oJtCUEqllpLyqw69A
IMO,
anyone sponsoring from outside of the industry would be a "feel good" type of sponsorship and could encompass any of the costs for racing, including supporting the CMRA as a class/race sponsor

and rider costs such as; bike, entry fee, transportation, hotels, food, pit crew, gas, food, gear, ...

EX, someone who uses product exposure
paul mitchel

.................................................. .................................................. .
and SR thats great!
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post

Nick, many of cmra guys (and girls) start off by putting a race resume together. You can then send this off to companies you're interested in, and ask for their support. Sheila Paul does a good job putting together resumes (don't have get contact info but I'm sure someone will chime in with it). The people that I know who used her, are happy with her work. Sometimes it's just as easy as asking if they offer any racer support (they might ask fir a copy of your race license). This hobby is expensive, and any little bit helps. a little off a set of tires, or buying parts at dealer cost.

I'm happy being 'sponsored' by my friends, and those that I support
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
sweeney1186

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
00 SV650 superbike
06 FJR 1300

Race results showing that you are better than the rest help.Once you have participated in some races which is an altogether different level than trackday speed & are in the usually in the top 5 depending on grid size,you can receive contingency certificates/money from your listed sponsors on stuff you actually use; ie tires,fuel,etc.All of which help defer the costs,but getting things like hotel & meals etc paid is not really found at the club (CMRA) level.Get your license & do a few races & you will be hooked,you won't care who is paying just as long as you can be on the grid waiting for the flag to drop !
CMRA # 78, Team EDS #56 F2 Endurance
sweeney1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

guys thanks for the Feed back...

switch thanks alot i will search for this Sheila Paul person.....

frank PM'd
Old 11-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #8
fluffy110

Good Luck with the sponsor thing. I'll tell you first hand that unless you have a known name, your going to have trouble.... I've taken podiums and multiple top 5 finishes in WERA national and AFM and still had trouble finding people to sponsor me...

Put together a good race resume and try as hard as you can to sell yourself....

Good Luck...
fluffy110 is offline   Reply With Quote