Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|11-11-2011, 05:04 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
HPD South Coast Fun Run to Galveston Island. Sunday November 13th.
S! MotoHouston Riders!
Houston Performance Driving will be hosting it's famous South Coast Fun Run to Galveston Island. The date will be Sunday November 13th, 2011. Come join some of some of the fastest from the "Power City" in a fun filled, high energy cruise along the Texas Gulf Coast to Historic Galveston Island. HPD is all about high performance cars, trucks, and bikes! We are looking to have a solid group of enthusiasts that can have fun, and still be safe. This will be one of the best cruises you will take all year long. If you have been on a HPD S.C.F.R. to Galveston in the past. You know it's DEEP!
I. South Coast Cruise Outline:
- South Side Meet Location: Roll in @ 10AM w/ roll out @ 12:30PM. There will be (1) meet location for this event. The location will be the Racer's Edge car wash @ 1980 Country Place Pkwy Pearland, TX 77584. While the facility sits on the access road of 288 N., you must enter the car wash from the road behind the lot. The lot is located on County Rd 94 between McHard Rd and Hughes Ranch Rd (County Rd 403). Please Google Map the address to be clear on the entry driveway. Map:
- Car Wash: The folks @ Racer's Edge will be ready for those that want to get their ride cleaned before rolling out. The cut off time for the wash is Noon. In fear of not getting through the wash and missing roll out. No new cars should be in line for the wash. However, we are very confident that the car wash staff will be able to accommodate everyone that wants a wash. Plus this way we'll all be looking good rolling down the freeway. Also Racer's Edge has a nice lounge a "club house" with couches and big screen TV. Please relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
- Safety Briefing: 15 minutes before roll out the HPD Staff will host a safety briefing on the South Coast Fun Run. It will be important for anyone going on the cruise to hear. This will be a 110% SAFE cruise. Racing of any kind will not be tolerated. Please be SAFE, be SMART, and stay SHARP!!
- Roll Out: Will be @ 12:30PM!
- Buc-eeee's Pit Stop: The cruise will stop at Buc-eeeeeeee's for fuel, refreshment, and restroom break. We will be stopping at the Buccess @ 598 East Hwy 332, Lake Jackson, TX 77566. Map:
- San Luis Pass Toll Bridge: HPD has a system that will get +300 cars through the toll bridge in 15 minutes. Tolls are $2 for each ride. The system will be explained at the south side meet location. This system has worked many times for us in the past with zero issues. Please have $2 cash, this toll bridge is not a E-Z Tag controled crossing. Your Harris County E-Z Tag will NOT work.
- The Spot: The final stop of the cruise will be at The Spot for meals and beverages @ 3204 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Texas 77550. Map:
- The Return Home: There will be no return cruise home. Once you have finished your meal or activities. Please return home at your convenience. Please be safe on your return trip home to the Houston Area, or where ever home may be.
II. Route Guide:
- Roll out @ 12:30PM from Racer's Edge.
- Make U-Turn @ McHard Rd.
- Enter 288 South to Lake Jackson.
- STOP @ Buc-eeeeeeee's in Lake Jackson.
- 332 E. to Surfside Beach.
- Turn EAST onto the Bluewater highway Country Rd 257.
- STOP @ The Spot on Galveston Island.
- Return home safely.
III. Cruise Gear:- 2 way walkie.
- Full tank of fuel.
- ID, updated inspection, and registration.
- HPD T-Shirt or Polo.
- Directions print out.
- Vid/Pic Camera.
- SeXXXy female copilot.
- Toll bridge $2.
- Lunch $$$.
IV. Cruise Safety:
Ladies and Gentlemen. This will be a 110% SAFE Fun Run to the Galveston. There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for anyone driving unsafe. If you are reported to me for being unsafe and causing danger to others. I will talk with you 1 on 1 privately. If it happens again, you will be asked to leave. We have all spent tons of $$$ and wrench time on our rides. Lets NOT mess them up because one "show-off" was trying to be cool in front of Houston's Fastest Forum.
- Do NOT drive outside of your ability.
- Do NOT show-off unsafely.
- Do NOT tailgate others.
- Do NOT shoulder pass.
- Control your passengers.
- Use signals.
- Wear seat belts.
- Keep the N20 bottles closed and the boost on low.
- Use your head.
V. Media and Event Coverage:
- High Tech Corvette will be filming the event and all the cruise action. HTC will be running around sticking cameras on cars. If you see their staff with cameras, you maybe asked to be a camera car. Help us create one of a vid.
VI. Coordinator Contact Information:
- Question or Concerns: Please contact Troy Dixon (xtc4us) on the HPD Forum or email HPDTDixon@gmail.com. Someone will get back with you ASAP.
Troy - HPD Staff.
- 09 Black C6 Z06 (Houston Stock)
- 02 Electron Blue C5 Z06 (418ci + 150 Shot)
- 11 Black Ford F-250 "BADLANDER" SD SuperCrew 4x4
Houston Performance Driving.com (HPD)
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|South Coast Fun Run to Galveston Island! Sunday July 28th, 2013!||xtc4us||Events, Meets and Rides||19||07-28-2013 05:24 PM|
|HPD's South Coast Fun Run to Galveston Island. Sunday November 11th.||xtc4us||Events, Meets and Rides||55||11-27-2012 07:57 AM|
|HPD South Coast Fun Run to Galveston Island Sunday November 13th.||xtc4us||Events, Meets and Rides||22||11-16-2011 11:42 AM|
|HPD South Coast Fun Run Pics........||ZXALAN||Events, Meets and Rides||28||03-04-2011 03:54 PM|
|South Coast Fun Run! (Galveston) Sunday Dec. 5th||greentegr6||Events, Meets and Rides||29||12-05-2010 02:16 PM|
|11-12-2011, 03:14 PM||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Experience: 10+ years
2013 BMW S1000RR
I'll be rolling this one. I rode it last year and it was a blast... Its a load of cars but it is very organized and well ran...
If you have a hot rod, bring it out...
319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, firstname.lastname@example.org w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs