MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #141
ArtistMarty
Senior Member
 
ArtistMarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,057

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse











attachmentphp?attachmentid50339&ampstc1&ampd1320687325
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	applause.gif
Views:	166
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	50339  
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ive been studying all day, time for play time.... scrapp Off Topic 29 04-12-2016 10:00 AM
A little night time help for those with babies or who have a hard time sleeping. Street Ninja Health and Fitness 11 08-26-2010 06:34 PM
What time is a good lap time at TWS (Texas World Speedway) eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 06-28-2009 12:35 PM
This time of year, especially these days, time to thank them all... Ridesmart Off Topic 6 12-05-2007 11:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #142
GABRIEL
Senior Member
 
GABRIEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SW/SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 7,182

Experience: 1-3 months











Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Shark View Post
How much does a trackday cost? And what's involved in corner working?
I buy used leathers for cheap, and have even been given gear for free from motohouston members.
Heck, I have never paid for a track day, I have always corner worked for track time. If you corner work for the day, they let you ride for your services.
If you decide you want to pay, I think they give discounts to first time riders.
www.fastlinemcs.com
Like I said, talk to tim/godzuki on here.

If you dont ride with Fast Line try Ride Smart, they give you free leather rental.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #143
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.
 
hotcknstrips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 15,696

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Trying to keep up with people is a sure fire way to get you killed.
Like somebody said, find a few guys to ride with and get comfy with your bike, might feel better in a month.
Hence the reason I told him not to follow anyone during the parade laps and ride his line. Something I noticed about him is that he was very receptive, actually paying attention at what we were telling him, but everybody crashes one time or another, time to lick your wounds and reflect, you'll get better with more time in the saddle.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am going to kiss your my friend!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #144
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.
 
hotcknstrips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 15,696

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR









Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
I'm NOT trying to bash the OP..
but IMO the lack of controlling the speed for a parade lap is putting inexperienced riders in jeopardy...

the OP is just another consequence of that, similar to the many RIP threads I see coming from group rides.

I too think the safest place to learn IS at the track!! with instruction...
Of course not, you're just trying to look smart and seasoned by picking words within a text to make the OP look bad, that's all.

We understand, low self esteem must be a to deal with.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am going to kiss your my friend!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #145
KEM
Senior Member
 
KEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 687

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Hospital bed (returned)
ZX6R monster (crashed)
Ducati SS1000DS (crashed)
SV650S (sold)






oh, BTW, there was another guy laying his bike down, and another guy running off the track, and they were not noobs
lack of controlling speed during anything put every rider in jeopardy. Riding on the track put rider in jeopardy - thats why you signing waver before you go in.
Cheese man, stepping out off your house put you in jeopardy, and it's also not safe inside - people dyeing by slipping on their bathroom floors
KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #146
ArtistMarty
Senior Member
 
ArtistMarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,057

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse









Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
Of course not, you're just trying to look smart and seasoned by picking words within a text to make the OP look bad, that's all.

We understand, low self esteem must be a to deal with.
I guess seasoning is best with "hotchickenstrips"

ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #147
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
I guess seasoning is best with "hotchickenstrips"

Man, you're one funny ...
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #148
ArtistMarty
Senior Member
 
ArtistMarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,057

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse









Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Man, you're one funny ...
you too...
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #149
KEM
Senior Member
 
KEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 687

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Hospital bed (returned)
ZX6R monster (crashed)
Ducati SS1000DS (crashed)
SV650S (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Shark View Post
Dang, y'all have been having fun since I went to sleep!

Thanks Bevo, NewRider, Trish, KEM, and everyone else who gets where I'm coming from. I didn't think this thread would start such a shitstorm
oh man, we do love to stir here ... this tread will be on top untill some one will post something about keying car for moving bike, or riding kinda ...
KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #150
sharkbait
i am delicious
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 242

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by KEM View Post
oh, BTW, there was another guy laying his bike down, and another guy running off the track, and they were not noobs
several people (at least 3) ran off the track because they came in too hot on corners, myself included. (dumb mistake i know) but all of them had the experience to straighten it up when they realized they up their line and roll off the track, then collect themselves and get back on the track. smart shark just needs more experience is all


Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
I guess seasoning is best with "hotchickenstrips"

i actually get hungry every time i see him post; i'm not kidding. i'm hungry now.
sharkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #151
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
smart shark just needs more experience is all



Experienced riders crash too, probably at least one every track day
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #152
jrock
straight shooter
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: back n H-Twn
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,684

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One








Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
j

[QUOTE=Smart Shark;3069944]I wouldn't have been there at all, if the ride had not been titled, "noob friendly". " to the wall" is what I say, only because I pushed myself and my motorcycle to the limit, in order to keep up with the group. I KNOW that if someone is uncomfortable with doing so, they should not. And the fact is that, during the high-speed part of the day, it was mostly a straight line, and I was perfectly comfortable. I "crashed" doing less than 25 miles per hour, due to me admittedly trying to hard to conform to the way others around me were riding. I understand where my mistake was made.

That being said, I'm perfectly aware of how dangerous all motorcycles are, even lil 250s. I think I can say, in all fairness, that I harbor more than my fair share of fearful respect for the machines.



Cool man. Now that U got that out the way, get more miles under ur belt and more seat time.
I lowsided at my 1st trackday and it wasnt at 25mph!! lol..
But yea. Its a constant , evergrowing learning experience every time out on a motorcycle.
Good luck
__________________
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #153
KEM
Senior Member
 
KEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 687

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Hospital bed (returned)
ZX6R monster (crashed)
Ducati SS1000DS (crashed)
SV650S (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Experienced riders crash too, probably at least one every track day
this
KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #154
obed
TMGP Pimp
 
obed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,271

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike






In one of keith code's books, I think it was twist of the wrist...
he said (paraphrased) If you are not willing to fall, don't ride.
He did not say anything about wanting to...
falling is a given in dealing with motorcyles, you either have, or you are going to... you increase your chances of falling when you do things that your survival instincts tell you to do... you grab brake ... and that causes a whole chain of events to take place...
what track days do is show how your instincts are wrong, they show what to do instead, lines to take, when to brake, when to roll on and roll off the throttle...
the fact that this young man fell down is like a "so what"...
now learn from it and get better...
nor do I think this young man is stupid nor was he foolish... things sometimes happen... and yes we can think about what he did and say he should not have done that... who among us has not done something he should not have done...
I talked with some riders who went down in the intermediate group sunday... and everyone of them told me what they did that caused them to go down...
and everyone of them did what they should not have done...they just did it with many track days under their belt... it can happen to any of us at any time...
parade laps with a control rider for each participant is not likely to happen...the cost would IMO be prohibitive... a control rider for a group is normal, but one for each rider is not...
I watched part of this particular parade, and it was not really a fast group...
in the corners they were slow and in the straights they were not fast... so to the wall is a relative statement... there was nothing unsafe about the speeds the group was going...every one in the parade lap was a licensed rider, and all had to have done highway speeds just to get there that day...
each one was more than capable of doing the laps at the speed the laps were being run... he just made a mistake... not the fault of the parade lap, or the number of control riders and not the fault of the group ride he came with... just the same thing that all of us have done at one time or another, and one we are likey to do again, maybe not his exact mistake, but being creative, we can make one of our own.
__________________
Be Free, Have Fun.... Give None, Take None
obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #155
Smart Shark
The Prodigal 250 Rider
 
Smart Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alief
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,241

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650
2006 Honda CBR600RR (RIP)
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)







Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
In one of keith code's books, I think it was twist of the wrist...
he said (paraphrased) If you are not willing to fall, don't ride.
He did not say anything about wanting to...
falling is a given in dealing with motorcyles, you either have, or you are going to... you increase your chances of falling when you do things that your survival instincts tell you to do... you grab brake ... and that causes a whole chain of events to take place...
what track days do is show how your instincts are wrong, they show what to do instead, lines to take, when to brake, when to roll on and roll off the throttle...
the fact that this young man fell down is like a "so what"...
now learn from it and get better...
nor do I think this young man is stupid nor was he foolish... things sometimes happen... and yes we can think about what he did and say he should not have done that... who among us has not done something he should not have done...
I talked with some riders who went down in the intermediate group sunday... and everyone of them told me what they did that caused them to go down...
and everyone of them did what they should not have done...they just did it with many track days under their belt... it can happen to any of us at any time...
parade laps with a control rider for each participant is not likely to happen...the cost would IMO be prohibitive... a control rider for a group is normal, but one for each rider is not...
I watched part of this particular parade, and it was not really a fast group...
in the corners they were slow and in the straights they were not fast... so to the wall is a relative statement... there was nothing unsafe about the speeds the group was going...every one in the parade lap was a licensed rider, and all had to have done highway speeds just to get there that day...
each one was more than capable of doing the laps at the speed the laps were being run... he just made a mistake... not the fault of the parade lap, or the number of control riders and not the fault of the group ride he came with... just the same thing that all of us have done at one time or another, and one we are likey to do again, maybe not his exact mistake, but being creative, we can make one of our own.
Amazingly well said.

With age, comes wisdom.
__________________
Maybe, some day, one of my vehicles will work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Hmmm the prodigal 250 rider returns...
Smart Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #156
Vegas Kid
Senior Member
 
Vegas Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,915

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50








Simoncelli just died on the track...very experienced guy.

Point is...people will go down on the track, street, dirt, or anywhere else for that matter.
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #157
sharkbait
i am delicious
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 242

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Experienced riders crash too, probably at least one every track day
i know, i meant that this specific drop *could* have happened to anyone that went off the track, and that knowing what to do in the event of grass-track was an advantage of experience
sharkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #158
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











glad you came out ok and you seem to have a good head on your shoulders about it. dont worry about certain people here that cant wait to pounce with their quasi-knowledge or half-assed reasoning behind their comments. ignore them, and they will go away. trust me. just use this experience and learn from it. as you gain experience and meet people, you will learn who to ride with and who not. i always thought the comment "only ride with people you know" to a noob was just stupid and makes no sense. your bike made it out like a champ and so did you, so dont sweat it.

look at it this way: at least you didnt loop it.

Last edited by Azylum; 11-07-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #159
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,674

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
look at it this way: at least you didnt loop it.
He's too new, but for the rest of us....

Bahahahaha!!!!
__________________
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Wilde
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #160
Lokati
Not-a-squid
 
Lokati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Spring/Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,072

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post

look at it this way: at least you didnt loop it.
I wonder how much work it would be to loop a stock kawi 250.
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy