MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Bearings on swingarm where dogbones go 2010 r6

I was taking out my lowering link dogbones on my R6 and in the holes where the bolts slide thru I noticed small pins falling out which are part of the bearings. The bearings that fell apart are on the bolt hole further toward the rear on the swingarm. How hard is it to fix this, I was having a hard time removing the old bearings. It looks like they are just in there. 2010 R6

Thanks for any help
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP! Removing dogbones on 2007 R6 DanielB How To's and Q & A's 10 07-04-2012 09:05 PM
stock 07 zx10 dogbones JoeCue Performance and Modifications 1 09-10-2009 08:49 AM
600RR: swingarm bearings removal? Unicron Motorcycles Unlimited 0 04-01-2009 05:39 PM
taking off swingarm and frame from an 03 r6 bignmz04 How To's and Q & A's 27 01-15-2008 11:37 PM
Changing Swingarm R6 Los How To's and Q & A's 16 03-09-2007 08:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

They're needle bearings. If the cage isn't damaged and you have all of the needles lightly grease them and lay them back inside of the cage. Make sure there are no gaps between the needles.
If the cage is damaged or you've lost any of the needles you'll need to replace the bearings. The old ones need to be pressed out and the new ones pressed in.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)