MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
imurdanny

Feedback Rating: (1)

Question Need help with installing a few things for 05 Gsxr

So the past few days, my bike have giving me some problem. Turns out that i need 3 things replaced.

2005 gsxr 600
1.pick up coil
2. stator
3. rectifier

If someone could guide me or help me out on installing the parts, i would really appreciate it.
imurdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
05 Gsxr 600 need help Kacool General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 11-01-2014 12:41 AM
05 gsxr trade?? dgalvan Cruisers Lounge 8 03-16-2012 04:36 PM
05 GSXR 1000 gauge mount fit 06 GSXR 600? moose2590 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 11-11-2011 10:43 AM
NEEDING HELP INSTALLING RESISTORS/ INTEGRATED TAILL LIGHT FOR 05 CBR600RR projektsol How To's and Q & A's 3 11-04-2008 10:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
mrpcrider

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
06 GSX-R1000

Stator and retifier are easy. On the left side, undo all the bolts but i recommend getting a piece of card borad and cut it out the close to the same shape of the stator. When you take the bolts out, put them in the same location so it help when putting them back. The bolt are of different lengths. Once you get all the bolt out, you will have to pull the cover hard since the coil in the stator is magnetized. I believe there are some bolts in the stator cover that holds the coil. Just pay attention on how you take it out and put back the same way. There will be some oil leaking when you removed the stator cover. Tipping the bike over the the right helps a little with the oil lost. The rectifier should be under the rear seat, simple plug and play.
mrpcrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

also should get a new gasket for cover, and dont strip any bolts out
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
TheRising
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)