MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #21
TILLA THE KILLA

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1
2000 Suzuki TLR 1000 (sold)

Send a message via MSN to TILLA THE KILLA
^^^totally agree with everything

I dread the day when the paternalistic laws start piling up. They always do when the idiot minority get the majority of press.

Fast Bike doesn't have to mean irresponsible
Harley doesn't have to mean a**hole.

Get Money
moneyinthebankc 2
TILLA THE KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sportbikers crash a lot RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 110 05-06-2010 10:12 AM
All Rap Aint Bad! pimp2303 Off Topic 17 08-20-2009 11:37 PM
2 Sportbikers from Cypress killed on Lime Creek Rd... dhdrider General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 06-21-2009 08:05 PM
Why Cruisers HATE Sportbikers FastLine Cruisers Lounge 11 03-27-2006 06:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #22
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rey
harley guys never wave.... and imo alot not all harley guys dont ride all the time their bikes just sit in their garage

cause what we call harleys is the 50 year old bike,
have to be 50 to own one
my mom was involved in the HD company in el paso,she helped sherman(owner of el paso harley shop) get his shop ouut there with all the choppers my mom had,and built,along with arlen ness,she worked with him to build bikes for her,so i came from a harley family but i guess im the outlaw.and im not 50 yet so i wont get one.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #23
TxVrod

I'm no where near 50. The other HD riders on here aren't either.

Barnett in El Paso is a great shop. Great ppl there.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:31 PM   #24
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
I'm no where near 50. The other HD riders on here aren't either.

Barnett in El Paso is a great shop. Great ppl there.

yeah it is,sherman the owner is cool,i get free rentals everytime i go back home to visit,its a chopper but its a free rental and at least i get to ride.but i think us get more hassell from the cops due to the cops also ride HD,and know the capabilitites ofthem vs. a sport bike,and if you check stats,there are more sportbike deaths/accidents than HD bikes,and it is all concluded to speed factor(from what they say) seems like every accident involving a sport bike is caused by going to fast.so for that reason that is why we get the end of the stick,and more chicks.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #25
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
we have a bad reputation cause we are not scured to meet our maker lol...
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:33 PM   #26
TxVrod

EP is my home town but I don't really like it there and no longer have any family to visit there, which is fine by me.

Is it still the "World's Largest" HD Dealer?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #27
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

yes it is,im origianlly from EP also.now im in houston though,ive been there for 28 yrs then left to houston and being at 32 now,but i visist family there when possible.where do you grow up at?school and all,i grew up in central,i went to austin high,and burgess,but i drove by loretto academy for the girls,but i also lived in NE,and by eastwood high.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #28
TxVrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick
yes it is,im origianlly from EP also.now im in houston though,ive been there for 28 yrs then left to houston and being at 32 now,but i visist family there when possible.where do you grow up at?school and all,i grew up in central,i went to austin high,and burgess,but i drove by loretto academy for the girls,but i also lived in NE,and by eastwood high.
I only lived there until I was 5. My grandparents - who I visited the most - lived right down the street from MacArthur and very close to Burgess. So, when I was there (and, believe me, I was there A LOT) those were my stomping grounds. My cousins lived there for a long time and both Graduated Coronado.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #29
rick
R.I.P. "B"

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750

what years ? i have friends that lived right there by mcarthur,well at least its good to see a fellow el pasoan on here.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:53 AM   #30
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
You know.. I always get waved at, it doesn't matter what kind of bike I'm on or what kind of bike they are on.. I'm talking like 90%+ of the time.

You all just aren't far enough out in the woods =)
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:26 AM   #31
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
+1^^^
I get waves out on the E.side all the time ( 90%). When I ride the North side and S.W. it seems like peoples perceptions change. Even the cops look at you different.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:37 AM   #32
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
+1^^^
I get waves out on the E.side all the time ( 90%). When I ride the North side and S.W. it seems like peoples perceptions change. Even the cops look at you different.
Yup, people on the east side are nicer =)
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:59 AM   #33
zero_cool

Member Garage

sportbikers are on bad terms with cops for one cause they know the average rider is breaking some sort of law 90% of the time they're on thier bike and theres usually not a pig around to do anything about it. i'd say most all other sportbike haters are either jealous turds or wussies too scared to ride and take a chance on thier spouse getting to cash in on that life insurance policy.

Advertisement