MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2006, 11:27 AM   #21
falxzzr

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Send a message via AIM to falxzzr Send a message via MSN to falxzzr
davec you and your gun!! haha

i got no kickass sig :(
falxzzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2006, 12:02 PM   #22
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
I've been pulled over 3 times on the bike so far, pulled over each time. 2 times got let go and the other time got a ticket.

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:31 PM   #23
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'but I will sometimes moderate the speed depending on how they 'act,' "

This is what me off. Why do some cops think they're the 'moral' police. Either write me a ticket or let me go. F@#% your personality judgements.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #24
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974

This is what me off. Why do some cops think they're the 'moral' police. Either write me a ticket or let me go. F@#% your personality judgements.
I do the same. Your talk about my momma, I write you for the speed I actually clocked you at. You act like you have some sense, I knock off 15 mph so that you can take defensive driving. Simple as that.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #25
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:

I learned a long time ago.............a smile and "Yes Sir, No Sir" goes a long way. I agree with you but, I'll stick to what works and be later.:laughing6
Old 11-16-2006, 12:43 PM   #26
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

I love the guy that says "paper tags normally mean know insurance or endorsement. but I don't profile" WTF did you just say? He is stereotyping and he doesnt even know it. If you are a good cop and you read this I'm sorry but I have only met a handful of good cops, the rest are PIGS. I speed everywhere I go and I speed in anything that will go faster then the other people on the road. And I pay for it. BUT its a different story when I'm on the bike, I got a ticked in the truck going 111 in a 55 (on my way home from fort hood when i was in the military for thxgiving) and the good cop wrote me a speeding ticket and warned me about going to jail and all that , I go 95 in a 65 on my bike and the *PIG* gives me 5 tickets (4 of which the court dismissed b/c they were BS the only one they got me on was speeding). Makes me think twice about stopping when I'm on the bike... maybe it was a good cop and a pig, maybe it was the same cop only I was on a bike once so he was a and i was a soldier on his way home in a truck once so he was a good cop??? I'll never know...
Old 11-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #27
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
I do the same. Your talk about my momma, I write you for the speed I actually clocked you at. You act like you have some sense, I knock off 15 mph so that you can take defensive driving. Simple as that.
I've never been an a-hole to a police officer. I respect them for doing their job.

I did refuse to answer an incriminating question once - the cop freaked out and started being a (called all over Texas looking for warrants, cursed me out, checked every nut & bolt on my bike, threatened to tow my bike and arrest me). I didn't say a word. Wrote me a ticket and I was on my way.

This was a METRO bike cop - BTW. Wears a Harley do-rag under his helmet. Go figure.

Last edited by MadseasoN; 11-16-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #28
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
+1 I could care less what you have to say about how my parents raised me and how im not going to pay off my bike before i die and we are all the same and on and on and on.... either be a good cop and tell me im wrong and i will do the yes sir no sir or be a pig and I'll see you in court.
----edited
or I wont see you in court b/c you dont wana be there when my lawyer proves that you are full of and only wrote me several tickets bc i didnt suck you !
Old 11-16-2006, 12:53 PM   #29
andre3k
I see dead people...

Stereotyping and profiling are different. I can pick any intersection in Houston and pick out cars that I think don't have insurance or maybe even a DL. It's blatant profiling becuase it deals with certain groups of people and the vehicles those people tend to drive. But do I act on those assumptions...in short No.

Short scenario here. I'm on the street running plates. I have 1 2006 Lexus ES350 with a beautiful, business type, female behind the wheel. The car next to her is a 1979 Chevy Caprice with a bag covering the side window and and about 8 people inside. I choose to run the latter vehicle, and wow its shows and expired registration and 4 city warrants, that match the registered owner. Now Have I just profiled?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #30
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
Stereotyping and profiling are different. I can pick any intersection in Houston and pick out cars that I think don't have insurance or maybe even a DL. It's blatant profiling becuase it deals with certain groups of people and the vehicles those people tend to drive. But do I act on those assumptions...in short No.

Short scenario here. I'm on the street running plates. I have 1 2006 Lexus ES350 with a beautiful, business type, female behind the wheel. The car next to her is a 1979 Chevy Caprice with a bag covering the side window and and about 8 people inside. I choose to run the latter vehicle, and wow its shows and expired registration and 4 city warrants, that match the registered owner. Now Have I just profiled?
No, I'd do the same thing.

However, the fact that 8 people are in one car and the condition of the car probably means they don't have much money, probably haven't kept up the insurance/reg on the car, and may have warrants because they can't pay tickets. I guess it might be considered stereotyping. Just because people look poor doesn't mean they are.

Last edited by MadseasoN; 11-16-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #31
BrutusTx

Member Garage

See, if you did that with bikes..............all the guy's riding 600's would be getting tickets!!!!! squids!!
Old 11-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #32
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

thats not what we are talking about... we are talking about bikes... its easy to pic between a lexus and a beat up caprice... what about a sport touring bike and a sport bike? both clean look new and fully geared so you can see their age for color or anything... its the only bikes you have seen all day and for that matter the only plates you will get to run all day and they are both going 85 down the freeway one if left lane one in far right... which one do you go after?
Old 11-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #33
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

my point exactly... you dont even have to answer.

that closes my thoughts on this thread

1poke

thats how I feel about cops.. they just wanna mess with me...
Old 11-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #34
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
thats not what we are talking about... we are talking about bikes... its easy to pic between a lexus and a beat up caprice... what about a sport touring bike and a sport bike? both clean look new and fully geared so you can see their age for color or anything... its the only bikes you have seen all day and for that matter the only plates you will get to run all day and they are both going 85 down the freeway one if left lane one in far right... which one do you go after?
Most people can't distinguish between different types of bikes. They think if it has a plastic body then it's a "crotch rocket".

Funny thing is, the cop that gave me a hard time kinda changed his attitude once he saw I had everything in order and that I was 32 years old. So maybe age has something to do with it in this case???? I think this particular officer has 'stereotypist' all over him.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #35
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
No, I'd do the same thing.
Exactly, most people would. Most officers profile in the manner listed above. Now RACIAL PROFILING, is against the law. Racial profiling is...4 mexicans in a truck........lets go stop them and then see what I can find. Or 5 black guys in Cadillac, so lets stop them and see if they have a DL or insurance. It's basically stopping someone based on race alone and not probable cause.

But many people think that if youre minority with a traffic infraction and get stopped anyway the officer is racial profiling.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #36
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Most people can't distinguish between different types of bikes. They think if it has a plastic body then it's a "crotch rocket".

Funny thing is, the cop that gave me a hard time kinda changed his attitude once he saw I had everything in order and that I was 32 years old. So maybe age has something to do with it in this case???? I think this particular officer has 'stereotypist' all over him.
You ought to see the additude change when I take off my helmet:laughing6
Old 11-16-2006, 01:10 PM   #37
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
You ought to see the additude change when I take off my helmet:laughing6
They always think it's some 'punk kid' until the helmet comes off.

My instructor at the MSF class told me about a friend of his (who is 55 years old) that was stopped on the way to San Antonio. The guy was doing over 100mph. The cop pulled him over and said that he'd been trying to pull him over for the last 10 miles. Took him to jail with an evading charge.

So.... I guess it doesn't *always* work. :icon_bigg
Old 11-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #38
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
They always think it's some 'punk kid' until the helmet comes off.
So.... I guess it doesn't *always* work. :icon_bigg
Nope, I got a HUGE lecture about running a red light on the Busa and the usual "will it really go that fast?" from a popo about your age
Still got a $245 ticket!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 01:53 PM   #39
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
I love the guy that says "paper tags normally mean know insurance or endorsement. but I don't profile" WTF did you just say? He is stereotyping and he doesnt even know it. If you are a good cop and you read this I'm sorry but I have only met a handful of good cops, the rest are PIGS. I speed everywhere I go and I speed in anything that will go faster then the other people on the road.
so spanky, of all these tickets how many were you really guilty off?

Quote:

no motorcycle lic. -
Unsafe lane change -
No red reflector -
No inspection sticker -
95/65 -

remember it called double jeopardy, you can't be charged w/ teh same offense 2x, so you can tell us the truth.........
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:56 PM   #40
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:

so you are 32 and have everything in order? ok? im 23 with everything in order... but that doesnt matter bc the cop doesnt know that I run a business and own a house and 3 vehicles and am one of the most responsible 23 year olds out there, he knows i am 23, on a sport bike, speeding, and im not going to give him a reach around while he writes my ticket so when you are speeding on your sport bike you get let off for being old? that is my point... I cant wait to be old so I can get off easier, maybe i should die my hair gray and put a "Combat Infantry Badge" and "Veteran or foreign war" sticker on my bike (I am a vofw im not joking) then i would get off more? screw that! I'll just see them in court.

Advertisement