MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2006, 11:06 AM   #41
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by falxzzr
that looks like the universes . :(
actually its just a few stars and the bright red one has a "Halo" forming around it. That cloud is kinda like the rings of jupiter or saturn but dust and gases round that star....
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hubble Deep Field: A Mental Mindfuck Blanco Off Topic 22 08-22-2012 02:26 PM
OOOH MY ! PLEASE BUDDAH!! PLEASE !!... Azylum Off Topic 11 04-04-2012 04:24 PM
Hubble 3D Imax Scorpio Off Topic 9 03-24-2010 07:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2006, 11:12 AM   #42
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
Aliens??? WTF!!! You watch too much sci-fi


Maybe this will help explain things?

Alien Jesus





Compromise?
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:19 AM   #43
scrapp
I need earplugs.
 
scrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milky Way Galaxy -------------------------------
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,208












Send a message via AIM to scrapp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
Aliens??? WTF!!! You watch too much sci-fi

ghosts are fake . as much as I wish there was, theres nothing supernatural.
But aliens? yes, THERE HAS TO BE, with so many MANYYY galaxies out there, there HAS to be some 500to1 chance that SOMEWHERE some planet got lucky enough to be placed at the right spot from another sun, and was able to evolve life. (but what if they dont even need a sun to evolve life, what if thats just our weak system?)
man...just thinking about it, I want to see those people/things, SOMEWHERE entitiys are living fulls lives and we might never know about it.

but then theres so many variations, what constitues life? what if the other creatures are mearly orbs of matter? they communicate and create structures, but are not a physical entitiy like us. what if they breath off a type of air that is not like ours.

And then gravity, what if they dont have one like ours, what if they like it so heavy it would break our weak spines, or what if they have to live with a gravity where when you jump, you go off 8feet? Im sure that affects their transportation, no motorcycles for them
And I will admit. Thinking about stuff like this, and looking at what is out in space...it has the reverse affect of religion on me like arturo
__________________
tanksig2
They told me to go play in traffic, so I bought a motorcycle.
RC51 1000R
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:22 AM   #44
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,561

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer
Im a christian.

I beleive science is right in most of not all findings.

I think alot of christians are too narrow minded and interpret the bible wrong.

I beleive when said he created the earth in seven days..... he wasnt lying....but to him... just how long is a day? Im thinking millions of years. I mean hes .... hes been around forever, and will continue to be around. Im sure he made everything else WAY before earth.... after all, he made earth and man because he was lonely.
Good post. I mean the Bible says a thousand years to man is like a day to . I just know you can't get something from nothing. gave us all the materials to make all of the things you see around us. Man has done alot of incredible things but he ain't ever created ANYTHING. just speaks it and it is done.
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #45
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Good post. I mean the Bible says a thousand years to man is like a day to . I just know you can't get something from nothing. gave us all the materials to make all of the things you see around us. Man has done alot of incredible things but he ain't ever created ANYTHING. just speaks it and it is done.


I REAAAAAAALLY don't want to get into a discussion, but where do you believe came from?


It's becomes the whole chicken and the egg thing, eh?
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:33 AM   #46
scrapp
I need earplugs.
 
scrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milky Way Galaxy -------------------------------
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,208












Send a message via AIM to scrapp
maybe if your you have a whole diffrent perspective, but me, i would be lonely, I would be creating people equal to me, who I could talk to and hang out with. I would make the earth our own playground, where we lived on it for eternity, no pollution, no death and destruction. just a huge parridise world.
do you really have to have people worshiping you to feel good about yourself?
thats not supposed to be negative, because I understand, the creator, you should love and respect him for what he has done for you, and I assume thats the whole point of heaven. show yourself worthy through this shithole we call life, and your allowed onto the "paridise world" or heaven.

question is, how many servers does heaven have, because there has been alot of people, and will continue to be some.
__________________
tanksig2
They told me to go play in traffic, so I bought a motorcycle.
RC51 1000R
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #47
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,561

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







[QUOTE=ArturoC]I REAAAAAAALLY don't want to get into a discussion, but where do you believe came from?


It's becomes the whole chicken and the egg thing, eh?[/QUOTE

He was just here. Something our human minds can't comprehend. It even says in the Bible that our smartest thinkers and scientist ideas are like foolishness to 's wisdom.

Look at it this way take a wristwatch and slam it into the ground busting it into hudreds of pieces(the big bang) and let it evolve for millions of years will that watch ever become a watch again? No way it is ridiculous to think so.

Also consider the human eye which is the most sophisticated camera lense ever concieved just comes about by time there is no way. It had to have an intelligent designer just like the watch did. Things complicated to engineer do not just happen because of time. It takes planning and thought from a creator.
gixxerbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #48
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
He was just here. Something our human minds can't comprehend. It even says in the Bible that our smartest thinkers and scientist ideas are like foolishness to 's wisdom.

Look at it this way take a wristwatch and slam it into the ground busting it into hudreds of pieces(the big bang) and let it evolve for millions of years will that watch ever become a watch again? No way it is ridiculous to think so.

Also consider the human eye which is the most sophisticated camera lense ever concieved just comes about by time there is no way. It had to have an intelligent designer just like the watch did. Things complicated to engineer do not just happen because of time. It takes planning and thought from a creator.


Ahhh.. K thanks.
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:34 AM   #49
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon
 
Ramius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where I didda
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,232


Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater









Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
I REAAAAAAALLY don't want to get into a discussion, but where do you believe came from?


It's becomes the whole chicken and the egg thing, eh?

Thats an argument used by non-believers often, because they feel they have the right and the ability to know everything about everything but the simple truth is, you can't.

There _could_ be something above , we don't know, but as far as we are concerned, he is the Alpha and Omega. Think about it like this, you hold a job someplace.. and you know that your job is part of a bigger national corporation. You know where you are, and you know where the president of your company is, and even though you've never seen him, or heard him speak, you know that somewhere out there is a person who is over ALL of the locations for where you work. You know he's there because the company wouldn't exist without him.

As you do your job day in and day out sometimes you forget about him, and think only about whats going on inside your own building, but from time to time you take a plane ride at night, and you look across the city and see all the lights lit up and begin to think "How many of these lights is he over.. and this is one city.. we have the whole nation to consider"

This one person, who is over every building in every city for that company that you work for.. this person might have someone that he reports to, but.. it doesn't matter. All that matters is that he's at the top of your food chain, and you work for him and no nobody else.

Now, expand that out to galactic proportions and you have just understood the principal of and the question you brought up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:21 AM   #50
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Thats an argument used by non-believers often, because they feel they have the right and the ability to know everything about everything but the simple truth is, you can't.
... and that is often used by believers who don't want or try to understand our origins. (proof or existence of is irrelevant to this)


Quote:
There _could_ be something above , we don't know, but as far as we are concerned, he is the Alpha and Omega. Think about it like this, you hold a job someplace.. and you know that your job is part of a bigger national corporation. You know where you are, and you know where the president of your company is, and even though you've never seen him, or heard him speak, you know that somewhere out there is a person who is over ALL of the locations for where you work. You know he's there because the company wouldn't exist without him.

As you do your job day in and day out sometimes you forget about him, and think only about whats going on inside your own building, but from time to time you take a plane ride at night, and you look across the city and see all the lights lit up and begin to think "How many of these lights is he over.. and this is one city.. we have the whole nation to consider"

This one person, who is over every building in every city for that company that you work for.. this person might have someone that he reports to, but.. it doesn't matter. All that matters is that he's at the top of your food chain, and you work for him and no nobody else.

Now, expand that out to galactic proportions and you have just understood the principal of and the question you brought up.

Ahh, but there are witnesses that he exists and if I wanted, I could schedule a meeting with him.. Send an email and get a response.. etc. He _is_ verifiable. He may be the head of the company but he isn't necessarily the creator of the company.
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:35 AM   #51
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon
 
Ramius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where I didda
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,232


Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater









Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
... and that is often used by believers who don't want or try to understand our origins. (proof or existence of is irrelevant to this)





Ahh, but there are witnesses that he exists and if I wanted, I could schedule a meeting with him.. Send an email and get a response.. etc. He _is_ verifiable. He may be the head of the company but he isn't necessarily the creator of the company.

I don't know.. I think I'd have an easier time meeting face to face, than scheduling a lunch with a member of the Hearst family (head of my company). :P

But you are right also, he might not be the creator of the company but it all comes back to "It doesn't matter, he's your boss and thats all that counts". Not wanting to understand your origins isn't really a part of it, it's more about trust. You can ponder where came from, and if you read the Bible you can find some clues to where he came from.. and it's fine to ask where He came from.. all of this is ok so long as you Trust in Him that He is right.. instead of asking these things in a vindictive manner. Think about the student asking his teacher in order to learn, vs a prosecuting attourney questioning a witness in order to convict them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy