Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #21
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Please re-read OP. He said driver turned into left lane, and stopped. Nothing about turning left in front of group. Just wanted to point that out.

Hope those involved make it through without further pain or injury.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple Riders down Galveston morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 08-22-2009 12:08 PM
Multiple Riders Down - Beltway 8 N 97Octane General Discussion (Moto Related) 203 02-26-2009 02:30 AM
Group of riders on N. Hwy 6 @ 10am Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-05-2006 04:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #22
babymilo36
(งಠ‿ಠ)ง

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 Grom

Member Garage

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #23
Jefe

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'12 Haro Flightline 29er
'09 R6 (sold)
'07 V-Star 1100 Custom (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)

, I hope everybody will be ok. Speedy recovery.......
Old 10-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #24
Vegas Kid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51rider View Post
I think I'm the only one who got that!!!!!
Yeah, the wise tmax.
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #25
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #26
venmichaels

maybe tht was on the phone or texting.
shoulda reported her
venmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:16 AM   #27
Scorch
Born to Run

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 650
1990 Suzuki DR250S
1986 Suzuki GV1200 Madura
1975 Suzuki GT380

Quote:
Originally Posted by venmichaels View Post
maybe tht was on the phone or texting.
shoulda reported her

This guy did just that and look where it got him.

Lol, oh, that was you
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:29 AM   #28
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
If she ran...yeah she deserved that at a minimum. Thats Hit and Run, vehicular homicide and tackling her is a form of Self Defense...Find me judge or jury that would have pity on her after that.
Homicide? No one died here.. at least anywhere stated in the thread... jeeez grad a donut already and chill!!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:35 AM   #29
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

i seen the carnage on my way home, it looked pretty gruesome with all of the bikes and people laying in the median receiving attention.

I did notice a black vest with some white design of sorts on the back.

i also noticed one distinct bike, a Baby Blue and White Busa, stretched to and back, some baggers and various other types of bikes.

i was wandering why there was one person in the median a 1/4 mile from where the others were, the one person did not appear to be receiving medical attention from ems/emt personel
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:35 AM   #30
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

i"d be
Old 10-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #31
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
If she ran...yeah she deserved that at a minimum. Thats Hit and Run, vehicular homicide and tackling her is a form of Self Defense...Find me judge or jury that would have pity on her after that.
Ummm hit and run?? How do you figure? Person in FRONT is never at fault.

And no... Physical beating would be inappropriate and unlawful, and will be punishable when it gets sorted out. Tackling her is not defensive. Geez your such a hothead dude! Guess that's why we have juries and lawyers.

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #32
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
The person in front can be at fault. I rear ended a car getting off the freeway once. They immediately swerved into the far right lane and nailed the brakes. I hit him about 10ft before the double white line ended. Because of his unsafe and illegal multiple lane changes he was found at fault.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:49 AM   #33
plummer
dude

Bike(s):
k8 600
k13 600

Did she really get "tackled" and "drug from her car"??? If so. Pieces of imo. She should learn how to drive but that doesn't give ANYONE the right to get physical about it.
plummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #34
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by plummer View Post
Did she really get "tackled" and "drug from her car"??? If so. Pieces of imo. She should learn how to drive but that doesn't give ANYONE the right to get physical about it.
Right. Maybe her car failed mechanically... or she killed it with the clutch or something...?

She might have been frightened too...

Old 10-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #35
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess View Post
The person in front can be at fault. I rear ended a car getting off the freeway once. They immediately swerved into the far right lane and nailed the brakes. I hit him about 10ft before the double white line ended. Because of his unsafe and illegal multiple lane changes he was found at fault.
You're right. I was being too general.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #36
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
I wrote, "It appeared she was the fifth one down, tackled in the median a quarter mile up the road". And as a general rule, if you don't remove someone from their car and tackle them, how do you define how you would be able to stop a hit and run driver from fleeing the scene? Hold them with mind control? And what when they start to fight back, just say, "Sorry" and walk away? I have no idea what actually happened, but if she were actually running away, she deserves to be restrained in keeping with her actions to free herself from restraint and prosecution for her actions. It's commonly referred to as a citizen's arrest, I think.

But, it appeared she had been removed from the car, and was being restrained in the median. Not beaten or bloodied, just peacefully restrained, as if care was being given to keep her from moving. At first I thought they were caring for another downed rider.

And, for all those who think this was some sort of biker boys thug racially retarded hate mongering group, it was not. These were custom $30k+ show bikes, most with custom paint jobs and extensive modification, with a very calm and cool group of riders who were collected and helpful at the scene.

As far as what caused the accident, the direct quote I heard was, "the lady in the black car came from there (pointing east at a cross street), turned left in front of us as we came over the crest of the hill (pointed into the left lane of the northbound divided highway), then she just stopped for no reason. Everyone hit the brakes. Then she sped up like she was trying to run, but we chased her down."

For all I know the driver realized the impending accidents in her mirrors and just hit the gas to get out of the way. If she had really tried to flee the scene at all costs, she would have gotten a whole lot farther than she did.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #37
plummer
dude

Bike(s):
k8 600
k13 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
I wrote, "It appeared she was the fifth one down, tackled in the median a quarter mile up the road". And as a general rule, if you don't remove someone from their car and tackle them, how do you define how you would be able to stop a hit and run driver from fleeing the scene? Hold them with mind control? And what when they start to fight back, just say, "Sorry" and walk away? I have no idea what actually happened, but if she were actually running away, she deserves to be restrained in keeping with her actions to free herself from restraint and prosecution for her actions. It's commonly referred to as a citizen's arrest, I think.

But, it appeared she had been removed from the car, and was being restrained in the median. Not beaten or bloodied, just peacefully restrained, as if care was being given to keep her from moving. At first I thought they were caring for another downed rider.

And, for all those who think this was some sort of biker boys thug racially retarded hate mongering group, it was not. These were custom $30k+ show bikes, most with custom paint jobs and extensive modification, with a very calm and cool group of riders who were collected and helpful at the scene.

As far as what caused the accident, the direct quote I heard was, "the lady in the black car came from there (pointing east at a cross street), turned left in front of us as we came over the crest of the hill (pointed into the left lane of the northbound divided highway), then she just stopped for no reason. Everyone hit the brakes. Then she sped up like she was trying to run, but we chased her down."

For all I know the driver realized the impending accidents in her mirrors and just hit the gas to get out of the way. If she had really tried to flee the scene at all costs, she would have gotten a whole lot farther than she did.

I wasn't quoting you directly Sry. Read all the posts and came to my own conclusion. I agree if someone is trying to run you have to do what you have to do...like get the license plate # and call the police. Though once she stopped....I think reaching into car and pulling the keys instead would be just as effective as restraining her.
plummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #38
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
I wasn't quoting you directly Sry. Read all the posts and came to my own conclusion. I agree if someone is trying to run you have to do what you have to do...like get the license plate # and call the police. Though once she stopped....I think reaching into car and pulling the keys instead would be just as effective as restraining her.
Good point. My brool story co: I have gone for the keys twice. Once a drunk driver about to cause mayhem, another for an illegal alien gang member attempting to abduct his daughter and drive her across the border into Mexico, literally grabbing her from his restraining order-in-hand ex-wife at a chilis in Del Rio. Scary, going thru that guys window to pull the keys. Luckily, cops arrived within 30 seconds, so we didn't have to get physical. Can't get far without your keys.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #39
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
read all the posts and came to my own conclusion....
Sorry to pile on...

I'm sure I did the same at the scene and am probably way off on what happened....
Old 10-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #40
__NATE__

Bike(s):
07 Hayabusa
Honda Crf 450
TTR 90
Yami PW 50

Keep an eye on the news maybe something will come out...
~~When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.~~~THIS IS MY BUSA THEIR ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS IS MINE! WITH OUT MY BUSA I'M A CAGER!~~~
__NATE__ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement