MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #61
scheinertr9
Get a - job Al

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'09 Interceptor

nevermind he rides a gixxer
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hwy 290 east bound shut jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 06-30-2013 10:18 PM
Moto vs cager Hwy 6 & West rd. ekfraz General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 05-17-2009 05:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #62
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post

metter maids are the new heroes
They must be if they have their own show.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #63
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #64
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
Divisions in a police department, how do they work?
think he just wants one big- homicide dept. looking for murderers, lol.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #65
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
think he just wants one big- homicide dept. looking for murderers, lol.
And they should not rest until they find Tupac and Biggie's murderer!

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 10-23-2011, 12:22 AM   #66
ZaXoS

Bike(s):
R1100S
GSX-R
VFR 750
Africa Twin (XRV-750)
CB750-k1

No doubt the speed trap was revenue intended.
But why people compare what happens in other places? Reminds me when people say weed is legal in Holland......yes it is but there are rules and you can get arrested as well. It is also a life sentence in Turkey........so what's the point of reference exactly?
You are in Texas, not an autobahn country. If you were in Germany you would be required other restrictions. Including $1500 in mandatory lessons plus about a month to pass your driving exams since you need 3 driving test being followed for 30 minutes and one of them has to be in rainy conditions. So we are dealing with different situations and with people that know how to drive.
I would rather see people being pulled over for sudden lane changes or for not yielding to 2 wheeled vehicles as the law states. Give thousands of tickets for that daily and i'll never complain.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:27 AM   #67
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
Perhaps a Gixxer Division where Gixxer riders are pulled over for doing dumb ? Too much?
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #68
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheinertr9 View Post
so you're saying pulling me over for going 18mph over is equally if not more important then finding a murderer or other criminal? i must have it all backwards cuz i thought traffic cops were pretty useless. i guess those meter maids are stopping a lot of crime. i guess sarcasm isn't in your vocabulary too.

if you believe those cops are writing tickets for anything other than revenue, you sir, are an idiot. just sayin'
People speed, speed causes wrecks, wrecks cause deaths. What everyone else is trying to say is that there is a police dept created specifically for this reason. Meter maids stopping crime? Statements like this are typical for people that don't have solid facts and are just trying to use statements that sound ludicrous to falsely "beef" up their argument. Meter maids don't "stop crime". Traffic cops don't "stop crime" but they sure do scan a portion of the public that is driving with expired licenses, warrants, no insurance (which you might care about the day you're in a fender bender and the dude tries to run), and every now and then they get lucky and stop someone that is very likely to have commited a crime and is actively being looked for.

Does it you off because they get you for doing 10 over the limit? Sure sounds like it. If your best argument is that giving you a ticket for going over the speed limit is more important that finding a criminal, then your logic is seriously flawed. Speed limits are posted for a reason. I could care less what the speed limit and accident frequency is on the Autobahn. I'm more interested in that teenage punk squeeling his tires down my street or those jackasses exiting the freeway trying to zip around everyone then slamming their brakes to cut over at the last minute. A very postitve side effect for their department of this type of behavior IS revenue. Why would the NOT persue it?

Follow the posted limit and you'll be fine. Speed and you run the risk of donating your time and money to the city. Not to difficult, right? That is what this department was created for. Crime, drugs, warrants, murders... there are other departments created for that and I'm sure those cops are out there doing their jobs too. I'm not a cop basher and I'm not a cop nutswinger by any means, but your logic is so flawed, I just had to say something. I doubt it'll help though LOL... Anyway, carry on.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:44 AM   #69
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

FTP!

I bet not one "real" criminal has ever been arrested, not one gang member documented, no narcotics seized, crime solved , or crime deterred as a result of a traffic stop.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #70
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
People speed, speed causes wrecks, wrecks cause deaths. What everyone else is trying to say is that there is a police dept created specifically for this reason. Meter maids stopping crime? Statements like this are typical for people that don't have solid facts and are just trying to use statements that sound ludicrous to falsely "beef" up their argument. Meter maids don't "stop crime". Traffic cops don't "stop crime" but they sure do scan a portion of the public that is driving with expired licenses, warrants, no insurance (which you might care about the day you're in a fender bender and the dude tries to run), and every now and then they get lucky and stop someone that is very likely to have commited a crime and is actively being looked for.

Does it you off because they get you for doing 10 over the limit? Sure sounds like it. If your best argument is that giving you a ticket for going over the speed limit is more important that finding a criminal, then your logic is seriously flawed. Speed limits are posted for a reason. I could care less what the speed limit and accident frequency is on the Autobahn. I'm more interested in that teenage punk squeeling his tires down my street or those jackasses exiting the freeway trying to zip around everyone then slamming their brakes to cut over at the last minute. A very postitve side effect for their department of this type of behavior IS revenue. Why would the NOT persue it?

Follow the posted limit and you'll be fine. Speed and you run the risk of donating your time and money to the city. Not to difficult, right? That is what this department was created for. Crime, drugs, warrants, murders... there are other departments created for that and I'm sure those cops are out there doing their jobs too. I'm not a cop basher and I'm not a cop nutswinger by any means, but your logic is so flawed, I just had to say something. I doubt it'll help though LOL... Anyway, carry on.

I mean, there is no place for common sense here, can you please gtfo....
Old 10-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #71
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post

I mean, there is no place for common sense here, can you please gtfo....
Old 10-23-2011, 02:31 AM   #72
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GT Performer

Quote:
nevermind he rides a gixxer
Old 10-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #73
NewRider

Bike(s):

Happy Birfday Helios!

That's all I got.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 10-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #74
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
so you're saying pulling me over for going 18mph over is equally if not more important then finding a murderer or other criminal? i must have it all backwards cuz i thought traffic cops were pretty useless. i guess those meter maids are stopping a lot of crime. i guess sarcasm isn't in your vocabulary too.

if you believe those cops are writing tickets for anything other than revenue, you sir, are an idiot. just sayin'
Ahhh here we go. If one wanted you could catch plenty of "criminals" by simply running traffic. Traffic enforcement is the basis for highway drug interdiction. When you read news stories about motherloads being seized and other large drugs busts they usually come from simple traffic stops. Any intel gathered from the driver or mule is passed on to another division or agency which handles high level drug cases, so on and so on.

Criminals travel by vehicle. You stop a person for doing 18 over, run their name an dl and find find out the are an agg robbery suspect from anywhere, usa.

Stop a vehicle for expired registration and soon as the window is rolled down you have weed smoke pouring out the window. Some guy that runs an insurance business as you find out like to smoke weed on his lunch break. Since you couldn't observe his driving behavior long enough to get a DUI case you book him possession of marijuana.

You stop a vehicle for impeding traffic at westpark / 59. No drivers license, no insurance, just a Guatemalan consulate ID and a smile. Just the person you want rear ending your motorcycle.

Get my drift now?

Last edited by andre3k; 10-23-2011 at 07:32 AM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #75
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Happy Birfday Helios!

That's all I got.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #76
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Don't ask me how I know

They had about 6 people pulled over and pulled over about 5 more while I was waiting...
didja play the race card?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #77
Danzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post

The amazing thing is that the majority of the time a single speeding ticket turns into no dl, no insurance, expired stickers, kids riding unsecured, weed in the ashtray, dope under the seat, warrants for unpaid child support, people with a mexican/guatemalan/el salvador/honduras consulate id and no Texas DL but yet they seem to get some bootleg insurance.

This is the same stuff that people on here cry about every day when they get hit and the drivers runs or if they do manage to stay they have no dl and insurance.

Cool i dig it. Now once you see that I'm just some working stiff with my valid DL and all my kids buckled just send me down the road. Traffic cops suck. You can go to any bad neighbor hood and everybody knows who the the bad people are sept for the police. Police don't catch the bad guy they just wait for him to get ratted on.

One more thing most of your bad criminal types aren't on I10 from 2-6 in the afternoon traffic during the week.(Thems called worken folk) If you interest was really catching the bad guys they are out at night. You scaredy cats would have to work when the bad guys work. Really a simple idea.
Danzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #78
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

hmmm.........if i'm a person carrying drugs, do i wanna drive in no traffic or surround myself w/ alot of other cars?

hmmm........

please stick to selling your 10 y.o. dirt bike. you're sounding aweful stoopid.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:41 AM   #79
Danzilla

Drugs? I never said anything about drugs. Have you ever got a ticket from the cops who flag down traffic? They don't look for drugs, they just wright you your ticket and move on to the next guy. Glad you being the drug trafficking expert set me straight.

Oh and I already sold that 10 year old dirt bike (I guess selling a ten year old dirt bike makes me un kooool)? Just because I don't post on here non stop with my life story and list all my toys doesn't make me stupid. Most of my friends are in real time you should try it some time.

By the way I also have a road bike 2010 KTM 990 SMT and a 2005 KTM 250 xc dirt bike but I don't think that makes me any cooler than the guy who is selling his ten year old dirt bike. Or rides a Honda Rebel 250. Thinking less of someone because of possessions make you a person.
Danzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #80
tookerks
R1FTW

Bike(s):
2011 R1
2010 HD Fat Bob (sold)
2001 ZX6E (sold)

I work on highway 6. Those cops are there all the time. Be careful and assume they are there.
tookerks is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement