Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2006, 07:42 AM   #41
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Having a 1K is not about top speed. It's about the low end and mid range hit. It's torque, to get you out of anything. I do a lot of 500 mile days, and a 600 is just too busy and wears you down. The 1K is much easier to ride, and effortless. Advantages to both sizes, but if you only have 1 bike, a 1K or 750 are the most versatile choices
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
it felt good pester Off Topic 0 03-26-2013 08:44 PM
felt like venting SteveohhXdank Off Topic 55 09-22-2011 03:40 PM
EVER FELT LIKE THIS???? FastLine Off Topic 9 11-11-2006 09:36 AM
wonder how this musta felt the day after... flip326 Off Topic 12 06-15-2006 01:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2006, 10:38 AM   #42
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch
Actually if someone tries to throw that in my face, I just laugh, say ok, and wonder where the they use all that power. Let them pay more for the bike and insurance. . .not worth it for 'bragging' rights.
Im not saying I like to throw it in the face of every 600 owner, but sometimes, through friends of friends, or what not, I meet those people who have NO idea about a real bike community they dont even really have bike friends, if they do they are just like them, they just picked up a bike to get brownie points from girls, and what not.
lets say your out eating, and they wont stop talking about their bike, all this mindless jabbe that spews from their mouth, just mention you have a 1000, and MOST of the time they shut up. At least in the cases Ive abused my power like that.

Also, godsuki, I always see yhou mention how your rather take a 1000 because its so much easier to ride, in what sense do you mean that? I know your a great rider, and know what your doing, so if you were given a 600 would you kick as much , or do 60s require too much imput that you dont feel like putting in? just wondering what you mean, because sometimes it just sounds like your too lazy to learn more then just stop and grab :icon_tong (an im just kidding)

Last edited by scrapp; 11-14-2006 at 10:42 AM.
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #43
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
does a 900 count as a litre bike?
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:51 AM   #44
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
does a 900 count as a litre bike?
Only when ridden by someone else :laughing6
Challen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:59 AM   #45
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen
Only when ridden by someone else :laughing6

yea, so did he sign up just to pull his "ive been buying and selling cars since I was 10yrs old, and now im gonna do it with bikes"
cause ever since he "hustled" those two bikes, he left
Old 11-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #46
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapp
yea, so did he sign up just to pull his "ive been buying and selling cars since I was 10yrs old, and now im gonna do it with bikes"
cause ever since he "hustled" those two bikes, he left
wtf are you talking about!!??!??!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #47
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Quote:
wtf are you talking about!!??!??!
we had this dude sign up, tried selling his F3, then he bought my friends 929, tried selling that, and in the process, got into an agrument saying it was a true liter bike. Once he sold the bikes he dissapeard, CBR_ryder, or somesuch.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #48
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Gotcha. I'll go back to picking on JRock now.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #49
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
I currently have 4 bikes in the garage, 3 liter bikes and 1 600. I ride the 600 the most right now. I've been riding liter bikes for years with a 750 thrown in here and there, but I really like my 600.
With 1 tooth down on the c/s sprocket it's got plenty of power / acceleration and handles great, and if I just want to cruise I don't have to be as concious of throttle position.

And because it's your latest toy..............some people are just spoiled
Old 11-14-2006, 11:37 AM   #50
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Im not saying I like to throw it in the face of every 600 owner, but sometimes, through friends of friends, or what not, I meet those people who have NO idea about a real bike community they dont even really have bike friends, if they do they are just like them, they just picked up a bike to get brownie points from girls, and what not.
lets say your out eating, and they wont stop talking about their bike, all this mindless jabbe that spews from their mouth, just mention you have a 1000, and MOST of the time they shut up. At least in the cases Ive abused my power like that.

Also, godsuki, I always see yhou mention how your rather take a 1000 because its so much easier to ride, in what sense do you mean that? I know your a great rider, and know what your doing, so if you were given a 600 would you kick as much , or do 60s require too much imput that you dont feel like putting in? just wondering what you mean, because sometimes it just sounds like your too lazy to learn more then just stop and grab :icon_tong (an im just kidding)
I think with the 600's you do work harder, because the perfomance is all at the top of the RPM range so your constantly rowing thru the gears? Just an observation, I've only ridden one one time (a 636) and I sure wouldn't trade.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #51
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
I think with the 600's you do work harder, because the perfomance is all at the top of the RPM range so your constantly rowing thru the gears? Just an observation, I've only ridden one one time (a 636) and I sure wouldn't trade.
+1

Kinda adds to the fun though. Although I would like a newer 600 with about 10-15 more HP that the F3. (600RR maybe )
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:46 AM   #52
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
+1

Kinda adds to the fun though. Although I would like a newer 600 with about 10-15 more HP that the F3. (600RR maybe )
Well I may be a little biased, with what I've been riding the last couple of years. And I've only been one ride around the block on a 600, I was thinking about getting one just for track duty but I'm not convinced I'd use it enough.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:48 AM   #53
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

Quote:
Gotcha. I'll go back to picking on JRock now.

Its ok. I am a big boy. emphasis on big..
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 11-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #54
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):

[quote=BrutusTx]I think with the 600's you do work harder, because the perfomance is all at the top of the RPM range so your constantly rowing thru the gears? Just an observation, I've only ridden one one time (a 636) and I sure wouldn't trade.[/quote]

Says the man with the Ducati 999
Old 11-14-2006, 11:51 AM   #55
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #56
JojoCbr1000rr

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
Having a 1K is not about top speed. It's about the low end and mid range hit. It's torque, to get you out of anything. I do a lot of 500 mile days, and a 600 is just too busy and wears you down. The 1K is much easier to ride, and effortless. Advantages to both sizes, but if you only have 1 bike, a 1K or 750 are the most versatile choices
1+
Old 11-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #57
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:

Well Scrapp, I've owned at least a dozen 600's, the last being an 02 R6. I've owned about that many 750's and 1K's as well. 6 years ago, the liter bikes were fat, heavy, and couldn't come close to the agility of a 600. As Clyde stated, you really have to work the out of a 600 to get that performance, and it requires very quick responses, just the same as a 1K does at big speeds. However with a 1K you can loaf the motor along and carry the same speed as a 600.

When I rode the 600's, I only got taken on the straights, but I carried so much corner speed, that it took a while for them to catch me. Now days, the 1K's are only about 15+/- lbs heavier than a 600, and they handle just as well in most cases. You can ride the torque lower in the rev range much easier than riding at redline like on a 600. For street riding, it is always great to be able to just twist the throttle and blast off if the situation requires. On a 6, you have to drop 3 gears and then twist. , I can power wheelie my 1K in third gear with stock gearing. Do that on a 600! The engines are more flexible and versatile. Your mind still has to work as fast to keep control, but your body can relax more. Hope that all makes sense.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #58
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Good writing, thanks, that explains just what I was curious about.
I just wish my 1000 was near the weight of average 1000s
Old 11-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #59
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

why? you tryin to pick it up?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:36 PM   #60
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Good writing, thanks, that explains just what I was curious about.
I just wish my 1000 was near the weight of average 1000s
Don't let him fool ya, he could power wheelie a 600 too...............since he's about the same size as a smurf:laughing6

Advertisement