MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2006, 01:11 AM   #1
ninjaxx
rebmeM

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 600

Send a message via AIM to ninjaxx
Brother went down.. but is OK

My bro went down going down hwy 90 from reliant park ( motorcycle show ). There is a huge curve that goes on an overpass right before chimneyrock. Somethign happened and he didnt see the curve ahead and ended up grinding against the concrete siding. At one point he was hanging over the overpass while being dragged. His bike, luckily, hit a crack and popped off for a quick second. This allowed him enough time to ditch the bike and hit the ground before anythign bad happened. THank he stayed in the shoulder while rolling or cars would have run him over. The Bike followed the curve of the concrete barrier scraping and i was going to allow it to go past me so i could hop off and catch it before it went into traffic and hit another car. But, as I slowed it popped off the rail and starting crossing traffic slowly. It made it accross 4 lanes of flowing traffic without hitting any cars and without causing another accident. It went to the opposite concrete barrier on the OTHER side of the hwy and slammed against it. THen about 30 feet later collaping perfectly on the shoulder. It was insane.

My brother is ok. Has some road rash on both arms, legs, /back and a bent thumbnail, but nothing broken.. THANK ! THere is nothing scarier than seeing the brother you are closest to, your own flesh and blood, hang on for his life on a hwy and almost falling off an overpass. My heart jumped 3 beats. He had on his helmet, jeans, jacket, and gloves. And he learned a VERY valuable lesson. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR! IT is NOT worth losing something over looking "cool". Just wanted to share and vent.

Oh, and by the way, if you ever have to go to the hospital for a motorcycle accident, DO NOT go to Sugar Land Methodist Hospital. Took him 5 hours to get 1 xray and them to clean out his wounds. He sat there for about 4 hours just waiting on someone to clean out his wounds. Him sitting on the hospital bed with no drugs given to him and in alot of pain.. No Bueno!

P.S. for those who care, the bike wasn't too bad off. Brake fluid reservoir is off, lost both mirrors, both front brake lever and clutch lever and bent/scratched/cracked the fairing by the windshield. Everythign else isn't even worth fixing.

I included a scetch I drew.. ENJOY!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brandon's accident.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	3506  
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good big brother/Evil big brother: You decide Coolhandsluke General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-18-2014 04:00 AM
Help a Brother out psychomedicHFD Off Topic 11 06-27-2013 05:52 PM
my brother went down : ( hotcknstrips General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 10-26-2011 02:40 AM
HELP a brother out!!!! eugene Health and Fitness 5 08-29-2010 10:38 PM
Dying man calls brother... the brother then calls... elephant head Off Topic 2 03-03-2009 10:37 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #2
knee_dragger

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Sorry about your brother, im glad he's ok. I can't imaging seeing my brother go through the same. :eh:
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Oh man i couldnt imagine what id be feeling if my bro went down. Glad your brothers ok.
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
ninjaxx
rebmeM

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 600

^-- me too!
Old 11-12-2006, 01:40 AM   #5
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:41 AM   #6
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

glad he made it out alright

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:43 AM   #7
knee_dragger

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
i'm not taking sides of the hospital but the average wait is about 4-6 hours...unless it's life or death...if he told them his neck was hurting or something like his stomach was killing him they would have taken him right away...my 3 month pregnant wife got in a fukced up car wreck...took 7 hours before they seen her and check her vitals...so expect it at hospitals...im glad he went and got checked out and he'll be alright rash heals within weeks
True the Memorial hospital on 59 and beechnut waited my brother for about 3 1/2 hours before he got cleaned up and x-rayed. There all gonna be the same unless its life or death. Like ^he said
This is why I just get myself cleaned up at home and make an appointment to see my doctor for any other injuries.
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.

Last edited by knee_dragger; 11-12-2006 at 01:46 AM.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:52 AM   #8
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #9
gixr101

Bike(s):
04 gsxr 1000, 05gsxr 1000,07 gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
i'm not taking sides of the hospital but the average wait is about 4-6 hours...unless it's life or death...if he told them his neck was hurting or something like his stomach was killing him they would have taken him right away...my 3 month pregnant wife got in a fukced up car wreck...took 7 hours before they seen her and check her vitals...so expect it at hospitals...im glad he went and got checked out and he'll be alright rash heals within weeks
the nurses and doctors dont like motorcyclist they think we deserve it everytime Im in the hospitol which has been alot , they always say some stupid about bikers they think were playing with fire so we deserve to get burned. I feel your pain ninjaXX I couldnt imagine my bro going through that. good thing hes ok wish him the best for me sorry to here about his bike but really f**ck the bike his life is more important!!
gixr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:02 AM   #10
loewer600
G-MAN

Bike(s):
'05 CBR600RR SOLD

yea ive sat in many er rooms and unless your dying they take their sweet time...im really glad to hear hes ok...i would have died if i saw my brother do that...
loewer600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:40 AM   #11
ninjaxx
rebmeM

Bike(s):
2005 GSX-R 600

They were just disorganized... they brought in an EKG machine at one point... we were like WHAT THE F*&@#?!?!?
Old 11-12-2006, 02:47 AM   #12
Vandals
Scooter

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Sorry to hear about your bro, what made him so distracted to not see the turn? A limo full of strippers?
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:37 AM   #13
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
GO TO HERMAN. I work there. We clean u up fast.. methodist sugarland is not a trauma hospital but IS a level 4. Meaning they take heart attacks and stroke patients.. Gotta go Med center for Trauma dudes.. but never ever bentaub.. it'll take u 2 days to get a bandaid..
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:07 AM   #14
elemental2

Bike(s):
zx6r

Send a message via ICQ to elemental2 Send a message via AIM to elemental2 Send a message via Yahoo to elemental2
donno bout other hosps but i work at an er there is no taking sweet time they are busy and stay busy 24 7 and there is always a little chaos dont come here though not a trama hosp :icon_bigg

glad ure bros ok though shoulda come to christus
If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well..."

Don't take life to seriously; no one gets out alive.
elemental2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:18 AM   #15
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixr101
the nurses and doctors dont like motorcyclist they think we deserve it everytime Im in the hospitol which has been alot , they always say some stupid about bikers they think were playing with fire so we deserve to get burned. I feel your pain ninjaXX I couldnt imagine my bro going through that. good thing hes ok wish him the best for me sorry to here about his bike but really f**ck the bike his life is more important!!
I'm sure they think that.

sorry about your bro going down the good thing is he's ok.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:21 AM   #16
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemental2
donno bout other hosps but i work at an er there is no taking sweet time they are busy and stay busy 24 7 and there is always a little chaos dont come here though not a trama hosp :icon_bigg

glad ure bros ok though shoulda come to christus

where do u work? st. jo? I work at hermann. used to work at St. Luker ER. not a trauma.. =)
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:24 AM   #17
elemental2

Bike(s):
zx6r

Send a message via ICQ to elemental2 Send a message via AIM to elemental2 Send a message via Yahoo to elemental2
heh its 5 am and i got 3 hours sleep in the last 2 days
il spell trauma trama or trime

but nah i work at st catherine
If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well..."

Don't take life to seriously; no one gets out alive.
elemental2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #18
Capt Penetrate
A view from my office

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 R6 Track
07 R1 to pose

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixr101
My mom is a nurse and I know for a fact she does not think this.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:20 AM   #19
bunxx
Saw 'em Off!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
duc 800SS
polaris ranger
yamaha rhino

lukily my keyboard is nxt to my bed. i can barely move. this isnt too fun. thanks for the get better messages

there was a big van in front of me.nd i probly goin to fast. by the time i saw it curve i culkdnt pull out
bunxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #20
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
"At one point he was hanging over the overpass while being dragged."

holy shat man! what was going through yer head at that point?
SVmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement