MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 04:26 AM   #1
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
knee slider for everyday riding?

okay...i'm looking for some kind of knee sliders that can strap on over my jeans or something for everyday riding. because sometimes i find myself leaning down a lil too much on the streets...

is there any such product on the market? i've looked around on the internet, and the only thing i came up with was some super-adhesive velco pad to put onto the jeans...then put the knee pucks on it....but i don't want them permanently strapped up to my jeans. so those are out of the picture. any help would be great....

okay, and i already know.....i shouldn't even be riding through city streets like that. but hey...when you see a tight turn and nobody's around.....everyone gets that feeling like they're at the track.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Teknic Chicane Knee Slider BD#270 Motorcycles Unlimited 3 01-28-2015 10:40 AM
Knee Guards With Slider Pucks? Or Just Get Pants/full suit? Jonbones Safety Corner Main 50 12-11-2014 12:04 PM
Ever loose a knee slider on track? kenup283 Taking it to the Track 7 09-16-2012 06:17 AM
Knee guards for street riding? hotcknstrips General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 04-25-2011 11:59 AM
Everyday Riding and White Gear exalted512 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-28-2011 10:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2006, 04:38 AM   #2
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,466












Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
okay...i'm looking for some kind of knee sliders that can strap on over my jeans or something for everyday riding. because sometimes i find myself leaning down a lil too much on the streets...

is there any such product on the market? i've looked around on the internet, and the only thing i came up with was some super-adhesive velco pad to put onto the jeans...then put the knee pucks on it....but i don't want them permanently strapped up to my jeans. so those are out of the picture. any help would be great....

okay, and i already know.....i shouldn't even be riding through city streets like that. but hey...when you see a tight turn and nobody's around.....everyone gets that feeling like they're at the track.
no that would be just you and other squids. :eh: go to a track day if you want to ride like that. before you become someones hood ornament.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:54 AM   #3
train460
speed junky
 
train460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cypress Tx (cypress N Houston & jones)
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 2,379

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)






some duct tape and a couple squashed soda cans
__________________
A man opens the door for u not because he is polite. It's so he can check out your .
Michael Hansen
Cypress Tx
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #4
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Has your knee actually made contact with the ground yet? Sometimes we are leaned over less than we think.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #5
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,259


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Motocross shin guards. Less than $20 @ Cycle gear. Strap on under jeans or over depending on your personal squid factor.
However you really should go to a track day. Awesome fun, meet people who really know how to ride fast and safe, and best of all not die on the side of a bread truck.
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #6
FireMalt
Recovering track addict
 
FireMalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Katy, Texas
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,175

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











http://www.prodesigned.com/kneepads.htm
__________________
www.TexasCustomDecals.com
FireMalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
FastLine
Motorcycle School
 
FastLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MSRH GSS TWS (Texas World Speedway)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,881

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
Like
A
Boss






I just don't know how to respond to this. You don't seem to have a whole lot of sense. Just another statistic waiting to happen :confused2
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #8
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,466












one more thing when you start getting the feeling you're at the track go to the track.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:41 AM   #9
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by train460
some duct tape and a couple squashed soda cans
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #10
Denee
Leather n lace
 
Denee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston~ West side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 278


Bike(s):
TL1000r(race), '06 GSXR600









Send a message via AIM to Denee
Though I am kind of against the notion of dragging knee on the street, if it would be your desire to do so, you're probably going to do it anyway;
I wouldn't think the pads would stay in place if strapped around the knee unles you have it very tight, then you may reduce cirulation in your lower leg or impinge the perineal nerve.
Perhaps you could dedicate a pair of snug fitting jeans, and actually get some velcro to attach a slider to your knees. I think that would look better than a 'something' strapped around your knee and then put a few sponsor patches here and there.
But, Joe Rocket, Vanson, I believe make a nice pair of 'street pants' (just in case you were to go down cause of antifreeze, oil, water), then you'd have some further protection against falling! But you'd still have to put the velcro stuff on to put your slider on, unless they're making them that way.
Dress for the occasion though! If your'e going to ride aggressive on the street, at least dress for it and make sure your insurance is up to date~ just in case!
Denee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #11
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss
 
arturo3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Meadows Place, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,068

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight









wear these icon pants.
icon barrier jeans bk
__________________
motobanner new
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #12
FastLine
Motorcycle School
 
FastLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MSRH GSS TWS (Texas World Speedway)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,881

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
Like
A
Boss






I saw a guy when I was at Deals gap wearing catchers knee pads and skin guards. Funny as !!!!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #13
scrapp
I need earplugs.
 
scrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milky Way Galaxy -------------------------------
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,208












Send a message via AIM to scrapp
Where the are you able to drag knee on the streets? making U-turns under the freeway?

if your doing something like this on 149, you must be running at blazing fast speeds to make up for such an extreme angle, or your going into the other persons lane. be safe, eek.
__________________
tanksig2
They told me to go play in traffic, so I bought a motorcycle.
RC51 1000R
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Denee
I wouldn't think the pads would stay in place if strapped around the knee unles you have it very tight,
+1

city streets + oil + water + antifreeze + cracks in road + unlevel streets = bad place to play

this is granted there are no idiots in cars/trucks around which would just make it a all around dangerous situation.
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #15
ownage
Banned
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,547












User is banned

.
ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #16
knee_dragger
Senior Member
 
knee_dragger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alief
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,917

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450









Quote:
Originally Posted by Denee
Though I am kind of against the notion of dragging knee on the street, if it would be your desire to do so, you're probably going to do it anyway;
I wouldn't think the pads would stay in place if strapped around the knee unles you have it very tight, then you may reduce cirulation in your lower leg or impinge the perineal nerve.
Perhaps you could dedicate a pair of snug fitting jeans, and actually get some velcro to attach a slider to your knees. I think that would look better than a 'something' strapped around your knee and then put a few sponsor patches here and there.
But, Joe Rocket, Vanson, I believe make a nice pair of 'street pants' (just in case you were to go down cause of antifreeze, oil, water), then you'd have some further protection against falling! But you'd still have to put the velcro stuff on to put your slider on, unless they're making them that way.
Dress for the occasion though! If your'e going to ride aggressive on the street, at least dress for it and make sure your insurance is up to date~ just in case!
He's right, I've tried already and they dont work. If you dont want to wear all the gear, atleast wear the leather pant with the knee sliders. After all, the ground is not straight and smooth on those highways for knee draggin. :icon_bigg :confused1
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #17
Max
rm -rf /
 
Max's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nawf (as they call it)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,250


Bike(s):
Diamondback on twanks









Send a message via AIM to Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapp
Where the are you able to drag knee on the streets? making U-turns under the freeway?

if your doing something like this on 149, you must be running at blazing fast speeds to make up for such an extreme angle, or your going into the other persons lane. be safe, eek.
i've put knee down a time or two down 149 by mistake, i have the jeans with the knees riped out and scars on my knees to prove it
i don't like riding up front.. i get carried away sometimes
__________________
the repslo/repstal guy
http://www.myspace.com/miramax281
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #18
A303
Senior Member
 
A303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Stafford, Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,197

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr









Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
+1

city streets + oil + water + antifreeze + cracks in road + unlevel streets = bad place to play

this is granted there are no idiots in cars/trucks around which would just make it a all around dangerous situation.
yeah but not every street around Houston is like that. He may be going out to a few back roads or something where there is little to no traffic, running the streets once or twice to check for oil/gravel spots, then just playin around on em.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #19
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,259


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by knee_dragger
He's right, I've tried already and they dont work. If you dont want to wear all the gear, atleast wear the leather pant with the knee sliders. After all, the ground is not straight and smooth on those highways for knee draggin. :icon_bigg :confused1



Denee is a she... and an awesome person if I may say so
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #20
Max
rm -rf /
 
Max's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Nawf (as they call it)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,250


Bike(s):
Diamondback on twanks









Send a message via AIM to Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
Denee is a she... and an awesome person if I may say so
sounds like she knows wtf is up, almost like like shes out hooking hair pins and draggin' knee in the street, and is just staying in the closet about it so she dont get flamed
__________________
the repslo/repstal guy
http://www.myspace.com/miramax281
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy