MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #21
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Considering some of the cops around here will pull you over for looking funny, yeah, its just considered polite to warn other riders.
you know, I keep hearing guys say like that... maybe I am just lucky...
but I have been riding for 47 years and that has never happened to me, not once...I have been stopped a total of 4 times, and I was speeding every time... once on the way to the hospital, twice on my home on leave, and once I was lost and did not see the sign where the speed limit reduced, but I was speeding.. I have never been stopped just for the of it, and I have never had a cop give me a hard time, they just did their job and moved on...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hand and leg signals cuong-nutz General Discussion (Moto Related) 61 04-10-2012 02:40 AM
motorcycle hand signals tino General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 08-04-2010 02:50 AM
Hand signals for riders isoplus Off Topic 4 02-14-2008 09:31 AM
Universal Motorcycle Hand Signals maskale General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 05-23-2007 12:04 PM
Rider hand signals nels General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-16-2005 04:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #22
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
you know, I keep hearing guys say like that... maybe I am just lucky...
but I have been riding for 47 years and that has never happened to me, not once...I have been stopped a total of 4 times, and I was speeding every time... once on the way to the hospital, twice on my home on leave, and once I was lost and did not see the sign where the speed limit reduced, but I was speeding.. I have never been stopped just for the of it, and I have never had a cop give me a hard time, they just did their job and moved on...
We may live in different areas. There's a few in West Houston who have a real hardon against motorcycles.

Lets see...we had Holtsclaw, Officer Nicely from Pct. 4, and then there's that fat in Memorial Village...There are others too - those are just the ones I know about. The tickets they give are virtually always bullshit, and they know it. They just like to harass bikes.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #23
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
We may live in different areas. There's a few in West Houston who have a real hardon against motorcycles.

Lets see...we had Holtsclaw, Officer Nicely from Pct. 4, and then there's that fat in Memorial Village...There are others too - those are just the ones I know about. The tickets they give are virtually always bullshit, and they know it. They just like to harass bikes.
I've been heckled for "looking like I didn't have insurance". I asked him "how do I """LOOK""" like I don't have insurance".

Sent me on my way after wasting 20 minutes of my time.

Must be cuz I'm black.
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #24
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

well most of my life I was on the east side of the Houston area..
in the late 50's and early 60's I lived in what we then called greens bayou, now they call it northshore..
then in the mid 60's Pasadena, I graduated from Pasadena High. then my service days.. when I came home I lived in pasadena thru the mid 80's and then off of where beltway 8 crosses south 45 until the mid 90's and since then in the museum district on richmond...I have never been harrased by cops.. not one time... it happens, but it has never happened to me.I have often riden in sugarland and richmond... and lots of times down Hwy 6 to the dam ice house... what can i say.. I just have not seen it...
Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #25
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
I've been heckled for "looking like I didn't have insurance". I asked him "how do I """LOOK""" like I don't have insurance".

Sent me on my way after wasting 20 minutes of my time.

Must be cuz I'm black.
That or ugly....I'm going with ugly.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #26
ST675
01101000 01101001

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of bikes from 80cc to 1200cc
Current : ZX11
KX80

Quote:

Don't forget all of Jersey Village.. but I think they just like to harass everyone....
Old 10-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #27
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST675 View Post
Don't forget all of Jersey Village.. but I think they just like to harass everyone....
I live in Jersey Village. Been pulled over, bothered and ticketed for 36 in 35. Yep.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #28
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
That or ugly....I'm going with ugly.
, please. I'm pretty.

...ugly.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #29
46&2

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR

Quote:
no one has to TRY and talk down to you. It is only talking down to you if you take it that way. I do not know if you are a little kid or not...and do not much care...it is of no concern of mine...just passing time with random thoughts on a keyboard...the few seconds it took to type a response to your post was about as long as I thought about you...Geeze, look here, you just took up 15 seconds more of my thought process.

Ok?... Well you wasted 30 seconds of mine. Just a suggestion try thinking a couple more seconds before you type those thoughts on your keyboard then you actually might not seem like a dbag! Or (crazy thought) don't reply at all!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #30
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

you are not important enough to me to consider your desires, nor important enough for me to care if you think I am a db or a hero
Old 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #31
46&2

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR

Cool. But It wasn't a desire, just a simple suggestion. Thinking will get you pretty far! {peace}
Old 10-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #32
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
you are not important enough to me to consider your desires, nor important enough for me to care if you think I am a db or a hero
You'd seemed pretty cool up until you started posting in this thread. And I'm sure you still are - it's tough to judge personality over the Internet without a pretty good amount of I-experience.

Anyway, I find no problem with doing 5-10 over the limit and appreciate the cop warning. I actually learned about the cop-ahead "headlight flash" from my grandfather back in the '80s and he was a safe driver and stand-up man, without question.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #33
ELSpurgeO
Jeremy

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 R6
04 R6
02 R6
06 ZX10 *SOLD* 05 ZX636 *SOLD*
04 CBR1000RR *SOLD* 99 ZX9 *RIP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartandude View Post
Noobs.

funniest thing i've seen in a while. My wife looked at me like an idiot when I lold
ELSpurgeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #34
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

46&2...ok, ok... it is time I quit jerking your chain...my sense of humor has exceeded yours... and yes I actually do give heads up to folks when I see a speed trap... I will not warn someone who is being stupid on the road but I will give a general heads up to folks when I see officers set up their revenue generating stops... speed traps do nothing to improve the safety of the road ways, they just make money for the municipality...
my office is on 11th street betwee T.C. Jester and Hempstead highway, the Houston police have two areas they like to use as revenue generators...
one is on T.C. Jester just north of I-10 at the base of the overpass where T.C. Jester goes over the old railroad tracks... the speed limit there is 35 and unless you are really paying attention you can easily hit 40+ going over the overpass on the down side... the police like to set up traps there and write a bunch of tickets in a short time... there is no safety issue and most folks are not really speeding thru that area, but on the down slope they can hit 40 before they put their brakes on and the cops write them up... so when I see that going on, I warn the folks approaching the overpass as I am leaving...
the other area is on hempstead highway, at a railroad underpass.. the same scenario.. I warn there too... when it is not about safety but money.. it is wrong... so I do give a heads up...
but if someone is doing wheelies at triple figures and I know they are coming up on a cop, I do not warn them, i just smile thinking they are going to get what they deserve...
and do not take anything folks post on the forums too serious... sometimes they are just yanking your chain...
Old 10-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #35
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46&2 View Post
You know how we usually wave to say "whatssup, I see ya" while passing other bikers, what do y'all think about a signal to say there is a cop ahead in the shadows trying to make his quotas? I was thinking a pointer finger in the air making circles as if I was spinning a key chain around it. I think it would be bad if all bikers had had a 5.0 signal.
That would be far out, man
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #36
Supa Dave
The Chupacabra

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
GSX-R 600
KX250 (sold)

Quote:
if you are going to ride on public roads in such a way as to have to worry about where cops are at, just trying to do their job...
I have a hand signal for you.... and I bet you already know it.
Whoa whoa there gramps!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #37
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
if you are going to ride on public roads in such a way as to have to worry about where cops are at, just trying to do their job...
I have a hand signal for you.... and I bet you already know it.
? ? ?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #38
ZizouTriumph
Isle of Man TT

Bike(s):
2008 HD VRSCDX
2009 Triumph Thruxton 900
2001 YAMAHA R6(Sold)
1976 Triumph Boneville (back home)

Quote:
well most of my life I was on the east side of the Houston area..
in the late 50's and early 60's I lived in what we then called greens bayou, now they call it northshore..
then in the mid 60's Pasadena, I graduated from Pasadena High. then my service days.. when I came home I lived in pasadena thru the mid 80's and then off of where beltway 8 crosses south 45 until the mid 90's and since then in the museum district on richmond...I have never been harrased by cops.. not one time... it happens, but it has never happened to me.I have often riden in sugarland and richmond... and lots of times down Hwy 6 to the dam ice house... what can i say.. I just have not seen it...
YOU'RE WHITE, 'NUFF SAID.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #39
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZizouTriumph View Post
YOU'RE WHITE, 'NUFF SAID.
it is true, I am white, but when you are geared up, how do they know that until they stop you? folks seem taken back when I get off my 600rr and pull off my helmet and then they see the white hair and beard...they do not realize I am an old man until the gear comes off and they can see me...that is when you notice that the young girls at the ice house lose interest...
Old 10-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #40
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
it is true, I am white, but when you are geared up, how do they know that until they stop you? folks seem taken back when I get off my 600rr and pull off my helmet and then they see the white hair and beard...they do not realize I am an old man until the gear comes off and they can see me...that is when you notice that the young girls at the ice house lose interest...
Yea, but you ride white

Advertisement