Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #81
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
No. What I want is to be able to do whatever I want without some self-appointed council telling me I can't because they said so.
It isn't so much "self-appointed" as it is "peer-elected". The CoC does a lot more good than you seem to realize - even for the independents. There is also a group called COIR for non-affiliated riders - Coalition Of Independent Riders.

While it certainly is not required that one belong to either, it doesn't hurt to recognize that they are there working FOR you - not against you.

Were it not for the CoC, you could very easily find yourself being arrested for wearing "gang colors" just because you happen to have a jacket that is similar to what a lot of others wear, for example. Cops like Holtsclaw could find themselves with free reign to do whatever they wished just because you were on a bike. You'd get harassed every time you rode through some areas just because. - you could find yourself riding a very neutered bike of 500cc and smaller while required to remain on surface streets, during daylight hours only, while wearing not only full protective gear but a seatbelt?!?!. Yes - seriously - these are the kinds of things the CoC and AMA have fought against.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
posers tonight cytukyl General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 02-12-2011 11:45 PM
SW POSERS 4/27 Ares Events, Meets and Rides 59 04-29-2010 03:50 PM
I was at Posers' Point last night and... MeetJoeAsian General Discussion (Moto Related) 55 04-27-2007 10:57 AM
posers..... superman77532 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 07-02-2006 11:40 PM
Posers your_roman_god General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 11-15-2005 12:33 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #82
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!
 
LCLF Brain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,055

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)








Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
With all of the thinly veiled threats like this, I find it very hard to believe that every MC club member isn't Billy steroidal badass just waiting to pound anyone who says anything derogatory about his club.


Just saying, the image being portrayed isn't one of a decent human being.
It's not the fact of someone saying something derogatory about your club that is the issue. It's the unsolicited part of someone saying something derogatory.

If someone out of the clear blue approached me with an attitude, and said something derogatory about me or my club, my reaction would be a simple "Screw you, coming at me like that, you rude little snot. What is your point of saying all that; are you looking for a fight?" And if so, then I would pound your face.

Does that make ME someone who isn't a decent human being, or the rude little snot who got in my business for no reason whatsoever?

Here's a revelation... I don't care about you. Just stay out of my business.
LCLF Brain is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #83
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
It's not the fact of someone saying something derogatory about your club that is the issue. It's the unsolicited part of someone saying something derogatory.

If someone out of the clear blue approached me with an attitude, and said something derogatory about me or my club, my reaction would be a simple "Screw you, coming at me like that, you rude little snot. What is your point of saying all that; are you looking for a fight?" And if so, then I would pound your face.

Does that make ME someone who isn't a decent human being, or the rude little snot who got in my business for no reason whatsoever?

Here's a revelation... I don't care about you. Just stay out of my business.
Sounds like something a gang member would say.
CraigRR is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #84
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
Here's a revelation... I don't care about you. Just stay out of my business.
And that's pretty much the attitude of most MCs as well. Leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. Step on their lawn, and they're gonna tell you to get the off of it.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #85
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_gsxr600 View Post
Sounds like something a gang member would say.
No - it sounds like something MOST people would say.

You stay out of my business, and I'll stay out of yours. Simple as that. Get in my face, and I'm going to pound the snot out of you.

You have every right in the world to do whatever you wish, right up to the point where you infringe upon MY rights. Once you do, well...that's when conflict starts. It can be resolved reasonably peacefully by you saying "Whoops - my bad. Didn't realize i was on your lawn" or not so peacefully by you saying "So what if its your lawn. I can be here if I want"....See how that works?
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #86
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #87
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Step on their lawn, and they're gonna tell you to get the off of it.
Cuz that's where the phags park their shitty Harleys.
AaronP220 is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #88
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #89
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
No - it sounds like something MOST people would say.

You stay out of my business, and I'll stay out of yours. Simple as that. Get in my face, and I'm going to pound the snot out of you.
Wow!
CraigRR is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #90
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Im sure B.A.C.A (Bikers against child Abuse) or Chrisitian Riders MC are badasses....
Can't let you hate on the CMA.

They come out to the track and do mountains for FastLine MCS.
AaronP220 is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #91
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,403

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
It isn't so much "self-appointed" as it is "peer-elected". The CoC does a lot more good than you seem to realize - even for the independents. There is also a group called COIR for non-affiliated riders - Coalition Of Independent Riders.

While it certainly is not required that one belong to either, it doesn't hurt to recognize that they are there working FOR you - not against you.

Were it not for the CoC, you could very easily find yourself being arrested for wearing "gang colors" just because you happen to have a jacket that is similar to what a lot of others wear, for example. Cops like Holtsclaw could find themselves with free reign to do whatever they wished just because you were on a bike. You'd get harassed every time you rode through some areas just because. - you could find yourself riding a very neutered bike of 500cc and smaller while required to remain on surface streets, during daylight hours only, while wearing not only full protective gear but a seatbelt?!?!. Yes - seriously - these are the kinds of things the CoC and AMA have fought against.
The CoC is only peer elected for people already in clubs. I, as someone who might want to make a MC, did not elect them, and yet they have the ability to stipulate the conditions under which I'm able to become one of their peers (or say no, for that matter). Seems exclusitory for non-obvious reasons?


Coalition of Indpendent Riders sounds like the textbook definition of an oxymoron to me.

So the AMA has been doing things for time immemorial.....but the CoC is going to take credit for it? Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
It's not the fact of someone saying something derogatory about your club that is the issue. It's the unsolicited part of someone saying something derogatory.

If someone out of the clear blue approached me with an attitude, and said something derogatory about me or my club, my reaction would be a simple "Screw you, coming at me like that, you rude little snot. What is your point of saying all that; are you looking for a fight?" And if so, then I would pound your face.

Does that make ME someone who isn't a decent human being, or the rude little snot who got in my business for no reason whatsoever?

Here's a revelation... I don't care about you. Just stay out of my business.
It makes you both indecent human beings: him for being an , and you for resorting to violence to solve your issue.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #92
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Im sure B.A.C.A (Bikers against child Abuse) or Chrisitian Riders MC are badasses....
B.A.C.A are a bunch of badasses when protecting a child abuse victim...
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #93
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Cuz that's where the phags park their shitty Harleys.
You're just jealous that your haven't dropped yet...
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #94
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
You're just jealous that your haven't dropped yet...
Yer ole' laddy been running her mouth again?

It was just an odd viewing angle. That's all.
AaronP220 is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #95
texasboy713
texasboy713
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: houston (southeast)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 80

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
03 busa









i am part of a club as well and before i ever joined i knew ppl in clubs and rode with them several times and they were always cool and no pressure to join. Then wehn i did decide to join one i made sure it fit my life instead of me fitting theirs. I still ride when i want if we do not have any club things going on and do not make everything they go to dur to my family and work schedule.
texasboy713 is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #96
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,403

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
You're just jealous that your haven't dropped yet...

You're just mad because your bike has vibrated your prostate to nonfunctionality.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #97
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
You're just mad because your bike has vibrated your prostate to nonfunctionality.


Tis true. I rode my buddies Road King. Lost a filling at a light. I've never felt something so clunky that people willing pay 30K for...
AaronP220 is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #98
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
The CoC is only peer elected for people already in clubs. I, as someone who might want to make a MC, did not elect them, and yet they have the ability to stipulate the conditions under which I'm able to become one of their peers (or say no, for that matter). Seems exclusitory for non-obvious reasons?


Coalition of Indpendent Riders sounds like the textbook definition of an oxymoron to me.

So the AMA has been doing things for time immemorial.....but the CoC is going to take credit for it? Please
The AMA hasn't been really on the ball lately. Someone had to fill in. The CoC does not stipulate the conditions, they merely provide guidance. You don't HAVE to obey. Feel free to create your own club. May I recommend you use the colors red and white, use a skull in profile as your center patch and make sure you fly a bottom rocker saying "Texas".
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
It makes you both indecent human beings: him for being an , and you for resorting to violence to solve your issue.
What is wrong with violence? Sometimes it must be used. Violence is not inherently wrong and only the ignorant think it doesn't solve anything.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #99
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
You're just mad because your bike has vibrated your prostate to nonfunctionality.
Nah - the engine in mine is rubber mounted and isolated. No vibration at all on the touring bikes...
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline  
Old 10-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #100
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship
 
AaronP220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NW Houston: Jersey Village
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 20,446

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight









Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Nah - the engine in mine is rubber mounted and isolated. No vibration at all on the touring bikes...
I know the road kings are rubber mounted and isolated.


I'm fixing to call you a liar.
AaronP220 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy