MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #21
Chubby Racer
The Confusion
 
Chubby Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: between a chair and a screen
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 19,403

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)








Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
they didn't even mention Boss Hoss or any of the bikes in the show room when I took it there. Of course, I couldn't help but to stare at this huge trike with a chevy 350 that was on the other side of the glass from me while we were in the classroom portion.

I stand corrected.
__________________
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSF out of the way dosequisxx Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 1 09-24-2012 02:50 PM
MSF kcupial General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 05-17-2011 10:09 PM
MSF Dubby General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-29-2008 11:24 PM
MSF?? 04RSVR New Riders and MSF Course Info 4 12-12-2007 09:18 AM
MSF? NO MORE F4I Off Topic 7 07-17-2007 09:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #22
Philly
GD Yankee
 
Philly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baytown TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 86

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR1000RR red/black
1996 Suzuki gsxr 600 - sold



Member Garage





I completed the basic MSF course through boss hoss cuz it was closer for me. I have not taken any other courses but they were friendly, professional and patient with those who never sat on a bike. If you have been riding or catch on quickly, you will find yourself a little bored at times like I did, while instructors spend a little more time on those who need it. Overall, I had a positive experience and if it is close to you then I would just go there. And the boss hoss bikes were pretty cool to check out.... My 2cents
Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #23
Joshua42007
Senior Member
 
Joshua42007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,627

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000









Quote:
Originally Posted by af05941 View Post
I completed the basic MSF course through boss hoss cuz it was closer for me. I have not taken any other courses but they were friendly, professional and patient with those who never sat on a bike. If you have been riding or catch on quickly, you will find yourself a little bored at times like I did, while instructors spend a little more time on those who need it. Overall, I had a positive experience and if it is close to you then I would just go there. And the boss hoss bikes were pretty cool to check out.... My 2cents
Awesome. Congrats on completing your MSF course
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #24
daveblueballs
Senior Member
 
daveblueballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Downtown
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 454

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-
08 600RR track rig -SOLD-






This whole situation kinda me off to be honest. I have been riding for more than 10 years and yet I still have to take this course before I can be considered by the state to be an able motorcyclist. Kinda funny considering I ride well enough to that all these years I have successfully eluded all officials who have attempted to cite me for loud pipes, no license plate light, riding a sportbike, etc.. What ever happened to doing a driving exam in front of an officer? I have had scores of officers see me ride that can validate my abilities. Seems like this class may just be another way for the state to rake in more money but idk. Im sure some wise will jump on in here a minute and tell me Im wrong about everything, the sky is not blue, and the there will be a geomagnetic reversal of the earths poles if I dont take the MSF course. Gawd I love this forum.
daveblueballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #25
the_laydown
Bored
 
the_laydown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,180

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Husky SMR511




Member Garage





I have heard of these grimlins you speak of but where im from we call it GRAVITY
the_laydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #26
hotnanas
i rock knobbies
 
hotnanas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,881

Experience: 10+ years











Quote:
Originally Posted by daveblueballs View Post
This whole situation kinda me off to be honest. I have been riding for more than 10 years and yet I still have to take this course before I can be considered by the state to be an able motorcyclist. Kinda funny considering I ride well enough to that all these years I have successfully eluded all officials who have attempted to cite me for loud pipes, no license plate light, riding a sportbike, etc.. What ever happened to doing a driving exam in front of an officer? I have had scores of officers see me ride that can validate my abilities. Seems like this class may just be another way for the state to rake in more money but idk. Im sure some wise will jump on in here a minute and tell me Im wrong about everything, the sky is not blue, and the there will be a geomagnetic reversal of the earths poles if I dont take the MSF course. Gawd I love this forum.
You could have done that until September 1, 2009. MSF is more expensive, but is far less of a hassle than the logistics involved with taking the driving test at the DMV.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #27
Dollartree99
Member
 
Dollartree99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 66


Bike(s):
Used R-1
'Busa








Make sure you stick around at the end of class, you will get some AWESOME coupons and discounts. The coupons/discounts can be used at a lot of good stores that can be found in our sponsors sector. These Awesome coupons include discounts to Motorcycles Unlimited and also 2wheel toyz. ( If still available, they were available to us when I took the class back in May)

* If you make a perfect score on 1 out of 2 Tests that you must complete, you get a gremlin bell.



photo1 7[/QUOTE]

I got a perfect score on BOTH tests and got 2 bells...
Dollartree99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:57 AM   #28
Joshua42007
Senior Member
 
Joshua42007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,627

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000









Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollartree99 View Post
I got a perfect score on BOTH tests and got 2 bells...
That's badass man, keep up the good work and practice as much as you can. Make sure you re-fresh your emergency braking skills and "oh- emergency exits" every once in a while.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #29
daveblueballs
Senior Member
 
daveblueballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Downtown
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 454

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-
08 600RR track rig -SOLD-






Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas View Post
You could have done that until September 1, 2009. MSF is more expensive, but is far less of a hassle than the logistics involved with taking the driving test at the DMV.
Yah. Far less of a hassle for the state, way more of a hassle for me. Love how that works.
daveblueballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy