MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #21
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Post it up over there and see what they say? Did you talk to the guy who called you when he got there?
This. I'd be pretty annoyed.

The guy could have called you up.
Urban Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting new bike Rael General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 01-20-2013 09:31 AM
Interesting bike wrecks... timistim General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 11-10-2010 12:39 AM
Interesting vid of Spies talking about his bike Chubby Racer Taking it to the Track 12 07-29-2009 02:49 PM
Bike Crash elemental2 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-23-2006 01:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #22
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
Sounds like you got called incase Homie #2 flaked. You were the 'backup' man
yeah, but it turned out that the guy who called me WAS homie #2. he was already on his way in his truck.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #23
AiJay
AJ... that's the name.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Huffy 10sp

Send a message via AIM to AiJay Send a message via MSN to AiJay
Kinda IMO. A 10 sec phone call could have saved you 2hrs of your time and $10 in gas. I understand that it's not life changing, but definitely would make me reluctant to go out to help again for the same group. Kudos for going "no questions asked" though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
That and piitb.
AiJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #24
AngusTEx
Hang the up & DRIVE

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Honduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
yeah, I talked to him VERY briefly. He was on his way there in his truck the whole time. They NEVER needed my help. I have no clue why they wanted me to drive out there at all - it doesn't look like their plan ever changed - they had their own truck on the way the whole time.
WTF

I'd take off your cell # from there asap.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #25
Martinez

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Yamaha R6 2008

Don't stop being a good person because of some dumb . Might need u one day .... You did good in a bad situation
. I applaud your commitment to helping a fellow rider... Props....
Old 10-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #26
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

That's why I'm an to everyone except people I've met before... then I'm a bigger .

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #27
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
No bueno!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #28
Trish

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM

I was there on the side of the road... didn't meet you but saw you smoke quite a few smokes. I was pretty jealous because I had run out.

Anyway... I'm good friends with the other dude who came with the truck... the only thing I can think is that it wasn't quite clear what the plan is between you guys?? Maybe he thought he would take too long and called you to see if you could get there quicker? I know we talked to him a few times so maybe between all of that he forgot to call you back?? Maybe he did try calling you and had no service? I have Verizon and had absolutely no service around there. Either way, it still sucks... but thanks for coming out to help.

I had no clue about his calling you or how you ended up there or anything... in fact, I didn't even know who you were until I saw this thread. Did anyone else there have any clue you were coming?
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #29
M@tt
Platinum Member

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Cashtown. I was there also as Trish said. I don't know who called you, but Chris was on his way to pick up the bike also. I'm sorry you had to roll out there. If u need gas money or beer I'll be happy pay u back. Again not sure who called u but I do remember meeting u. Thanks.

-M@tt

Last edited by M@tt; 10-11-2011 at 01:53 AM.
M@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #30
M@tt
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51rider View Post
I've rode with WFO one time! Way too fast for me!!

I'd be also!
Too fast ?? Does stand for wide f....ing open.

-M@tt
Old 10-11-2011, 01:58 AM   #31
houmax

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX14
RSV R
K1200GT
VMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Anyone on here a member at WFO Riders?

Later on, I get a call from one of their members saying that someone had crashed their bike on 336 and that they needed a truck to come get the bike. I said, "no problem" and got in my truck and started the 40 mile trip out toward Rocksprings where the crash had happened.
for lending a hand. WFO's just pulling out of Frio MC Stop when our group(Vmax) pulled in.

There was also a HD guy went down on 336 Saturday just north of Leakey about 11am. Broken collar bone, and landed on his head(no helmet) but he was alive. He was screaming as they loaded him up in the ambulance. Heard later he was airlifted out.
houmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:15 AM   #32
tamucc2004

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
06 636, 06 DRZ400SM, 03 YZ 450 Motard, 07 Kawi Mean Streak, 08 Honda 50

Austin I was the one that called you. I will apologize in now for not being more clear and honestly did not know exactly where I was at. When I called I was between Beorne and San Antonio. I didnt know exactly where they were. The closet point I got was at Rocksprings. Well over a hour away. But I did what I could to get there as fast as I could. Cell reception was bad. All I knew at the time was a good friend was down and couldnt ride. I didnt know if he needed to get to the hospital or what exactly was going on. I wasnt thinking the most straight and was just worried about getting him help. It was also pouring rain where I was at and didnt want my friends to sit in the rain waiting for me to get there.

You posted in a thread on our forum saying if you need anything to call. Put your name number that you lived in Hunt. I also told you where I was. You didnt not tell me it was a 40 mile one way drive. You said it was 20 min away and no big deal that you werent doing anything anyway. I said I was still on my way but just thought it would take me longer. Once again was worried about getting my friends taken care of. I thought at the least you may be able to grab the bike and we could come get it later and I could take him to the hospital. Was also trying to get help and not make you drive all the way to Kerrville. Once again thought it was raining and had a friend hurt and trying to get help ASAP.

I also want to add that you had no prob when you left with the situation. I also asked if your were coming to town like you had mentioned. You said you and some friends may come. I offered to buy all of yall dinner or beer all night or what ever you would like as thanks. Yall never showed up. Im also sorry you had to spend your gas. If you would like gas money PM me a paypal and I will buy you a whole tank. So why this thread I have no idea? But I do apologize if we left a bad taste in your mouth.

WFO IS A GREAT PLACE. NOT A BUNCH A BAND WAGON PEOPLE LIKE POSTED IN THIS THREAD WITHOUT KNOWING BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY!!!

That is not meant towards you either Austin. Do I wish you would have called me or PM'd me or posted this on our board? Yes, but that is a different subject.

So basically if you have a prob blame ME not WFO. I made the call. They had no idea. Maybe I jumped the gun. Maybe Im the bad person for trying to get my friends help ASAP. If thats what you think? Then dont ride with me. But I would do anything and everything for ANY PERSON I ride with and that was all I was trying to do.

Once again sorry but didnt think there was a prob when we left on Sat.

Chris
tamucc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:38 AM   #33
tamucc2004

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
06 636, 06 DRZ400SM, 03 YZ 450 Motard, 07 Kawi Mean Streak, 08 Honda 50

OK per our talk and text

Me 3:21 Sent you a Number

Me 3:23 Im headed that way over a hour away called Austin he said he is only about 20 min away. (meant to send that to one of the guys sent it to you instead)

Him 3:36 On my way

Him 4:09 , almost there. I was thinking 83 and 41

him 4:09 just got a message you werent far behind.

Got there about 10 min later. Got as fast as I could but still about a hour later like I said. Was waiting on a call that you had got them and left. That is the main reason I kept coming. Cell reception wasnt that great so didnt know what was going on. Sorry it took you longer and got the wrong place. If I had know you were further would have said I had it covered. But you said 20 min not almost a hour and 40 miles away.

Just sayin.

Chris
tamucc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:52 AM   #34
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Understandiable. happens in the moment, and if you had a friend in medical need. I would be calling everyone.
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:13 AM   #35
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Cashtown, if you need compensation for coming out to help my friends PM me and I will take care of it. We are a good group of people. Emotions played a big part of what happened. We are very sorry for the miscommunication. Send me a paypal email!

I appreciate everyones positive response. Best way to handle this is with 1 on 1, not blasting us elsewhere. You you have posted this on our forum and I bet you would get no negativity. I exclude Jyn ... Lol

TIA

Johnny

Last edited by TeleRomeo; 10-11-2011 at 06:17 AM.
TeleRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #36
M@tt
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamucc2004 View Post
Austin I was the one that called you. I will apologize in now for not being more clear and honestly did not know exactly where I was at. When I called I was between Beorne and San Antonio. I didnt know exactly where they were. The closet point I got was at Rocksprings. Well over a hour away. But I did what I could to get there as fast as I could. Cell reception was bad. All I knew at the time was a good friend was down and couldnt ride. I didnt know if he needed to get to the hospital or what exactly was going on. I wasnt thinking the most straight and was just worried about getting him help. It was also pouring rain where I was at and didnt want my friends to sit in the rain waiting for me to get there.

You posted in a thread on our forum saying if you need anything to call. Put your name number that you lived in Hunt. I also told you where I was. You didnt not tell me it was a 40 mile one way drive. You said it was 20 min away and no big deal that you werent doing anything anyway. I said I was still on my way but just thought it would take me longer. Once again was worried about getting my friends taken care of. I thought at the least you may be able to grab the bike and we could come get it later and I could take him to the hospital. Was also trying to get help and not make you drive all the way to Kerrville. Once again thought it was raining and had a friend hurt and trying to get help ASAP.

I also want to add that you had no prob when you left with the situation. I also asked if your were coming to town like you had mentioned. You said you and some friends may come. I offered to buy all of yall dinner or beer all night or what ever you would like as thanks. Yall never showed up. Im also sorry you had to spend your gas. If you would like gas money PM me a paypal and I will buy you a whole tank. So why this thread I have no idea? But I do apologize if we left a bad taste in your mouth.

WFO IS A GREAT PLACE. NOT A BUNCH A BAND WAGON PEOPLE LIKE POSTED IN THIS THREAD WITHOUT KNOWING BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY!!!

That is not meant towards you either Austin. Do I wish you would have called me or PM'd me or posted this on our board? Yes, but that is a different subject.

So basically if you have a prob blame ME not WFO. I made the call. They had no idea. Maybe I jumped the gun. Maybe Im the bad person for trying to get my friends help ASAP. If thats what you think? Then dont ride with me. But I would do anything and everything for ANY PERSON I ride with and that was all I was trying to do.

Once again sorry but didnt think there was a prob when we left on Sat.

Chris
Thank Chris for filling in the missing parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleRomeo View Post
Cashtown, if you need compensation for coming out to help my friends PM me and I will take care of it. We are a good group of people. Emotions played a big part of what happened. We are very sorry for the miscommunication. Send me a paypal email!

I appreciate everyones positive response. Best way to handle this is with 1 on 1, not blasting us elsewhere. You you have posted this on our forum and I bet you would get no negativity. I exclude Jyn ... Lol

TIA

Johnny
Cashtown - Again Chris, Johnny and I offer to pay for your gas. Thanks for helping us out. I'll be out there again next weekend if you want meetup have some beers on me.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #37
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Sounds like a good group of guys to me.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #38
ThomAss
I like to ride

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

I called you three times and sent 2 text none of which were returned. If you need compensation for your time and gas pm your paypal info or mailing address and I will send you some money.

Thanks for coming out there to help. I appreciated your offer.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #39
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Sounds like a good group of guys to me.
looks like they responded well in a positive manner too, kudos and hope your friend heals quick.
kudos to cashtown for the assist as well.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #40
agg2001
Agg Racing

Bike(s):
2007 R6 (track)

Send a message via AIM to agg2001 Send a message via MSN to agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to agg2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
i heard WFO is bad.
those mf'ers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash View Post
looks like they responded well in a positive manner too, kudos and hope your friend heals quick.
kudos to cashtown for the assist as well.
no joke. guy is legit. and austin, i REALLY wish y'all woulda headed into town with us saturday night - EPIC.

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
agg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement